testtest

How to Spot a Concealed Carrier

There are also revolvers with 5 chambers. And 7. And 8. And 10, even.
But if we are going to be totally correct I believe there was a 12 chambered revolver also. Will have to research it further as I cannot remember a model.

Uberti and Walch make/made 12 shot revolvers.

If there are other larger chambered revolvers, which for some reason I seem to remember. I do not know of them off the top of my head.

Further research showed an old pinfire 15 shot revolver which is the one I remember seeing ages ago.

Last edited:
i live in SW Florida, so keep that in mind. Hawaiian shirts are not that unusual here, so would not be a giveaway. With the hot weather, if someone is wearing an undershirt and a regular shirt (when the heat index is 105), that's a giveaway. A fanny pack worn in front is another tell. Love the black socks and sandals on this guy too!

1661492781006.png

i live in SW Florida, so keep that in mind. Hawaiian shirts are not that unusual here, so would not be a giveaway. With the hot weather, if someone is wearing an undershirt and a regular shirt (when the heat index is 105), that's a giveaway. A fanny pack worn in front is another tell. Love the black socks and sandals on this guy too!

View attachment 30167
I wear a shirt and an undershirt 365 days of the year, whether I’m carrying or not. And having lived in Florida before I can tell you summer in St. Louis is way more brutally oppressive.

I’ve always understood revolvers not to classify as pistols. Per the internet:The ATF defines a pistol as any handgun that does not contain its ammunition in a revolving cylinder
When I was younger, we had to walk........ no, no, that's not the right story, let's see, oh ya, most police dept. used revolvers. the most common semi autos were 1911's and Ruger/ High Standard .22's, and before Glock came to our shores, pistol and handgun was used interchangeably. Just me personally I don't give a flying rats tail what some non-elected bureaucrat defines anything as, as long as they leave me alone.

The dreaded fanny pack. You know, if I had a big gut, that might be my preferred method of carry. However, because of the "old man" stigma, I will continue my daily treadmill activities in order to keep the belly I have a semi-reasonable size, so as to avoid the dreaded fanny pack and opt for more.....convenient methods of concealed carry.

To be honest if someone "thinks" I'm carrying its up to them,too many people worry about what others think,its my choice to carry,people who are offended by me carrying are best avoided anyway,people like that are the reason more and more sensible law abiding folk carry in the first place

It's funny. This topic pops up here fairly often and nearly all the sterotypical " CC starter outfit" pictures look like stuff people around here wear all the time and have forever. Cargo pants and a hat with a flag on it? really? That could be damn near anyone. I can tell you the only change I made to my dress to accomodate carrying ( IWB) is those $20 stretchy jeans they sell at the Walmart from Wrangler. Those things are great. And after Thanksgiving dinner I don't have to unbuckle my belt.

It's funny. This topic pops up here fairly often and nearly all the sterotypical " CC starter outfit" pictures look like stuff people around here wear all the time and have forever. Cargo pants and a hat with a flag on it? really? That could be damn near anyone. I can tell you the only change I made to my dress to accomodate carrying ( IWB) is those $20 stretchy jeans they sell at the Walmart from Wrangler. Those things are great. And after Thanksgiving dinner I don't have to unbuckle my belt.
This topic comes up over and over and over and over and over again on every forum out there.

There was a dipstick (who shall remain unidentified) on The Smith & Wesson Forum who stated that if he identified somebody concealed carrying in public he made a point of giving them a ration about their lack of concealment.

I don't need to invite idiots like that into my life

I've said this before but before I retired I worked as an armed guard.

One of the first things I learned on that job was that there are a bunch of street rats who aren't intimidated in the least by your gun. If they can find a way to disarm you they will, if not they'll simply move on to the next thing.

I've actually had people try to disarm me at work. I have no doubt they'd try the same on anyone else they encountered open or concealed carrying.

There are also people out there who don't think you should be carrying a gun (at all really) in public.

There was a group on Facebook that advocated calling the police on anyone they saw open carrying. They suggested lying to the police and telling them that the armed person is behaving in a threatening manner so the police will respond in force. Google John Crawford. He was killed by the police because someone reported that he was getting ready to kill people in A Wal-Mart.

Bottom line, I try very hard not to stand out in a crowd.

Back