testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

Sent mine in on March 8 and I am supposed to receive my replacement today
Mine had same problem as others, 25 to 30 days batteries dead on 2 cycles
Hopefully the new replacement will hold up better
Customer service was fine, I left a voicemail on a Sunday and Monday they returned my call and said they were waiting for a new stock of them and would get me one asap

Customer service was fine, I left a voicemail on a Sunday and Monday they returned my call and said they were waiting for a new stock of them and would get me one asap
I’m in exactly the same scenario you are. Unfortunately according to the tracking my wasp was almost here and then fed ex diverted it 700 miles sideways in the wrong direction. I don’t think I’ve ever had a fed ex shipment go as planned.☹️

My first battery went dead in less then a month.So far 2nd one is on 21 daysI tried to contact springfield but have not gotten any reply so far. I believe this has been quite a problem.Actually its hard to believe the battery is suppose to stay on for a period of years

My first battery went dead in less then a month.So far 2nd one is on 21 daysI tried to contact springfield but have not gotten any reply so far. I believe this has been quite a problem.Actually its hard to believe the battery is suppose to stay on for a period of years
According to, well, everyone, the best way to get a hold of SA customer service is by telephone.

My first experience with a red dot was a Vortex Venom on a Q5. Having no intention of ever using that gun for anything except the range, I never considered leaving it on all the time. I turn it on when I am shooting it and turn it off after. I've had it for about 3 years now and it is still on the original battery. I just put about 75 rounds through it at the range yesterday. Almost immediately after buying that gun I began buying and building ARs and of course feeding my ever worsening shotgun addiction. I now have 6 other red dots on various shotguns and ARs. Romeo 5s and a Holosun 510c ( fantastic optic that Holosun). All of those have MOTAC ( shake awake). I change batteries on all of those on a 1 year schedule, but I suspect every one of them would still be going just fine on the original batteries if I hadn't. I have never had a red dot run out of battery life. I also have 2 lasers on guns and have never experienced a battery failure.

All of that blabbering on just to say that I will never buy another red dot that doesn't have shake awake.

Funny thing but for some reason I decided to go to the SA site to look around re the Wasp. While there I found a place to 'register' my Wasp. I had not thought about registering it since I had not yet mounted it and only put the battery in it back in December even though I had actually bought in August of '21. At any rate, the registration for calls for the serial # of the sight and I cannot find any serial #. Anyone happen to know the location of the # on the Wasp sight? Thanks.
When you take off the wasp its on the side of the wasp. One side say made in China and on the other side has the serial number. China makes the wasp to springfield specs. Not china specs. All china does is make it.

I received my replacement today. Hopefully it will work better than 30 days.

Springfield doesn’t make the Hex Wasp! They buy them from the manufacturer to ship with Springfield guns. I’m sure they are just as “if not more frustrated” then customers are.

In the latest Springfield Armory magazine they have an article on another handgun they are shipping with a red dot, this time it’s a Crimson Trace.
China makes the wasp to springfield specs. Not china specs. All china does is produce it to springfield specs. Labor is cheaper in china and china makes great optics. But its springfield specs they are going by. Maybe they should let china fix the specs.

Kind of depressing,sitting here waiting for my Hex Wasp to turn off.22 days and counting.Well,at least it seems we have an avenue to replacement.Not being that up on these red dots.Is $300.00 extreme or what? I purchased the wasp as an afterthought.after purchase of the osp

Kind of depressing,sitting here waiting for my Hex Wasp to turn off.22 days and counting.Well,at least it seems we have an avenue to replacement.Not being that up on these red dots.Is $300.00 extreme or what? I purchased the wasp as an afterthought.after purchase of the osp
Yes they will replace it. Make sure you register it or have the receipt.

The HEX WASP does not turn off, it’s on all the time. The HEX Dragonfly has a on/off switch, the WASP doesn’t

Kind of depressing,sitting here waiting for my Hex Wasp to turn off.22 days and counting.

I wonder if he didn't mean that he was waiting to see if it fails at 30-31 days...
Correct ! I just check it now & then to see if it's still on.Ive got all my info together for Springfield.In case I want to return it.Ive got an account there so I should be ok. :)

Back