testtest

I’ve pulled the trigger and gone Rare Breed

Obsrvr... just curious why you posted this video? You are aware that it is the vid that started all the controversy several months ago and led to many of the posts in this thread, right? ;)

Obsrvr... just curious why you posted this video? You are aware that it is the vid that started all the controversy several months ago and led to many of the posts in this thread, right? ;)
I was not aware of that. The video did not stop me from adding my name to the waiting list. But it is a good point as to the angle of the spring. I don't know how far the angle changes, but it is a little concerning for dependability. Glad it all got sorted out on here.

Last edited:
So now I have a dumb question so please correct me if I am wrong. On the saint edge rifle it has an adjustable gas block. So with that a guy should not have to worry much about buffer weight, correct? If that is the case, it would seem that the rare breed would be easier to tune with an adjustable gas block???

Last edited:
in fact and again correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't a adjustable gas block be far superior in fine tuning, because if you are trying to control bolt cycling speed with buffer weight are you not going to run into problems if you run different ammo than what you tuned it for? Maybe not to an extreme, but would it not make the fire arm much more picky about different loads?
I am asking because I really want peoples thoughts on this, like I said I am on the waiting list for a trigger assembly.

Pirate, another question that I can't seem to find an answer for on the EVAC... does that hider/brake come off and allow you to attach a suppressor? 1/2-28 threads?

Meanwhile, the last batch of triggers from RB finally sold out. It took a lot longer this time. I also noticed that the prices on GB have dropped. Lots selling for less than $100 over the factory price.

Pirate, another question that I can't seem to find an answer for on the EVAC... does that hider/brake come off and allow you to attach a suppressor? 1/2-28 threads?

Meanwhile, the last batch of triggers from RB finally sold out. It took a lot longer this time. I also noticed that the prices on GB have dropped. Lots selling for less than $100 over the factory price.
You'd have to ask a qualified gunsmith about that, it would probably have to be a very customized job to modify those proprietary parts on the detachable barrel without losing the integrity of the setup.

As for Rare Breed, the demand was probably temporarily spooked by the fear mongering about a spring issues most have never encountered and the fact Rare Breed tweaked it ever so slightly, meaning people probably don't want the old stock with the alleged spring issue a minority of users have encountered.

The fact the courts overturned the bump stock ban also gives some confidence the ATF will have a hard time justifying the illegality of these rapid fire triggers, since it is in a sense a bump trigger, and that confidence has likely assuaged some panic buying.

in fact and again correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't a adjustable gas block be far superior in fine tuning, because if you are trying to control bolt cycling speed with buffer weight are you not going to run into problems if you run different ammo than what you tuned it for? Maybe not to an extreme, but would it not make the fire arm much more picky about different loads?
I am asking because I really want peoples thoughts on this, like I said I am on the waiting list for a trigger assembly.
The manufacturer recommends that you only fiddle with the buffer weights, to each their own on how they prefer the gas block to be adjusted.

You'd have to ask a qualified gunsmith about that, it would probably have to be a very customized job to modify those proprietary parts on the detachable barrel without losing the integrity of the setup.

So, if I understand you correctly, the muzzle device on these EVACs is not simply threaded on? That's too bad...don't know why Springfield would do that? Seems to me that most people would be willing to put up with the flash on that short bbl. and have the versatility? I actually have one on order, but may go a different route now that I know this.

So, if I understand you correctly, the muzzle device on these EVACs is not simply threaded on? That's too bad...don't know why Springfield would do that? Seems to me that most people would be willing to put up with the flash on that short bbl. and have the versatility? I actually have one on order, but may go a different route now that I know this.
I'm not qualified to say, but the way the pieces fit within the hand guard and align with a crank once you assemble the barrel, it is rather complicated to take anything off.

It cycles quickly and it breathes fire, it's great.
Okay, Pirate! YOU pushed me over the edge and I bought my first non Colt. Yeah, I'm a purist dinosaur. From my M16s to my M4s...all gotta have a pony.
But the cool factor of a breakdown AR was very tempting. And then YOUR thumbs up with the FRT....too much. LOL

So, can you help me out with the particulars? I spent weeks experimenting with buffers etc. with my 6920. What's the easy method with this one? Remember, I PREFER a slower ROF, if it's possible. But I'll take 100% reliability.
My 6920 is now running exactly how I like it with H3 and standard spring. I do still have the Geiselle spring set up in the package. (May be a great setup but it was harder to get singles with it even with an H3).
Your input would be greatly appreciated!

I don't understand this topic.
There is a vendor providing a cassette style trigger group which has a forced reset trigger. This thread has become less about the trigger and more about tuning with different barrel lengths, buffers and springs vs gas port and orifice for reliable consistent functionality.
Please googe or YouTube rarebreed trigger. Welcome to the forums.

Okay, Pirate! YOU pushed me over the edge and I bought my first non Colt. Yeah, I'm a purist dinosaur. From my M16s to my M4s...all gotta have a pony.
But the cool factor of a breakdown AR was very tempting. And then YOUR thumbs up with the FRT....too much. LOL

So, can you help me out with the particulars? I spent weeks experimenting with buffers etc. with my 6920. What's the easy method with this one? Remember, I PREFER a slower ROF, if it's possible. But I'll take 100% reliability.
My 6920 is now running exactly how I like it with H3 and standard spring. I do still have the Geiselle spring set up in the package. (May be a great setup but it was harder to get singles with it even with an H3).
Your input would be greatly appreciated!
Did you buy the Saint Edge EVAC?

I think it's unavoidable at the very least that you'll replace the H1 with an H3 buffer, can try it with the SA spring.

Pivot to your Geissele spring and see if you like that any better.

Did you buy the Saint Edge EVAC?
Sorry, yes I meant I bought the EVAC just like you. I had been intrigued by it since it came out...but not enough to buy it. The FRT seemed like a good fit and then your video sealed the deal.
I'm guessing it's going to be a handful of fire and noise...hopefully that fancy brake/hider is effective?

First time out with the EVAC. Ran flawlessly with the stock H1 buffer. Tried an H3 and ran flawlessly as well, BUT strangely enough, it was much harder to get singles??? Tried a lot. Dropped an H2 and the same. Put the H1 back in and I was back to getting easy singles? I'm surprised? Here's a video of a 60rd dump with the ATI Schmeisser mag.
I will get to spend plenty of range time tomorrow so I plan on doing a little more experimenting. Plan on trying the Geissele spring as well.

First time out with the EVAC. Ran flawlessly with the stock H1 buffer. Tried an H3 and ran flawlessly as well, BUT strangely enough, it was much harder to get singles??? Tried a lot. Dropped an H2 and the same. Put the H1 back in and I was back to getting easy singles? I'm surprised? Here's a video of a 60rd dump with the ATI Schmeisser mag.
I will get to spend plenty of range time tomorrow so I plan on doing a little more experimenting. Plan on trying the Geissele spring as well.

I found this man's notes interesting but can corroborate none of it as I've had no issues with H3 buffers cycling 223 ammo in a short barrel such as the EVAC.

This is his claim:

"I found in my testing that when using a heavy T3 buffer, 5.56 was the best caliber choice. The H2 buffer works well for the .223 caliber however, .223 doesn't work well with the heavy T3 buffer."

What this really points to, is that beyond broad generalities, comparing notes on the Rare Breed is really only for ideas to try and carries no definitive how to for a prospective user of the trigger. It truly is case by case for the gun the trigger is being installed within.

I’m late to this thread but I have a question. Is this trigger like the binary triggers in that you can select regular semi-auto or is it “on” all the time ?

Seems like something I’d like to try, but I would definitely pay for it with cash.

This is nothing like a binary trigger.
But, more to the point of your question...it has only FIRE and SAFE positions. You do not change out your fire selector.
While it would be nice to have a third position, it doesn't.
Personally, I think there is a certain amount of PR involved. This trigger RESEMBLES a drop in style auto sear. Adding a third position would have made it much easier to demonize to the uneducated masses. Just speculation on my part.
As far as it ever evolving to a three position trigger...I doubt it. It would require a complete redesign as it doesn't even utilize a traditional disconnector. The locking bar acts as both disconnector and out of battery safety.

Seems like something I’d like to try, but I would definitely pay for it with cash.

I totally see your point in trying to be anonymous, but I can assure that paying in cash wouldn't be really necessary. With the large numbers of triggers sold, including a LOT in the secondary market via GB, eBay, gun shows etc..., there's zero chance that ATF is going to come looking for these. A simple ruling and then seizure through attrition. If that happened, you'd be reasonably secure in just keeping it for a "stormy day" scenario. A perfect analogy would be the whole bumpstock fiasco. Think all those stock owners destroyed theirs?

This is nothing like a binary trigger.
But, more to the point of your question...it has only FIRE and SAFE positions. You do not change out your fire selector.
While it would be nice to have a third position, it doesn't.
Personally, I think there is a certain amount of PR involved. This trigger RESEMBLES a drop in style auto sear. Adding a third position would have made it much easier to demonize to the uneducated masses. Just speculation on my part.
As far as it ever evolving to a three position trigger...I doubt it. It would require a complete redesign as it doesn't even utilize a traditional disconnector. The locking bar acts as both disconnector and out of battery safety.
I know it’s not like a binary trigger. I watched their videos.
As for my question about the selector switch: I imagine there’s a learning curve and it can be fired like a SA as long as you take your finger off the trigger after the shot. If you’re running those triggers exclusively it’s probably no big deal, but if you just have it on one gun I could see it possibly being an issue in a high stress situation. Of course I might be overthinking it.

I think it’s kinda ridiculous that we can’t just have “burst” as an option. Which I think I would prefer over full auto or an aftermarket “bump” trigger.

Back