testtest

How many Glock's in your firearms collection,what are they?

One; a Gen 3 G21 with an extra 6” Lone Wolf slide & threaded barrel.

Although it’s perfectly possible there’s a G19 or G17 lurking someplace that I’ve forgotten about.

Beyond that? I’ve owned G17’s, 19’s, a 20, 21’s, a 26, a 29, 30’s, 34’s, 36’s, and a 41.

I've trained with and carried numerous Glocks, but they were all issued. The only one of my issued Glocks that I bought for my personal use was the Gen 3 Model 22 that I was issued in the Academy and carried until the department upgraded. This was a sentimental purchase that is more likely to end up in a display box than on the range.

Glocks are excellent duty weapons that function flawlessly after daily exposure to harsh conditions. However, they are the very definition of a gun that is to be used as a tool, and I didn't develop any more emotional attachment to any of them than I would have for a household appliance. They serve a valuable purpose, but there was nothing about them that makes me want to rush out and pick up newer generation models to add to my collection.

I don't want to sound as if I don't like Glocks. I was always happy to get a new generation model issued to me. I think my feelings are the normal result when you have ever used something to earn a living, it becomes difficult to also take personal pleasure in it. I think that's why you never saw cops buying Crown Victorias to drive as their personal car.

I've trained with and carried numerous Glocks, but they were all issued. The only one of my issued Glocks that I bought for my personal use was the Gen 3 Model 22 that I was issued in the Academy and carried until the department upgraded. This was a sentimental purchase that is more likely to end up in a display box than on the range.

Glocks are excellent duty weapons that function flawlessly after daily exposure to harsh conditions. However, they are the very definition of a gun that is to be used as a tool, and I didn't develop any more emotional attachment to any of them than I would have for a household appliance. They serve a valuable purpose, but there was nothing about them that makes me want to rush out and pick up newer generation models to add to my collection.

I don't want to sound as if I don't like Glocks. I was always happy to get a new generation model issued to me. I think my feelings are the normal result when you have ever used something to earn a living, it becomes difficult to also take personal pleasure in it. I think that's why you never saw cops buying Crown Victorias to drive as their personal car.
It's hard to sit in a crown vic wearing a bowtie. Sorry Keystone and Killerford. Gen4 some with mos 19, 20, 21, 22, 31, 40 and 41. Yes, I do own other than glock.

guys don’t make me be the one to admit I have a bunch.

I guess I could pick up a couple to make you feel better. I'll just need you to write a note for my wife insisting that my purchasing several new guns will save you from suffering extreme emotional distress. It may help if you work the, "Christmas is the time to think of others", angle into your letter.

I admit I'm a "Glockaholic" and currently own 15 with more on my Wish List.
So far I have the following G17 Gen4 MOS, G19 Gen4 MOS, G22 Gen3 pared with MechTech Carbine Conversion, G22 Gen4, G23 Gen4, G24 Gen3, G26 Gen3, G27 Gen4, G31 Gen4, G32 Gen 4, G33 Gen4, G35 Gen4 MOS, G42, G43. G44

I have zero Glocks and will never own one.

I won't say never, but I have never had one in my hand that felt right. Supposedly there's a model where they " Improved" the grip angle. I'm certainly open to owning some Glocks. In fact I once went out specifically to buy a Glock. I went to a few stores, checked out every Glock they had, even shot several. I REALLY wanted to love one of them. At the last store, the one with the range, I was feeling a little disappointed having found nothing I wanted when I spied an XD Mod 2 4" .45ACP. As soon as I held it I knew I wanted it. I took it into the range and put a mag through it and then went up to the counter and told them I wanted a new one in the box. They told me it would take a couple weeks to order one and the price was just north of $800. I immediately went down the street to my usual LGS and they had a new one, in the box, with 3 mags for $500.

tOw3bhz.jpg

I won't say never, but I have never had one in my hand that felt right. Supposedly there's a model where they " Improved" the grip angle. I'm certainly open to owning some Glocks. In fact I once went out specifically to buy a Glock. I went to a few stores, checked out every Glock they had, even shot several. I REALLY wanted to love one of them. At the last store, the one with the range, I was feeling a little disappointed having found nothing I wanted when I spied an XD Mod 2 4" .45ACP. As soon as I held it I knew I wanted it. I took it into the range and put a mag through it and then went up to the counter and told them I wanted a new one in the box. They told me it would take a couple weeks to order one and the price was just north of $800. I immediately went down the street to my usual LGS and they had a new one, in the box, with 3 mags for $500.

tOw3bhz.jpg
Everyone's preferences are different, I appreciate your comment about grip angle. I have the same issue with 1911 based pistols. I hope at some point I'll find one I can like.

This
Never fell in love with them. Blah type of gun. Works flawless. Shoots very well. Hit every branch on the way down the ugly tree.

Back