testtest

Is Colion Noir right about open carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither are yours in favor of it.

Why don't you address the people (like me) who are sitting here telling you that they have had to fight people for their guns

No wonder you have such insight into the criminal mind. You just confessed to fighting people for their firearms! Why not just purchase them like everyone else?

No wonder you have such insight into the criminal mind. You just confessed to fighting people for their firearms! Why not just purchase them like everyone else?
Enjoy your time here, however short it may be.

I'm watching the OP have the same argument on Glock-Talk.

He's melting down pretty hard because nobody's agreeing with him.

There's an old saying if one person tells you you're a horse you can ignore it.

If two people tell you you're a horse you might want to consider what they're saying.

And if three people (or every single respondent on at least two forums) tell you you're a horse you might want to go buy a saddle.

Last edited:
Enjoy your time here, however short it may be.

I'm watching the OP have the same argument on Glock-Talk.

He's melting down pretty hard because nobody's agreeing with him.

There's an old saying if one person tells you you're a horse you can ignore it.

If two people tell you you're a horse you might want to consider what they're saying.

And if three people (or every single respondent on at least two forums) tell you you're a horse you might want to go buy a saddle.

he must have been banned, and i see no posts from him

never mind, he's under an "assumed alias", i found him

Last edited:
You're just resorting to ad hominem arguments. You have conceded the argument once you have done that.
I have to ask this question, you've been here for 3 days. You've obviously started this discussion to promote your video. The overwhelming majority of people responding to this discussion don't agree with you. You're not winning any Hearts and Minds. At what point does reasoned debate become trolling?

Oddly enough, on The High Road he's professing to be anti open carry.

This rebuttal video to Colion's arguments in favor of concealed carry vs open carry has been going around. Personally, I believe Colion is right on as usual. Situational awareness, drawing the wrong attention, and the ability to be disarmed are just too big of issues to be ignored. I'm always looking for stronger arguments against open carry as I believe it's a blight on gun owners. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the video:

Appearing to be a potential victim is about a lot more than not openly carrying a gun. Not paying attention is the big one. Pair that with open carrying a gun, now you're probably getting shot with your own gun.

In my life, it is NEVER an advantage for others to know I am armed.
Exactly(appearing to be a victim is a lot more).

Even though I live in a small town I still am careful where I park when I go out and what's around me.

I was at a parts store this morning and I saw a homeless guy walking around asking for money. I saw him before he saw me. I almost always have a $1 handy to give a homeless person. But I go to them, I don't usually allow them to get close to me. And that's what I did with this person. I gave him a $1 and walked away. He thanked me and kept on moving.

I sometimes see a homeless person at a traffic light not too far from where I live. I almost always have a couple of loose dollar bills in the center console of my truck. I'll grab a buck and have it in my hand and hand it to them, wish them a good day and be prepared to drive off if necessary. I never let them get too close to the cab of my truck. I don't always give money to homeless people. But if I feel it's safe to do so, then I will. If I don't, I won't. I try to be aware of what's around me, when I'm not at home(with my dog watching my back...:))

If there had been several homeless people walking around, I probably would have jumped in my truck and driven off.

When you pay attention and are somewhat prepared you are usually less of a victim, especially during the day. I don't go out at night much. When I do, I usually know where I'm going and the safer places to stop for gas or to use a bathroom.

When I'm pumping gas I'm scanning the area. If someone makes me nervous, then I prepare to engage them if they start getting closer than I'm comfortable with them getting. I have told many a person, "No, thank you. Have a good day. Good-bye." And on a few occasions had to use more forceful language.

I've got tattoos. I look like I'm in good shape. I train in martial arts several times a week. I've had my nose broken from Boxing, Martial Arts, and working as a bouncer, so my face looks like it's been in a few scrapes, especially, my nose...:) I'm not scared to get hit or fight, but I'd rather not. Like I tell my students, no one wins in a fight, we just survive.

I'm polite to everyone, but if a person sees my politeness as a weakness and/or doesn't respect the space I want, then I'll use a firmer tone and go from there.

I have pulled into a gas station and left because the environment didn't feel right to me.

Being aware. Being polite, but firm, but also not fearing a confrontation, has always worked for me. But every individual has to develop their own sense of awareness and survival. If being on your cellphone constantly is what makes you happy, fine. Just don't whine when you get ripped off or mad because you got sued because you got into an accident because you were distracted by your phone.

Being caught off guard is never a good thing. It really doesn't take a lot to be prepared. Most fear and risks can be managed and hopefully controlled. There's lots of good training and information out there.

yeah, well they must have deleted what he posted....nothing shows. they don't put up with :poop: over there.

2ndammendment4Life was last seen: Yesterday at 2:56 PM
Yup. Kleanbore banned him after a little bird posted a screenshot of all the different forums that he had joined that day to post that video

The idea that openly carrying a firearm will make you less likely to be a victim is fantasy. It can be provacative and at worse can make you a target. Like The Duke said, A man should do what he thinks is best. I will continue endeavoring to be the Grey Man.

This is analogous to saying gun-free zones are effective. Deterrence is a real thing. OC doesn't mean never being the victim, but it can have a deterrence effect if done properly.

This is analogous to saying gun-free zones are effective. Deterrence is a real thing. OC doesn't mean never being the victim, but it can have a deterrence effect if done properly.
It's not analogous to gun free zones at all. Gun free zone signs are no indicator whether or not people are armed. Someone bent over looking at tomatoes with a pistol on his hip that he isn't paying attention to leaves no doubt.

So you're okay with gun free zones since they "are no indicator whether or not people are armed"?
Not at all. But saying it's analogous to saying open carry is not a deterrent is ridiculous.

Although I have no gripe with private property owners establishing gun free zones if they want to. I don't have to patronize them.

Not at all. But saying it's analogous to saying open carry is not a deterrent is ridiculous.

Although I have no gripe with private property owners establishing gun free zones if they want to. I don't have to patronize them.
Why are you against gun free zones then? If they "are no indicator whether or not people are armed," isn't this the ideal situation for a perp to make critical error in victim selection?

Why are you against gun free zones then? If they "are no indicator whether or not people are armed," isn't this the ideal situation for a perp to make critical error in victim selection?
Explain to me what this question has to do with open carry not being an effective deterrent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back