testtest

How to remove dust cover from Springfield saint victor?

B3Z3RK

Alpha
Hello everyone!

I have finally bought my first AR, which is the Springfield saint victor. I’m really enjoying it so far. I’m still pretty new to ARs and I’m learning how all the parts work. I bought a new dust cover, but notice the bar for it goes into a slot into the hand guard. In order to replace the dust cover, do I need to remove the hand guard? And how do I remove the hand guard?
Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I have finally bought my first AR, which is the Springfield saint victor. I’m really enjoying it so far. I’m still pretty new to ARs and I’m learning how all the parts work. I bought a new dust cover, but notice the bar for it goes into a slot into the hand guard. In order to replace the dust cover, do I need to remove the hand guard? And how do I remove the hand guard?
Thanks!
I could go into a lenghty detail that is easy, but YouTube is your friend 10000000 x over on these rifles.

pull up the mass amounts of videos and behold ... your subject matter will be step by step

I could go into a lenghty detail that is easy, but YouTube is your friend 10000000 x over on these rifles.

pull up the mass amounts of videos and behold ... your subject matter will be step by step
Yeah, that was the first thing I did before coming here. The main reason I’m here asking you all is because every dust cover removal video I’ve seen has a different set up than the saint

It is a pain in the neck, but I did it on mine. I don’t remember exactly how I did it since it was about a year ago. But I believe I removed it towards the rear of the receiver, not the front. I put some tape on the receiver to prevent it from getting scratched. Like I said, it was a pain to do, but I did accomplish it without having to take the handguard off.

the Victor is no different from any other mil-spec type ejection port cover.

You can go backwards like in the video, but you risk scratching things. Or you can remove the handguard. On the handguard there are the rectangular locking tabs, with some torx screws. Just remove the screws take the tabs off and work the hang guard forward. Put your parts in and reassemble.

Back