testtest

Kimber and Springfield 1911s…

No, my expectations aren’t too high. You can substitute blued for parkerized, bead blast for polished and even expect play and grittiness in the action but if it doesn’t run, you successfully created a $900 chunk of scrap metal. All the perceived “tolerances” in the world amount to diddly squat if it doesn’t.
That's all aesthetic. Will the gun run 500-1000 rounds consecutively with no failures and does it shoot straight and consistently, that's the deal right there.

That's all aesthetic. Will the gun run 500-1000 rounds consecutively with no failures and does it shoot straight and consistently, that's the deal right there.
No argument there. What I was getting at is if you as a manufacturer need to cut corners to make a price point, you do it in areas that won’t get someone killed. Mass production of unreliable guns is just plain stupid.

They achieved nothing by doing that. They are now paying shipping both ways and paying someone to figure out what’s wrong with them and fix it. I have two MetroArms that have been through a couple thousand without so much as a FTE and they cost me $600. My S&W has the most play in it of any 1911 I’ve ever owned but it runs reliably. My brother has had 1 Loaded, 6 RIAs a Citadel and a Ruger. I have yet to experience a malfunction on my range.

I buy ANY gun, I expect it to run reliable. There’s no caveat to that. I have had many $600-$800 1911s that have never had issues, some that cleared up in the first 5 mags. What we are seeing here is neither typical or acceptable.
Since buying my first handgun and purchasing rifles I’ve been very fortunate that every Springfield gun I’ve bought over the years has run flawlessly from round one, I will admit that I believe you get what you pay for.
The two 1911’s I’ve purchased were both Springfield’s and 45ACP
The Range Officer was $750.00 (sold)
My current and only 1911 is the Emissary, MSRP $1,350.00 that is a gun that will go to one of my boys when I’m gone.

Since buying my first handgun and purchasing rifles I’ve been very fortunate that every Springfield gun I’ve bought over the years has run flawlessly from round one, I will admit that I believe you get what you pay for.
The two 1911’s I’ve purchased were both Springfield’s and 45ACP
The Range Officer was $750.00 (sold)
My current and only 1911 is the Emissary, MSRP $1,350.00 that is a gun that will go to one of my boys when I’m gone.
According to my spreadsheet, I’ve had 70 handguns that I’ve purchased in 3 years. I can count on one hand how many of those were unreliable (before these).

My Police Dept. has been carrying Glocks for roughly 30 years now. Since I'm one of the Instructors I can only recall 2 of them having to be sent back to Glock for repairs us armorers couldn't fix. We have 48 Officers. Other than wear and tear the only thing we go through a lot of are recoil springs. I have a decent collection so to speak from several different manufacturers and the only ones I privately had to send back were a Wilson Combat CQB and my Sa-35 which is currently on its second trip back. It should have been fixed right the first time. I understand man made and sometimes items make it through quality control that shouldn't but the thing that gets me is the fact of when they initially had my sa-35 the first go round I had called and explained my concerns and they responded they still had the gun at the shop and they would take care of but they did not. Wilson Combat made good on their part for my return and then some. Springfield ? I'll accept it for now and see if the problem is fixed when she comes back again.

My Police Dept. has been carrying Glocks for roughly 30 years now. Since I'm one of the Instructors I can only recall 2 of them having to be sent back to Glock for repairs us armorers couldn't fix. We have 48 Officers. Other than wear and tear the only thing we go through a lot of are recoil springs. I have a decent collection so to speak from several different manufacturers and the only ones I privately had to send back were a Wilson Combat CQB and my Sa-35 which is currently on its second trip back. It should have been fixed right the first time. I understand man made and sometimes items make it through quality control that shouldn't but the thing that gets me is the fact of when they initially had my sa-35 the first go round I had called and explained my concerns and they responded they still had the gun at the shop and they would take care of but they did not. Wilson Combat made good on their part for my return and then some. Springfield ? I'll accept it for now and see if the problem is fixed when she comes back again.
Like I always have said Glock Perfection,
I have owned many Glocks over the years and I never had any issues with any, nor did I have to return any, plus all have been very reliable, ok….now the Glock haters can jump on me now…. I have broad shoulders…..
50DAE535-85D4-4BB5-9245-22227EFCC485.gif

Last edited:
Ho
I know what I think. That just like the majority of non custom 1911s in history, these low-mid level 1911s very often need some work to make them reliable and accurate. It used to be that buying a $700 1911 and expecting it to run perfectly was like pissing up a rope. I think now the dollar amount is just higher.

Bottom line, if you want a 1911 that’s going to REALLY perform flawlessly you’re looking at the wrong ones.
I don't know much about the 1911 platform other than the History and that I really enjoy shooting my Kimber "When its functioning properly!" I put another 25 rounds through it today flawlessly and accurately. 👍 I just hope it makes it to the 500 mark without another malfunction! Then I'll be satisfied. 😉 We're up to 175 now. I'll clean it at 200 or 250.

Whats your opinion on Les Baer's 1911's?

Ho

I don't know much about the 1911 platform other than the History and that I really enjoy shooting my Kimber "When its functioning properly!" I put another 25 rounds through it today flawlessly and accurately. 👍 I just hope it makes it to the 500 mark without another malfunction! Then I'll be satisfied. 😉 We're up to 175 now. I'll clean it at 200 or 250.

Never shot a Les. Don’t know anyone that has one. Everyone I know pretty much shoots on my range, I get to try out a lot of stuff I don’t have. Just haven’t run into one yet. At the price point, it’s one of those I’d have to touch first.

Like I always have said Glock Perfection,
I have owned many Glocks over the years and I never had any issues with any, nor did I have to return any, plus all have been very reliable, ok….now the Glock haters can jump on me now…. I have broad shoulders…..
View attachment 27632
Nothing wrong with confidence in a brand. I try not to pick on Glock guys too much. I think they already have it hard enough walking with that limp 😂.

Very nice! 👍 Lol. That's plenty of range! Can you "send it" that distance?
I’ve only been out to 800. I bought a 300 PRC RPR and a Strike Eagle 5-25x56 with the intent on doing so, I just never have the time to spend with it. Shot a total of 40rds thru it. In fact I just put it up for sale a few hours ago. Between the horses, the 6 dogs, the 3 kids, full-time job and upkeep on the ranch, I don’t have the time. Hell, I haven’t shot a review video since I moved the channel out to Rumble. That was 2 years ago.

Ho

My buddy has one. He also has a Dan Wesson. Both are great guns. Neither are cheap.

Back