testtest

Greetings from a Democrat!

My understanding is the current rule applies only to vertical foregrips. Angled are fine. I’m not worried about any of it until they actually make the changes. We’ve heard LOTS of proposed rule changes over the years, almost none of which have come to fruition. I say go with what’s legal now and deal with what changes when it actually changes.

90 degree grips is the assumption because the language states "vertical" grips. And that only applies to pistols shorter than 26". Mine is 26 1/4". I'm not putting a vertical grip on it, but I do have a handstop.

I went and just put the hand stops back on in place of the grips. Every ATF document I could find on it seems to point out vertical grips specifically but it also seems it’s at their discretion at the same time. Figured it wouldn’t be any potential headache just to have those grips on there.

My understanding is the current rule applies only to vertical foregrips. Angled are fine. I’m not worried about any of it until they actually make the changes. We’ve heard LOTS of proposed rule changes over the years, almost none of which have come to fruition. I say go with what’s legal now and deal with what changes when it actually changes.

Seems like this always comes up every so often. Almost seems more like scare tactics than anything but better to be safe than sorry i suppose.

SBR e file form 1 for the NFA conversion is running 25-30 days right now. Can have any configuration you want going with an SBR tax stamp. Never worry about “rule changes” or length/style of the firearm.

Welcome to the forum, very nice collection, nothing wrong with all the Springfield’s, I own quit a few myself, you got a very nice collection, also love the avatar, enjoy your stay here, you will find a bunch of very knowledgeable and friendly members here.

Sbr cannot cross state lines, but you can have it in your car. How else do you get it to range, hunt, etc …
You can cross state lines IF you let the ATF and state police (I believe) know. I don’t know all the rules surrounding SBRs, as I don’t have one. Suffice it to say that regulations in regards to SBRs are much more stringent as well as vague than they are with pistols.

If you have an AR pistol, make sure you have an ATF approved brace on it. And make sure you don’t have a vertical fore grip. As of right now, that’s pretty much all you have to worry about and you can treat the weapon like any other handgun. Register it as an SBR and you open up a whole new can of worms and you better make sure you are aware of all federal and state laws regarding NFA classified firearms.

People can do what they want. But, I’ll stick with the pistol, unless I’m forced to reclassify.

You can cross state lines IF you let the ATF and state police (I believe) know. I don’t know all the rules surrounding SBRs, as I don’t have one. Suffice it to say that regulations in regards to SBRs are much more stringent as well as vague than they are with pistols.

If you have an AR pistol, make sure you have an ATF approved brace on it. And make sure you don’t have a vertical fore grip. As of right now, that’s pretty much all you have to worry about and you can treat the weapon like any other handgun. Register it as an SBR and you open up a whole new can of worms and you better make sure you are aware of all federal and state laws regarding NFA classified firearms.

People can do what they want. But, I’ll stick with the pistol, unless I’m forced to reclassify.
Agreed.
The atf approval to cross state lines to legal states is an easy form and can be good for up to a year. Cannot leave it in your vehicle unattended, but then again, I dont leave rifles unattended in my car. If I am going to work, it stays home. Little more legal ramifications than leaving a regular legal unclassified rifle in your car, but once again, leaving any firearm in your car unattended has risks of theft. The form 1 just allows more freedom to build it as you want rather than stuck in the confines of an AR Pistol

Just kidding.

I actually just wanted to post a quick thread to introduce myself as I am new to the party here. Took some of my guns off various hidden magnets around the house and cleaned out the safe to show you guys my set up!

kimber k6s
Ruger SP101
Smith and Wesson EZ 380
Sig sauer P365
Springfield xds mod 2 .45
Springfield xds mod 2 9mm
Dickinson 12 gauge
Springfield saint edge 556 rifle
Springfield saint edge pdw 556
Springfield saint victor in 308
Springfield saint victor in 300 blackout
Hammerli Tac R1 22LR

I know it seems I might be overly enthusiastic about Springfield…and well…I am. Once I went to the edge I sold my other ARs and started adding to more Springfields. What are some of your favorite guns that I need to add to my collection? Right now I have my eye on another kimber revolver with a wood grip, maybe a 1911 or that new ruger 9 max to supplement the p365.
Welcome Guns!

You think I should remove them? My understanding from the gun laws that my tiny brain can understand was that I was legal and perfectly acceptable.
Vertical foregrips are legal on Rifles, but if put on AR pistols with braces, they must be angled fore grips. If not then it makes it an SBR, which needs a tax stamp. At least thats what the idiots at the ATF have stated even though it dosen't change the overall functionality of the firearm. Semantics and all that BS.

A good summary of the proposed ATF Pistol Brace regulation (Law?)
Some points of note in the article:
- Flip up sights get one point, Red Dot gets 2.
- Hand stop gets two points, and other secondary grip (verticle or angled, etc.), makes it a SBR
- Mossberg Shockwave and Remington Tac14 (and guessing Tac13, Black Aces, any firearm like these), would be classified as Short barreled shotgun (SBS). You can say goodbye to those types of firearms if this proposal is implemented, unless you go through the federal process of that classified firearm.
- If it has a standard buffer tube, it get assigned 2 points (over 4 points, it would be considered a SRB).
- I like the statement "any brace that the manufacturer intends to be fired from the shoulder will be considered a short-barreled rifle (SBR) and subjected to the National Firearms Act (NFA)". This leave the ATF as Judge, Jury, and Executioner of what the manufacture intended. Even if they approved a brace, they can later change it as intended to be fired from the shoulder. Much like the Bump Stock was first legal than classified as a machine gun. :rolleyes:
- Lots more in the article on points assigned and what now would be a SBR. This includes Barrel length, Overall pistol length, pistol weight (Min and Max, these described elsewhere and not in this article), etc.
Hopefully this doesn't become a reality or several business may close shop, legal gun owners would become felons (unless you decide to jump through the Feds Hoops, etc.) And it's written so vague, they can always come back and say "this is now restricted since we meant _____" (fill in the blank.
Article is worth a read for those not up on what's being proposed. (Interestingly I was talking with an Army guy that just bought his first Pistol Braced firearm and was picking it up the same time I was buying at the LGS. He was rightly upset and thought sarcastically that he was the reason of said ATF proposal. I felt his pain).

$600 for me. Why not fork out more money for something I already legally bought? Total bs but what else do I do?
Well Guns, you can comment to the ATF and Justice Department that you oppose these new regulations. Here the thread that was posted on this forum that includes Gun Owners of America (GOA) "Take Action" and Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC), soliciting comments to the ATF and/or Justice Department. Several of us on here have already commented.

Well Guns, you can comment to the ATF and Justice Department that you oppose these new regulations. Here the thread that was posted on this forum that includes Gun Owners of America (GOA) "Take Action" and Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC), soliciting comments to the ATF and/or Justice Department. Several of us on here have already commented.

I will make sure I do that.

Back