testtest

Hellcat 22lr exists - Shotshow 2023

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
I have other ongoing posts going on at Twitter. @therealxdman.

Advantage Arms had the Hellcat 22lr & Sig 365 22lr kits. This system will utilize the factory slide and frame, you change the barrel, recoil spring and magazines. The barrel is offset to move the 22 shell over enough that the factory striker and ejector works. I got it one coming to test.

8D75709E-9E04-43E1-A5BC-14CD49FDB768.jpeg

CA670AB5-5E5E-4EE3-9279-4EFA194FDF68.jpeg

6F3EDDC0-78C9-4802-9EEA-8B7C770CE84E.jpeg

Once you utilize this kit, you will VOID your warranty on the Hellcat.

Plus, with the price of the kit.... Wouldn't it just be better to buy a .22LR pistol?

No, it doesn’t…unless you somehow muck it up with the conversion on.
Yes it does VOID the warranty. Here is page 56 of the Manual on the Hellcat.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY? This Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or condition determined by Springfield to be caused by: unauthorized repairs, disassembly, adjustments or modifications, carelessness, negligence, misuse, or unsafe handling, normal wear and tear, failure to properly or reasonably store, use, or maintain the product, hand-loaded, reloaded, remanufactured, or defective ammunition.

Yes it does VOID the warranty. Here is page 56 of the Manual on the Hellcat.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY? This Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or condition determined by Springfield to be caused by: unauthorized repairs, disassembly, adjustments or modifications, carelessness, negligence, misuse, or unsafe handling, normal wear and tear, failure to properly or reasonably store, use, or maintain the product, hand-loaded, reloaded, remanufactured, or defective ammunition.
Read it yourself.

CAUSED BY…

Two very important words.

Warranty is for defects in materials and workmanship.... ....i.e. for what the manufacturer screwed up.... ...warranties are never for what the owner screwed up... ...the disclaimers and the one quoted above, say exactly that....

If the kit breaks the pistols, then its not covered... ...if you use the kit from time to time and the pistol breaks for some other reason that couldn't be caused by use of the kit, then the warranty does covers it....

Yes, people play games with warranty and product liability all the time, on both sides.... ....owners remove aftermarket modifications and return the product to its original OEM configuration and then make a warranty claim.... ...Fram Oil Filter has memos discussing the high failure rate of their oil filters, stating its near impossible to prove in court an oil filter is responsible for engine damage...

So using any product in ways other than the manufacturer intended runs the risk of arguments over warranty claims...
If the manufacturer knows you used the kit, which likely they never will, they could claim stresses created by the kit is what caused the failure, no matter how unrelated the failure appears to be...

I had warranty claim denied on a camera that auto-focus failed because there was a scratch on the case no where near the auto-focus, claiming the scratch was my fault and clearly the cause of the failure in auto-focus....

Last edited:
Interesting development. Offset barrel is not my thing.

I'm keener on the little .380 mini-Hellcat discussed here a while back. Did they ever settle on name? I can't recall, but I think I liked Bobcat .380 for a name.

carville.jpg

Springfield should come out with some affordable thermal scopes for around $1795. Something like the top ends Rattlers in image quality.

Hi,

I can see the advantage of a .22LR conversion kit. For the longest time I was, and to some point still am, considering an Advantage Arms .22 conversion slide/barrel kit for my XD9. Two years ago when 9mm was 60¢ per round for FMJ it seemed cost effective to buy the kit and train with my pistol shooting much cheaper .22 ammo. Unfortunately at the time the kit was always sold out, out of stock.

Now the kit is in stock but like most everything else, the price has gone up. With two or three magazines the slide and barrel kit is over $300. That's practically the cost of another pistol. With 9mm now around 25¢ per round the cost savings is not as pronounced.

I suppose it would still be useful to introduce a new young shooter to my XD9 but for $350 I could buy them (my grandkids) "their own" firearm to train with. Quite the "first world problem", right? ;)

Anyway, thanks for letting me mull this over. There are a few shooters on another forum that really enjoy their "XD22". I'll have to run the numbers again to check the TCO and ROI. :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back