testtest

I Must Be the Only One

I have nothing against anyone owning one. I have nothing against them. I just personally have yet to A. Find a pistol gripped longarm pleasing to the eye, or B. as comfortable to shoot as a normal rifle.

I am fully aware of thier advantages i have shot many and am a decent shot using one. I am sure if I trained with them I would I would find uses and perhaps appreciation of them. To date I have yet to decide I wish to do that or found a need. But I never say never...

I must be the only gun nut that doesn't own a firearm based on the AR-15/M16 platform. I just don't see a want/need to own one. Perhaps, due to my negative experience with the early M16s that were jam-a-matics, it left me a bit warped. I do prefer the look a wood stock.
Same here, no AR rifles, also I don’t have any of those pot metal guns that @Belt Fed and @10mmLife brag about, you know those high point thingys…..😬😬

...also I don’t have any of those pot metal guns that @Belt Fed and @10mmLife brag about, you know those high point thingys…..😬😬

tenor.gif

I'm a lot like the OP. After some not so good experiences with the M-16A1 in the Army, I refused to buy an AR for about 40+ years. But then .gov and the antis started pushing banning them really bad. So, I finally broke down and bought a S&W M&P 15 just because they didn't want me to have one.
About a year or so later, I stumbled into a great deal on a Colt A2 Sporter that I just couldn't pass up.
Honestly, I don't shoot them much at all. I have 'em just because.
I am sorta interested in one of the super accurate ones, but I don't know if I'll ever break down and spend that kind of money. The two I have will probably be the only ARs I'll ever own. I'm just not a fan.

I never cared for them. Then one day a few years back the wife tells me I should buy one before they ban them. So I did. Then I took it apart, replaced a bunch of stuff and figured out how to maintain them. I have built about 6 or 7 since then. And every single one, even the “ less than higher quality” ones is completely reliable.

I don’t care for wood furniture on ARs. I don’t care for A1/A2 style ARs. I built an M16 clone for a friend that impressed me, but not enough To buy one for myself.

They are fun to build and fun to shoot.

Back