testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

He likes to co-witness as many due. But inspectorgadget, once I put the plate will it be flushed with the hellcat on top and will you able to see your front sight or co witness with the 507k? If your dot goes bad againt an aggressor
You cannot co-witness with a 507K and plate. The CHPW plates are .095 thick. Personally I do not want absolute co-witness with red dot. I just want a lower co-witness. That is what you get with the Hex Wasp, and it is what you would get with a 407K/507K no plate. Once you put a plate on all co-witness is gone. Lots of pics floating around the internet of that setup.

You cannot co-witness with a 507K and plate. The CHPW plates are .095 thick. Personally I do not want absolute co-witness with red dot. I just want a lower co-witness. That is what you get with the Hex Wasp, and it is what you would get with a 407K/507K no plate. Once you put a plate on all co-witness is gone. Lots of pics floating around the internet of that setup.
I understand thanks. But if needed can I see my front sight through the 507k if needed, if the red dot went bad correct?

Add a plate to this and I do not think you will have any usable sites.

1647448251451.png

What sight is that jimmy? Thanks.
507K. To me what is in the pic is a good usable iron sight setup in a red dot. A little more is actually better, and a little more is what the Wasp gives you. I only want backup irons if the dot fails for any reason. I want them at the bottom (lower co-witness) because absolute co-witness is distracting from using the dot. Everyone is different, but that is the setup I am looking for.

Last edited:
507K. To me what is in the pic is a good usable iron sight setup in a red dot. A little more is actually better, and a little more is what the Wasp gives you. I only want backup irons if the dot fails for any reason. I want them at the bottom (lower co-witness) because absolute co-witness is distracting from using the dot. Everyone is different, but that is the setup I am looking for.
I use the irons (RDP) to get the red dot in the glass. It's my first RDS so I'm a bit slow with it. The sights get me in the ball park, then the dot is right there. I really like the Hellcat and the wasp. Mine works great. I'm sorry they are having such trouble with a production run of them. I bet SA ain't happy about it either.

I can co-witness w/ my 507k. The sights (front and back) are visible through the glass.

View attachment 25705View attachment 25706
With all due respect there Inspecta ..... true 100% co-witness is when you can see the irons correctly, as in a full sight alignment/picture along with the RDS. In your first picture the sight alignment is way off ..... actually in both pictures that show the dot they are off. In both pictures that show the dot, assuming the irons are aligned, the POI would be way high and to the right.

In truth, you must be able to see the full iron sight configuration along with the dot in order for it to be considered 100%. And the dot will lie in relation to the front iron depending on how the two systems are zero'ed.

With all due respect there Inspecta ..... true 100% co-witness is when you can see the irons correctly, as in a full sight alignment/picture along with the RDS. In your first picture the sight alignment is way off ..... actually in both pictures that show the dot they are off. In both pictures that show the dot, assuming the irons are aligned, the POI would be way high and to the right.

In truth, you must be able to see the full iron sight configuration along with the dot in order for it to be considered 100%. And the dot will lie in relation to the front iron depending on how the two systems are zero'ed.
Maybe I wrote that wrong but I didn’t think / don’t think I have 100% co-witness. I can barely see my irons and the dot at the same time. As far as not being lined up, that was me trying to hold the phone while pushing the focus button and my hand slipped (more than once).

Trust me the irons are dead on. The red dot is dead on. I am looking at other plates right now that’ll offer me 1/3 co-witness. I believe I found one. As far as 100% witness, no thanks. All my rifles and handguns are set to 1/3. I don’t want 100%. For me 1/3 is better.

Back