testtest

I’ve pulled the trigger and gone Rare Breed

Most cost effective option is to buy an H1 and two tungsten weights, 20 bucks each, and upgrade your H1 to H2 or H3 as as required, try out all three.

I have a Colt H1 and H2. Could I buy just one weight and add it to the H2 to see what an H3 is like?
Also, are the Geiselle springs interchangeable between buffer weights or are they each weight specific?
Geiselle H1 and adding weights. I assume all weights are the same? Geiselle weights aren't special?

I know it probably got lost in all the details, but I already tried the Colt H2 and it quit cold.
Is it possible that it might still run with the Geiselle H2 setup?
It is possible but I betcha H3 is your answer if there is one.

If you’re feeling noncommittal, pay a gun Smith to test different buffers and report which one works best.

The Geissele spring works with all Geissele buffer weights

Just buy the correct tungsten weights and you should be fine for upgrading the weight.

Odin has light and heavy adjustable buffers and will work with your G braided spring. Mine does for carbine. I think free spring length should be 10.5" or close to it for carbine length ar15.

Well, I added an H3 buffer and Geissele braided spring and a Rare Breed trigger to my new Saint Edge Evac...I'm in love, it runs like a compact sub machine gun (but it's not, ATF, it's not one).

So so fun, what a great truck gun and potential impromptu way to eviscerate hogs.

I got my email yesterday for being on the waitlist. I had it in my cart, but I just couldn't go through with it. 380+ shipping I'd burn all my ammo in a quick afternoon.

Infinitely cheaper than buying an NFA full auto though, worth the money in that regard.

Yes! I can tell you I'd MUCH rather scratch up my Colt 6920 than my M16A2. Also no 5320 forms when I travel. Much less hassle. I can also say that the FRT runs just like my '16. Impressive and about $25K cheaper!

My Geissele H1 system arrived this week. I also purchased an additional Geissele tungsten weight. My plan is to experiment using the weights in my Colt buffers to see what happens? I already know the H2 won't run so I'll start off by adding a weight (H3) to see what happens? I was disappointed to learn that the Geissele spring is not compatible with a standard buffer. They claim it will damage the gun. I assume that's because it won't fit over the shelf at the end of the buffer and therefore be slightly too long? I guess Geissele wanted to sell buffers since you say there's nothing special about a Geissele buffer per se?
If it runs with the H3 then I'll add the weights into the Geissele H1 so I can use their spring. I'm a little leery of using the H1, so if the H2 and H3 don't run I may have to toss it. Hate to lose the $65 but don't want to damage my gun.

While I was putting together my new pistol lower yesterday my son in law came over with his suppressed 7.5" .300 BLK. It's having cycling issues. The first thing I noticed was that it was filthy and dripping in oil. Even the buffer was disgusting. He said he was shooting it the other day and it stopped feeding consistently so he shot the crap out of it with some oil. He doesn't remember what it was, just that it came in an aerosol can. lol He had another complete lower with him and was swapping the buffers trying to get it to run ( After I disassembled it and cleaned it) and was still having issues. I thought it might be a gas problem, although it is ejecting brass at 3:00. I went to maybe adjust the gas block a little and first off the adjustment screw seemed to be sticking out pretty far. I put an allen key on it and it won't budge. I broke my allen key trying. And yes I tried gently and both ways and a sprayed a little penetrating oil on it. It cycled a little better with the buffer from his new lower, which I believe is a regular carbine buffer ( We have no clue what any of the stuff is in his 7.5". Not even the brand as there are no visible markings on the lower or anywhere else. I believe this one must have started out it's life as an 80% )

I told him that from my research most people with 7.5-8" 300 blk. pistols say run pistol gas with a stock carbine buffer. Some recommend an H2. I am really new to the AR platform so I really wasn't much help to him, but I think first he needs to get his gas block sorted out and then start worrying about buffers. It's just strange that it ran fine until a few days ago.

Changing the trigger return spring and upping the pull weight made ALL the difference in the world! Amazing!
Whereas the H2 wouldn't run at all, it does now. And the H3 is even better. Easy singles and a slower ROF!

It seems that I did open one can of worms... The Geissele coiled spring came with an H1. While I know I can add a couple of tungsten weights to it, I just slipped my Colt buffer over it. Geissele site says NOT to use anything but THEIR buffers as it will damage the weapon. I experienced no issues and I have read others have as well. Yet there are those that maintain it can hurt the gun even though the difference is literally only a few thousandths.
Any opinions here?
Here's my latest vid with plenty of details in the description. Thanks to all the GREAT guys here who helped so much!

Changing the trigger return spring and upping the pull weight made ALL the difference in the world! Amazing!
Whereas the H2 wouldn't run at all, it does now. And the H3 is even better. Easy singles and a slower ROF!

It seems that I did open one can of worms... The Geissele coiled spring came with an H1. While I know I can add a couple of tungsten weights to it, I just slipped my Colt buffer over it. Geissele site says NOT to use anything but THEIR buffers as it will damage the weapon. I experienced no issues and I have read others have as well. Yet there are those that maintain it can hurt the gun even though the difference is literally only a few thousandths.
Any opinions here?
Here's my latest vid with plenty of details in the description. Thanks to all the GREAT guys here who helped so much!

Manufacturers have to CYA anything they didn't specifically make for an item, for example, even though the Rare Breed trigger is a simple drop in, they recommend a gun smith do it for you. Why? Because they know most novices won't bother to tune the buffer weights to make it run or in case some bumpkin some how manages to damage the trigger just opening the box.

In Geissele's case, they designed the spring for their system and buffer and not others, so they put out a disclaimer as a CYA in case it doesn't play nice with other OEM buffers.

If it works, great, if it doesn't then Geissele gets to wash its hands of liability because they said not to use it with anything but their buffer.

If it works, great, if it doesn't then Geissele gets to wash its hands of liability because they said not to use it with anything but their buffer.

Clear, concise and to the point. THIS is why forums like this are so valuable. Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease.
Care to take a stab as to why increasing the trigger pull allowed the heavier buffers to work? I changed no other variables....same ammo, mags etc....

Clear, concise and to the point. THIS is why forums like this are so valuable. Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease.
Care to take a stab as to why increasing the trigger pull allowed the heavier buffers to work? I changed no other variables....same ammo, mags etc....
It is my experience that the heavier buffers work in general.

Their website doesn't advise anything less than an H2.

I've been toying with buying an Evac for awhile. Unfortunately availability is scarce around here and I normally like to hold a gun before dropping $2K on it.
Have you shot it much? Reliability? Never considered dropping a RB trigger in it until now. Apparently it runs with it?

I've been toying with buying an Evac for awhile. Unfortunately availability is scarce around here and I normally like to hold a gun before dropping $2K on it.
Have you shot it much? Reliability? Never considered dropping a RB trigger in it until now. Apparently it runs with it?
It runs like a machine gun...er, I mean fast gun. Seriously, it's the closest you'll get to an NFA item without dropping the coin and the tax stamp...for now.

It cycles quickly and it breathes fire, it's great.

I finally had time to test my ATI Scmeisser 60rd mags. After never having had a single malfunction with any of my SureFire 60 mags I figured the bar was a bit high.
Ran several mag dumps without a hiccup. So as far as I can see, these mags are good to go. German workmanship strikes again!
I feel a definite slowing in ROF since increasing the trigger pull to 6.5lbs and the buffer to H3...which is what I wanted.

Here's a crazy one for the AR experts...

My friend built one from an 80%. Nothing fancy. Typical 16'' bbl etc. Dropped an FRT in there and it runs beautifully. His 18 y/o is out there squeezing off singles like it's a stock trigger. So naturally I have to pop it open to see which H buffer he's running? H3? H2? Nope. A standard weight! Not even a heavy buffer! I popped it on a scale and sure 'nuff less than 3 oz. WTF? I had him try all mine. H1 to H3. They all ran, but it was HARDER for him to get singles. So he left the standard one in. Go figure????

Back