testtest

I’ve pulled the trigger and gone Rare Breed

I know it’s not like a binary trigger. I watched their videos.
As for my question about the selector switch: I imagine there’s a learning curve and it can be fired like a SA as long as you take your finger off the trigger after the shot. If you’re running those triggers exclusively it’s probably no big deal, but if you just have it on one gun I could see it possibly being an issue in a high stress situation. Of course I might be overthinking it.

I think it’s kinda ridiculous that we can’t just have “burst” as an option. Which I think I would prefer over full auto or an aftermarket “bump” trigger.
I think it intentionally was designed without a select fire option so it could not be accused of being a drop in select fire auto sear.

It already allows you to shoot approximately 700 rounds per minute when tuned correctly, which is a rate of fire comparable to a select fire weapon. But that in and of itself doesn't make it one, so they're hedging their bets to make sure it gets accused of being a bump trigger, although you do not feel the reset, and it is infinitely more controllable than a bump stock.

As for burst fire, the way you finesse the trigger will allow you to do that, basically your own finger is the selector switch between a single shot, a few rounds, or a mag dump.

The guys in this video shoot a full auto and rare breed together and compare. There is a little bit of fluff in between the good stuff of this video, so just fast forward to good stuff, seems to be the lay of the land of YouTube videos.

Whether they're talking saint, victor or edge, you're only concern is barrel length and muzzle device combined with what buffer tube. So what length barrel have you got? 5.5, 7, 10.5 or 16"? Do you have a brake, flash hider or hate brake. If you look, I'd bet a nickel tacticalpirate has covered it.

Do a H3, I have an H3 in my Saint Edge Evac with Rare Breed (7.7 inch barrel) and in my Geissele 11.5 inch Super Duty pistol.

My next build is going to be a belt fed with a Rare Breed, and that will require an H3 as well.
Ok. Thanks I I try my buddies h3 but it was the spring that was already in it. And I was thinking that factory spring wasn't going to run it right. But ive been thinking about getting the h3 geissele and spring. The belt fed with the rare breed would be nice to have

Sorry if this has been said... I have a saint edge 5.5 and ordered a H3 kit from geissele.. Is that all I need to run a frt?
What are you calling a 5.5 pistol, the PDW? If so, you can't run the FRT on that gun as it has a proprietary BCG and buffer system that work with the Maxim Brace.

What are you calling a 5.5 pistol, the PDW? If so, you can't run the FRT on that gun as it has a proprietary BCG and buffer system that work with the Maxim Brace.
Yeah sorry... Guess I'll have to get another one to use it on....you recommend one that's best for that trigger? I really don't want to put it on my high end ones...

Yeah sorry... Guess I'll have to get another one to use it on....you recommend one that's best for that trigger? I really don't want to put it on my high end ones...
Any AR with a full auto BCG and H3 buffer with a carbine stock can run it, some even will run it with an H2.

I have them in a M&P 15T and an M&P 15X and they love it. I put Geissele BCG and buffers/ springs in them both.

Hey, I did a rare breed trigger install on a Springfield saint armory pistol and when I take my upper off the lower receiver it’s hard to put back together. Any information would be nice

Hey, I did a rare breed trigger install on a Springfield saint armory pistol and when I take my upper off the lower receiver it’s hard to put back together. Any information would be nice
The hammer makes it a slide in process, try lining it up and pulling back the charging handle, sometimes it helps

Just got back from the range, all I can say is wow.

I dumped 180 round of 556 in about 5 minutes and have zero regrets.

The binaries are exceptional on the Edge PDW and pistol, and the Geiesske pistol and M&P 15X rocked the Rare Breed like champs.

Dumped two mag through both Rare Breeds, and once you learned to brace for the recoil the guns were very manageable, and one round shots and multiple round bursts as well as full auto sounding dumps were easy with the finessing of trigger pressure.

Zero malfunctions on any gun, all setups cycled without a single issue.
Dam
Just got back from the range, all I can say is wow.

I dumped 180 round of 556 in about 5 minutes and have zero regrets.

The binaries are exceptional on the Edge PDW and pistol, and the Geiesske pistol and M&P 15X rocked the Rare Breed like champs.

Dumped two mag through both Rare Breeds, and once you learned to brace for the recoil the guns were very manageable, and one round shots and multiple round bursts as well as full auto sounding dumps were easy with the finessing of trigger pressure.

Zero malfunctions on any gun, all setups cycled without a single issue.
that sounds like a lot of fun 🤩

Gentlemen, for the sake of science I have taken one for the team and upgraded two rifles and an AR pistol with Rare Breed triggers, and have a fourth in reserve for a gun I’ve yet to build from scratch.

I also have added Franklin Armory Binary triggers to a Saint Edge pistol and Edge PDW.

Stay tuned for field and range reports.

The M&Ps in this experiment are not the basic Sport 2, but the law enforcement M&P 15X with a chrome lined 1/9 Thompson/ Center barrel and M&P 15T with a 1/8 5R rifled Thompson/Center barrel. Both are upgraded with Geissele bolt carriers and Geissele H2 buffers and braided wire springs to handle the demands of the Rare Breed installation.

The pistol with a Rare Breed installation is a Geissele Super Duty 11.5, with a Daniel Defense 1/7 barrel, and Geissele everything, including H3 buffer and braided wire springs.

I’m not asking for ammo donations yet, like I said, I’m taking one for the team for the sake of science 😎
Love the experiment. Did you upgrade to a full auto BCG on any of the rifles and pistols?

Love the experiment. Did you upgrade to a full auto BCG on any of the rifles and pistols?
Yes, I put Geissele BCG in the M&P 15X and. M&P 15T.

I just recently built a belt fed and it runs like a SAW, had to take the spring out of a German MG34 machine gun and cut down the coils to fit the buffer tube, but it runs like a sewing machine now and strips rounds from links with zero stoppages so long as running 556 ammo and not 223.

Would the rare breed frt work in a saint victor 9mm? And whatvwould it need to run properly without jamming?
If it's designed for AR 's in pcc, not for/in regular AR 10 and 15's. The issue with a non-AR bolt is the hammer isn't tall enough to reset and/or strike the firing pin. I found this out when building 2 AR pic's. Call the mfg of the trigger for a best answer.

Back