testtest

Keep waiting or get what I can get

I was waiting for a Saint pistol. Preferably an Edge. Checking everywhere I knew every day. In fact I am still waiting for 2 or 3 other guns to pop up. Alas, I couldn't wait and decided to jump on what I hope was a decent 5.56 AR ( rifle). I found a shotgun I want but it's priced pretty high, but they are the only ones with it in stock. A place called Dissident Arms which I've never heard of. I got an email today that PSA had it in stock, but by the time I saw it they were already out of stock. Still looking for a nice, steel, hammered, high capacity HK 9mm. It's been months. Yesterday I very nearly broke down and bought a Lazy Wolf VP9 in Coyote for $1000 off Gunbuyer. I still may say screw it and grab a VP9. They look pretty nice and as much as I really want a P30L, what I really want is a high capacity 9mm, with good iron sights for carrying. VP9 and PPQ both fit the bill.

It's that time again when I'm better stocked than the local firearms dealers. Not that I need anything, but wants will have to wait. One of the local Mom & Pop shops still has a fair selection of pistols, but no ammo ( they have a few boxes of 357 Sig). I have been looking for a SA 1911 in 9mm, to no avail. I found an American Tactical from the Phillipines in 9mm for around $500. I just don't need to spend the money that bad.

Regards,
Bill

I was waiting for a Saint pistol. Preferably an Edge. Checking everywhere I knew every day. In fact I am still waiting for 2 or 3 other guns to pop up. Alas, I couldn't wait and decided to jump on what I hope was a decent 5.56 AR ( rifle). I found a shotgun I want but it's priced pretty high, but they are the only ones with it in stock. A place called Dissident Arms which I've never heard of. I got an email today that PSA had it in stock, but by the time I saw it they were already out of stock. Still looking for a nice, steel, hammered, high capacity HK 9mm. It's been months. Yesterday I very nearly broke down and bought a Lazy Wolf VP9 in Coyote for $1000 off Gunbuyer. I still may say screw it and grab a VP9. They look pretty nice and as much as I really want a P30L, what I really want is a high capacity 9mm, with good iron sights for carrying. VP9 and PPQ both fit the bill.
The VP9 is a nice gun. I usually stick to hammer H&K's but decided to give the VP9 a try mainly because it was ready for an optic should I want one someday. A very accurate gun with a better than usual H&K trigger. I am not picking on H&K triggers they are my favorite guns but leave something to be desired. I had to settle for the 10 round VP9 and order extra 17 round mags from H&K.

The VP9 is a nice gun. I usually stick to hammer H&K's but decided to give the VP9 a try mainly because it was ready for an optic should I want one someday. A very accurate gun with a better than usual H&K trigger. I am not picking on H&K triggers they are my favorite guns but leave something to be desired. I had to settle for the 10 round VP9 and order extra 17 round mags from H&K.
Yeah I may grab one of the brand new ones.

The VP9 is a very nice pistol.

Just searched for P30L and found this thread. Things getting crazy everywhere. I went into my shop yesterday for either a Springfield XDM Elite or considering shelling out a few extra $$ for an FN 509 because I knew they had one in blue label. Wanted a full size high cap 9 mm, but the only 509 they have is the MRD midsize. Still not a bad deal. Ended up doing the paperwork for a HK P30L and supposed to go pick it up today. Talk about extra $$. I wasn't even considering an HK but I think I was hypnotized by the guy showing me around (HK guy). Now that I've slept on it I wonder if I should still go with it. It's the DA/SA variant with no safety (which I like), but also the stupid version that only comes with 10 rd mags. So that's more $$
I've only owned SA XDMs and Glocks.

Just searched for P30L and found this thread. Things getting crazy everywhere. I went into my shop yesterday for either a Springfield XDM Elite or considering shelling out a few extra $$ for an FN 509 because I knew they had one in blue label. Wanted a full size high cap 9 mm, but the only 509 they have is the MRD midsize. Still not a bad deal. Ended up doing the paperwork for a HK P30L and supposed to go pick it up today. Talk about extra $$. I wasn't even considering an HK but I think I was hypnotized by the guy showing me around (HK guy). Now that I've slept on it I wonder if I should still go with it. It's the DA/SA variant with no safety (which I like), but also the stupid version that only comes with 10 rd mags. So that's more $$
I've only owned SA XDMs and Glocks.

The P30L is a fantastic pistol. I, personally love the DA/SA (M9) and the FNX although it has a deco led witch I like. The 10 round mags kinda defeats the purpose of your search for a high capacity pistol with the things the way they are in your search for hi-cap mags. I personally don’t like a safety, like yourself and in place prefer the de-cocker. In all I think you’ll be pleased.

The ones with 10rd mags are just the version for sale in states with capacity limits. The pistol is the same, just different mags.
I'm actually in a state that allows them. My shop just only happens to have the V3 with the cap limit mags. I already ordered hi cap extended mags online. Still thinking about that FN though for the price. Hard to find accessories for HK I realized too...but... The john wick factor lol

I'm actually in a state that allows them. My shop just only happens to have the V3 with the cap limit mags. I already ordered hi cap extended mags online. Still thinking about that FN though for the price. Hard to find accessories for HK I realized too...but... The john wick factor lol

Harder to find accessories for the FN...

The nice thing is that you can get the new 17rd flush mags that the VP9 uses (P30 & VP9 use the same mags).

That said, the FNX is a good pistol; I’ve had a few...but the P30/USP is better, imho.

Back