testtest

Keep waiting or get what I can get

As others have said and I did, order the 10 round H&K and simply get some 17 rounders on line. You can always use them at the range if you don't want them for carry. H&K has them in stock usually as does Grab A Gun.
I got it. They said they have blue label FN 509 Tacticals on order and they only 2 HKs so... And I know there are HK import issues. I like how you said "simply get some 17 rounders" like they're not an insane $50 per mag. That being said, I ordered a couple 20 rounders for more :rolleyes:.

I guess you could say, instead of waiting for a fullsize, optics ready XDM Elite , or even the 509 Tactical, I got what I could get (went from $ to $$$ though) but I don't think many would call my choice "settling" :unsure:.

I think many of us are having the same issue with what we want being either unavailable or going for more than we are willing to pay. I wish I had the answer. I recently passed on a few guns, only to see them sell out at what I though was an insane price, and then be listed at an even higher price the next week. I'm hoping things get back to normal after November, but I'm not nearly as confident as I have been in the past. What I have wound up doing the past few months is pay the premium if it is an item that I really want. If it is just an item that I am curious about, or one that I would just like to have, I'm exercising patience and hoping the market returns to pre-pandemic prices.

One way to look at it is once or if the rioting and looting stops depending on who wins the election tons of first time gun buyers may decide they no longer need the guns they bought and will put them up for sale. As for ammo well the copper mines in Chile are still closed which does not help and many of the manufacturers are taking care of their military contracts before selling retail. My range, who is basically a good guy, is charging $45 for 9mm ammo if you have to buy it from him.

I think many of us are having the same issue with what we want being either unavailable or going for more than we are willing to pay. I wish I had the answer. I recently passed on a few guns, only to see them sell out at what I though was an insane price, and then be listed at an even higher price the next week. I'm hoping things get back to normal after November, but I'm not nearly as confident as I have been in the past. What I have wound up doing the past few months is pay the premium if it is an item that I really want. If it is just an item that I am curious about, or one that I would just like to have, I'm exercising patience and hoping the market returns to pre-pandemic prices.
I'm in a unique situation where I just decided I needed a new gun after not even looking at them for 10 years or so. Was completely oblivious to the whole panic-buying state America was in. When I went to the court to renew my CHP, there was a line of first time applicants.

So, worst time for me to decide to get back in. After realizing what was happening in the country, definitely influenced my decision to go for something like the P30L, knowing that glocks and XDs will still be relatively available should I want one. But imports like HKs...

Speaking of ammo, that's a whole nother story. I got nothing. I'm checking sites every day like a routine even tho I got email notifications set up.

I'm pretty much set as far as what I have vs what I want...there’s a few really rarified pieces out there (P9S Sport .45, or a P7K3, for example) that I’d like, but...they’re pretty immune to market fluctuations.

I have been moving a few pieces, mainly putting them out for trade....but I’m pretty firm in what I will take.

This is a seller's market, after all...

I walked through a gun show a couple weekends ago, just to see what was happening. Plenty of handguns for sale, mainly dealers, and the prices were quite inflated. And folks were buying. Waiting chairs set up for BG checks to get done. As I browsed one table, I noticed a Colt Gold Cup Series 70, new, for $1800. Next to it was a Colt "Mil-Spec" 1911, new, for the same price. What little ammunition was there was also inflated. $400 for 200 rounds of LC 7.62x51. Really nothing else but some 12 Ga shotgun ammo. That show only cost me $3 admission, and not a penny more was spent. I went to the local Mom & Pop and bought a couple more mags for my 1911's.

Regards,
Bill

Back