testtest

good day at the range

Well done, the target is dead.
thanks. i have said many times, i am not for distance or competition, but rather self defense shooting practice. so i am following the FBI/NRA stats of attacks at or with-in that 7 yard (20-21 foot) distances. most attacks it has been noted are with in 10 feet.

but the range does not want the targets as little as 3 yards (about that 10 foot distance) away from the port. 7 yards is the minimum.

took the Emissary to the club today. hadn't shot it since October.

good time.

32 rounds, and i tried to hit that small green target at the lower left, but they are harder for me to see, then the larger one.

came time clean, as usual after every range visit, i had forgotten it has the Bull barrel. almost couldn't find the tool.
1648659140648.png

My instructor and several cops I know tell me if you can't stop a threat with HCM shots due to body armor or whatever, don't take head shots, take out the pelvic girdle.
If I have a long gun—yes, definitely go low.

If I have a handgun…I’ll go for the head.

Reason: handguns just don’t have the ability to cause stopping wounds in the pelvic girdle; they just punch holes. Rifles & shotguns, on the other hand, shatter it.

But, any hit to the cranium tends to get a stop result, regardless of caliber.

It’s a trade off, really—pelvis is an easier target but with a lower chance of a physiological stop, vs the head being a harder target with a better chance of a stop.

Roll the dice.

If I have a long gun—yes, definitely go low.

If I have a handgun…I’ll go for the head.

Reason: handguns just don’t have the ability to cause stopping wounds in the pelvic girdle; they just punch holes. Rifles & shotguns, on the other hand, shatter it.

But, any hit to the cranium tends to get a stop result, regardless of caliber.

It’s a trade off, really—pelvis is an easier target but with a lower chance of a physiological stop, vs the head being a harder target with a better chance of a stop.

Roll the dice.
Depends on the handgun and how many rounds you have. And the distance to the target. And how much or how fast or slow the target is moving. I'm thinking the chances of stopping someone with 2 or 3 hits to the groin with a .45 are fair.

Depends on the handgun and how many rounds you have. And the distance to the target. And how much or how fast or slow the target is moving. I'm thinking the chances of stopping someone with 2 or 3 hits to the groin with a .45 are fair.

Fair enough.

I’m willing to bet 1-2 hits in the noggin with a .45 will be a game changer as well.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Pretty sure one would be enough. Especially in the eye or just under the nose.

Even in the jaw…that’s gonna be a poop-load of pain compliance, right quick, even assuming it’s not a/straight on shot with a line to C2-C4…

But, my aim point is just below the chin. Go high, and its in the cranium—bad day. Go low, and it’s in the neck with carotid, jugular, trachea, cervical vertebrae (remember: C4=breathe no more…any CNS hit above C4 shuts down pretty much everything).

took the Korth Mongoose out yesterday. last time was back in October. i gotta get better groupings.

it's my grip. i cannot grip my revolvers like i can grip my auto-loaders, no one can, if we cherish our digits.

i gotta get more practice, now that the pricing of ammo is getting lower. this gun will NOT shoot reloaded ammo....the blowback powder, residue gets into the cylinder bearing area and literally STOPS the wheel from spinning. and it took me forever to disassemble the wheel/extractor rod for a deep cleaning.

factory NEW ammo only

50 rds of .38 special, Magtech flat nose. the club does not allow for magnums.

this was the better target....if it can be called a better target, from the second one.

1650658134202.png

second

1650658439109.png

took the Korth Mongoose out yesterday. last time was back in October. i gotta get better groupings.

it's my grip. i cannot grip my revolvers like i can grip my auto-loaders, no one can, if we cherish our digits.

i gotta get more practice, now that the pricing of ammo is getting lower. this gun will NOT shoot reloaded ammo....the blowback powder, residue gets into the cylinder bearing area and literally STOPS the wheel from spinning. and it took me forever to disassemble the wheel/extractor rod for a deep cleaning.

factory NEW ammo only

this was the better target....if it can be called a better target, from the second one.

View attachment 26661

second

View attachment 26662
Hey, main thing is you got to go out and shoot and have a good time, targets look fine for me.

factory NEW ammo only

View attachment 26661

second

View attachment 26662
Your minute of intruder looks fine. :)

Back