testtest

How To Disassemble and Clean Your 1911

That’s one thing I never really got about the 1911s. Seems they all take some sort of tool to disassemble. I have a Kimber 1911. It’s bushingless, but it takes that forementioned paperclip or something like it to take it down. You’d think after all these years, they’d put out a 1911 that didn’t take a tool to disassemble.

That’s one thing I never really got about the 1911s. Seems they all take some sort of tool to disassemble. I have a Kimber 1911. It’s bushingless, but it takes that forementioned paperclip or something like it to take it down. You’d think after all these years, they’d put out a 1911 that didn’t take a tool to disassemble.
The military issue M1911A1s I used while in active duty did not require a tool (e.g., bushing wrench) to disassemble.

The military issue M1911A1s I used while in active duty did not require a tool (e.g., bushing wrench) to disassemble.

When they were as loose as the Government issue you don’t need a bushing wrench.

Good video, should help some folks out, especially those new to 1911’s.

All my 4 inch barrel 1911's run a Wilson Combat Flatwire guide rod which means no clip or tool needed.
My 3 inch barrel 1911"s come apart also without needing a clip or tool-once they have been fired a bit the guide rod springs tend to loosen up allowing removal.
The only one sometimes have a time with is my 3 inch EMP in .40-it's a stiff little booger.

Good video. Thought had while watching was on 2 piece guide rods, while possibly looking better with hex or Allen type screws, why not use single or double slot (Like an X.) flat head screw? Same with fancy grip screws? That way, like original 1911 flathead grip screws they could be loosened or tightened with with end cartridge or mag? Out in middle of nowhere or in emergency, not everyone has access to other tools. Torx and Allen screws work nice, but nicer if have good tool that works on hand already? Alternatives are good.

Like an AK, original 1911's were purposely designed that way.

Back