testtest

good day at the range

My first Colt Gold Cup from the 80’s would not shoot any of my loads using 200 swc hard cast under a charge of Bullseye, no matter the charge weight, it only shot factory 185 target and 230gr target, which you don’t shoot hardball in the older Gold Cups with the 2 piece spring loaded sear system, so I had to buy the expensive 185 target ammo
funny how that is......one would think.."ammo is ammo".

i know i did, when i first started.

@Annihilator ...

you just sit there so that you press that laughing emoticon....??

cuz dam man............that was a fast response
I just saw you added to your post and read it……

1697211853182.jpeg

a REALLY good day at the range...

i took my Dan Wesson Heritage (45 of course) and 50 rounds of my reloads, and 50 rounds of Remington UMC.

little by little, i have been setting the targets our further, than the usual 7 yards i practice at....

eventually, i will reach the 25 yards required for my re- qualification test i'll need to take in June of 2025.

today, it was my first time at 12 yards, and damn, i am pleased with my results...so much so, the front fiber optic sight fell out, during the first target......

(i have several new rods i had ordered, after my Kimber's front sight, went on vacation as well, some months back)

first...

1699386587765.png

and second..

1699386623351.png

took my Ronin (45) to the club this morning. i haven't had it working since back in May

50 rounds of my reloads, LRN, 230 gr, , and 50 rounds of Armscor 230 gr RN, copper coated.

targets set at the club's desired distance.

disregard the dates from the camera, it somehow went BS on time/date.

1701100349413.png

1701100416342.png

took my S&W 686+ today, it ain't been out since June

missed a few here and there, but overall, i still enjoyed the feeling of a revolver.

Fiocchi .38 specials, 12.5 yards away, 25 rounds per target, and sadly only 1 box this time, no reloads in my cabinet.

i spent more time napping...(got there at about 8:30, they open at 10, i had errands to run first) and uh yeah, i fell asleep, waiting for the place to open......then i actually was there to shoot. like done in about 20 minutes..?? (good morning nap though)

1701203501767.png

the hole at the upper right corner, (at 5L) is that new target holder they got, that's not a bullet hole
1701203524771.png

not just a "good day at the range"...

but a REALLY GREAT DAY TODAY..

last year, the range had a Christmas shooting contest.

$5.00 for 5 shots, any caliber (except rifles, only handguns), and iron sights only, 25 yards

try and hit the Christmas ball.

last year, it took me 2 shots, and i won the Glock ear protection and safety glasses

you select your prize, from a bunch of sealed envelopes.

here is LAST years prize i won.

1702404745106.png

and the ball..
1702404769863.png

ok....drum roll please...

this year, same deal, $5.00 for 5 shots......same everything as above...

1st shot, this time and i hit the ball.........

here is the ball

1702405043158.png

and here is my prize..

1702405074862.png

S&W M&P 2.0 9MM

night sights, 3-10 rd mags (my state capacity limits), 3 back straps (actually 4 with the one on the gun), and of course the case.
========================================================================================
the gun i used today, was the same as last year...

Rock Island Armory XT 22 magnum.

since i have a CCW, i filled out the 4473, and off i go.

i just cleaned and lubed it, tomorrow, off to my club and 50 rds of my reloads, and 50 rds of Blazer.

i still have to clean my RIA but it is past 1 PM, and i am already at least 25 minutes past my nap time....

so cleaning tomorrow.

and tomorrow, i'm buying me an extra PowerBall ticket.>!!!!

not just a "good day at the range"...

but a REALLY GREAT DAY TODAY..

ok....drum roll please...

this year, same deal, $5.00 for 5 shots......same everything as above...

1st shot, this time and i hit the ball.........

here is the ball

View attachment 48506

and here is my prize..

View attachment 48507

S&W M&P 2.0 9MM

night sights, 3-10 rd mags (my state capacity limits), 3 back straps (actually 4 with the one on the gun), and of course the case.
========================================================================================
the gun i used today, was the same as last year...

Rock Island Armory XT 22 magnum.

since i have a CCW, i filled out the 4473, and off i go.

i just cleaned and lubed it, tomorrow, off to my club and 50 rds of my reloads, and 50 rds of Blazer.

i still have to clean my RIA but it is past 1 PM, and i am already at least 25 minutes past my nap time....

so cleaning tomorrow.

and tomorrow, i'm buying me an extra PowerBall ticket.>!!!!
i registered the gun with S&W like any other gun, in the event of any recalls, also I asked them for a build date, like i'd do for all my other firearms. i like to keep detailed records.

i had a tough time finding the SKU number, come to find out, this is a LEO only gun...... :eek: :eek:

no safety, which is how i like my striker guns.

took my Ronin this morning, possibly for the very last time, as i have plans on dumping it.

first time shooting at 15 yards........last targets were set at 12.5 yards.

50 rounds, Federal

by about the 3rd time at that yardage (of 15 yards) , i should be doing much better.

just (hopefully) not with that Ronin.

1704832737301.png

took the Ruger Vaquero to the club this morning.

shot a box of Fiocchi Cowboy Colt 45 lc. (lead)...750 FPS
i don't shoot this gun all that often, but thanks to shooting a box of ammo today, i have maybe about 150 brass cases to be reloaded now

no pics of the targets, i didn't do so good, not enough practice with this gun, and damn that small grip is a killer...now i see why the original owner had a Hogue grip on it, which i think i might put back on.

but the one thing i did take pics of, was 1 smooshed 250 gr lead bullet.

first time, i was to ever recover any shrapnel of this size..usually, it's small broken pieces.

one of my cowboy lead bullets included

1706542390641.png

took the Ruger Vaquero to the club this morning.

shot a box of Fiocchi Cowboy Colt 45 lc. (lead)...750 FPS
i don't shoot this gun all that often, but thanks to shooting a box of ammo today, i have maybe about 150 brass cases to be reloaded now

no pics of the targets, i didn't do so good, not enough practice with this gun, and damn that small grip is a killer...now i see why the original owner had a Hogue grip on it, which i think i might put back on.

but the one thing i did take pics of, was 1 smooshed 250 gr lead bullet.

first time, i was to ever recover any shrapnel of this size..usually, it's small broken pieces.

one of my cowboy lead bullets included

View attachment 51533
Yippee kie aee!

Back