testtest

HEX Optics: A High-Tech Swarm

Well, ordered the Hex Wasp! We'll see how it is. $299 for aluminum frame, glass lens and made for the Hellcat should make this something special. At least I'm hoping so. Looks pretty cool too.

I've been trying to pick up a Shield SMSC on Ebay for a few days now, even placed bids and offers on a couple. REALLY glad they didn't work out now. Good timing for me having the Wasp come out when it did. If I had bought the SMSC and saw this article just a day or two later, I would have been PISSED...

Well, ordered the Hex Wasp! We'll see how it is. $299 for aluminum frame, glass lens and made for the Hellcat should make this something special. At least I'm hoping so. Looks pretty cool too.

I've been trying to pick up a Shield SMSC on Ebay for a few days now, even placed bids and offers on a couple. REALLY glad they didn't work out now. Good timing for me having the Wasp come out when it did. If I had bought the SMSC and saw this article just a day or two later, I would have been
Cool I didn‘t see that the ordering was live. I have one sitting in Fedex purgatory From all the snow in Memphis.

Hello all, here is one of two articles posted today on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled HEX Optics: A High-Tech Swarm and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/hex-optics-a-high-tech-swarm/.

Okay - I'm down - where can I order one today? I went with the Leupold DP Pro initially and it's so big I lost the use of my suppressor height sights. This new optic from SA seems like it fixes the problem. To get the companion rear sight from Leupold is at least $75 so what's a net of $150 to just get another optic?

Okay - I'm down - where can I order one today? I went with the Leupold DP Pro initially and it's so big I lost the use of my suppressor height sights. This new optic from SA seems like it fixes the problem. To get the companion rear sight from Leupold is at least $75 so what's a net of $150 to just get another optic?

I'm thinking of buying this red dot sight, would an expert give me a piece of advice?? It's hard to compare the two...

Attachments

• Red Dot Sight.png
    Red Dot Sight.png
    475.5 KB · Views: 231
Interesting to see some new optics on the market. There are some things I like, such as the 2032 battery and the serrated housing to reduce glare, but there are some things that raise questions as well. Hopefully someone here can answer those questions for me.

* I generally consider any red dot with an auto shutoff to be hobby/range toy tier and would not consider them for duty or carry. Is the auto-off feature on the larger sight user defeatable, or is my dot likely to be off when I need it most?

* Those are some impressive battery life numbers but since it does not have a shake-awake feature, it makes me wonder what intensity level those numbers are from. What would the battery life be at max setting?

* I tend to not like the auto-adjust feature on most current generation dots as it tends to freak out if you are firing from a car or room that is dimmer than where your target is. What is the response time on the sensor and is it mounted on the muzzle side of the optic or on the top? Also what is the response time going from drawing my pistol from concealment to being in full sun? Will my dot still be "spooling up" by the time I am on target? Generally I like a dot I can run at "daylight bright" all day and cover my bases.

* The sights look more or less like variants of the Chinese made SwampFox optics. Does anyone know where these are being sourced from? And please no "packaged in US" weasel speak. Just want to know if its a Chinese made optic.

Generally I run a DPP for my competition guns and either Holosun 507K, 508T or Trijicon on my carry guns. It would be great to have a new entry into the actual duty grade red dot field. Thanks in advance if anyone has answers to my questions!

Got mine today, super disappointed in its brightness. I can barely see it ever. Took it to an indoor range and could see it fine but not bright at alI, totally washed out in the snow out my back door while my Romeo0 worked fine. really wish it had a brightness adjustment having no control is terrible. I also ordered the Hellcat RDP on the way I’ll report if it’s any different. Also, no way to turn off the optic to work on just your iron sight training. Sorry, too many fails I’m returning this.

Got mine today, super disappointed in its brightness. I can barely see it ever. Took it to an indoor range and could see it fine but not bright at alI, totally washed out in the snow out my back door while my Romeo0 worked fine. really wish it had a brightness adjustment having no control is terrible. I also ordered the Hellcat RDP on the way I’ll report if it’s any different. Also, no way to turn off the optic to work on just your iron sight training. Sorry, too many fails I’m returning this.
That’s disappointing. Maybe try a new battery first. I’ve seen a couple reviews on this and they’ve been positive.

That’s disappointing. Maybe try a new battery first. I’ve seen a couple reviews on this and they’ve been positive.
I have another one coming on my new Hellcat RDP, I'll see how that compares and post, but yes I'm very disapointed as well so far. Very washed out hard to see dot, also, the not able to turn up or off ever is a game ender for me to train with my backup irons. BTW I have eagle eyes, no glasses 20/15 vision, Its the optic not me!

Back