testtest

How to identify venison cuts of meat

Right on ..... and on ...... and on ........ !!! :) I truly love Q'ing whenever the opportunity presents itself. But alas, we've all gotten old to the point it's hard to get out of bed on a normal morning, much less stay up all night doing a 23+ pound packer brisket, then protecting it while it rests, then get it ready to serve along with all the trimmings for a really fine hoe-down !!! And then all the cleaning up afterwards.
Definitely understandable. I've tried indirect heat slow cooking in a pit style before, but nothing like you guys down there! I stick to grilling 😂😂😂

And BTW Cowboy, I have done literally dozens of cooks out at my old hunting camp using up the venison ribs that not many wanted to take the time to trim and pack for freezing. Usually about every 3 weeks we'd have enough ribs to feed the entire camp. That was a typical Saturday night supper while in camp during the season.
I will put down some venison ribs! Or any ribs for that matter!

Got to reminiscing some and thought I'd share a few more pics. Some are from various cooks that I can't name, but all were done on the little 80 gal smoker you saw before. I'll try to label them best I can. Hope you enjoy!

1 - our semi-sorta campground in the woods by the lake
2 - fireworks over the lake..... must have been New Years or 4th
3 - fun at the lake.... crystal clear water and so cool
4 - a little pickin' and grinnin'
5 - a little more with some help
6 - just gave my friend (land owner) his sausage cookers
7 - we're gettin' the ribs ready to go on
8 - I think they're ready to go on
9 - my side kick approvin' of the butts for pulled pork
10 - just startin' to cut up a few spatch cocked yard birds

More to come .......................... next post.
Jon and Pams 040608 044.jpgmisc 025.jpgmisc 040.jpgmisc 042.jpgmisc 044.jpgBBQ pics 125.jpgJon and Pams 040608 004 (Small).jpgJon and Pams 040608 007.jpgBBQ pics 131.jpgBBQ pics 134.jpg

Here's a few more ...........

1 - just some nice ribs have just come off
2 - good people waiting .... IIRC that was a chilled bottle of "Grand Marnea"! Oh hell yeh !!!
3 - putting on some spatch cock yardbirds ... the butts are already about done
4 - look at the color on those chix's
5 - more good people waitin for good 'Q'
6 - those ribs in pic 1 just about ready to come off

I apologize for the cigarette, that's something I rarely ever did when cooking. That particular time I was in a rush to check and simply forgot I had it. I quit cold turkey not long after this at 11:55pm 3/11/09. Haven't touched another since that night.

BBQ pics 146.jpgJon and Pams 040608 024.jpgBBQ pics 137.jpgBBQ pics 139.jpgJon and Pams 040608 009.jpgBBQ pics 145.jpg

Last edited:
Back