testtest

Let's see your AR setups...

You will love shooting that gun as I do mine. My only disappointment is it will not cycle sub sonic. I understand it will with a suppresser but that’s not for me.
I call it my fun gun and it truly is.
wow, it won’t cycle sub sonic? That’s the ammo I have.

Attachments

• 44DC0E85-5F65-452F-9B6A-0865C16B1AA4.jpeg
    44DC0E85-5F65-452F-9B6A-0865C16B1AA4.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 287
I have a bunch myself. From what I’ve learned which is understandable is the heavier round travels down the barrel slower which you can tell by the sound and recoil and doesn’t provide enough gas pressure to cycle the bolt. It will shoot but not reload. It loves everything except 190 grain and above. The suppresser will help increase gas pressure to cycle the heavier grain round. For me this overall is a great gun to shoot. I’ll post a picture sometime today to show my setup more clearly.

Thanks. I just got my Saint 300 blackout and got the Vortex Sparc 2 and was trying to figure out a light to get.

....trying to figure out a light to get.

^ Budget?

Also, purpose of gun?

Finally, anything specific that may cause constraints in terms of hardware selection: i.e. will you be running a handguard mounted laser? do you have a strong preference for a tape switch versus or do you absolutely want direct tailcap, etc.....

^ Budget?

Also, purpose of gun?

Finally, anything specific that may cause constraints in terms of hardware selection: i.e. will you be running a handguard mounted laser? do you have a strong preference for a tape switch versus or do you absolutely want direct tailcap, etc.....
Not a fan of lasers and I like the larger touch pad instead of try to make sure I hit the button on a end cap switch.

^ Budget?

Also, purpose of gun?

Budget I would say maybe up to $250. The purpose for the ar pistol is home defense. I have the Vortex Sparc red dot and that’s it so far.

That's a generous budget. You'll have more than enough light to play with. :)

The Streamlight RailMount 1, 2, or HL-X is the baseline I'd recommend, and each are also the budget picks. However, with each of these, I'd *highly* recommend that you make the extra spend for the Arisaka Defense Tailcap Adapter (there's two models, one for the Railmount 1 and 2, and a separate one for the HL-X), as it will most likely completely address the main weak-point with the Streamlight system (tailcap electrical contact).

A step up would be the Arisaka (yes, that same company!) 300- or 600-series, each of which utilizes the very under-appreciated Malkoff Devices LED drop-ins and VME head assemblies.

Stretch?

I'd hop on to Big Tex Outdoor (a very trustworthy retailer - just check out their raves in the P&S crowd...and yes, I've been a happy and loyal repeat customer of theirs since 2017, if not 2016) and pick up either the 18350 or 18650 Modlite PLH "Blems" -

These packages are excellent values, and will have you rolling with one of the most highly regarded rechargeable "all-purpose" WMLs on the market today (their OKW is more of a distance thrower for outdoors use: while still definitely usable indoors, the beam-pattern of the PLH is more well-suited for an "all rounder"). Add a McClicky (super highly regarded) tail-cap for an extra $20, if you like direct-switching, and you're all set for the light.

^ Now, the ModLite package will be both a slight financial stretch due to the tailcap consideration as well as the need for an appropriate mount (here, I'll again recommend Arisaka's products) - if you want a remote tape-switch, it's gonna cost you even more.

On the Big Tex website there is also a "demo" Surefire M600U Scout that's still available:

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/prod...600u-1000-lumen-led-weapon-light-z68-tailcap/ , whose $215 price includes a nice ADM Q/D Picatinny mount.

While the M600U doesn't have the raw power of the DF, it's still far from weak (if you want more throw [i.e. higher candela], look to the previous-generation Scouts instead - look to buy on the secondary market, which should have excellent pricing as guys unload their old stuff to upgrade to Malkoff/Arisaka, Modlite and the Cloud Defensive OWL), and bypasses what is perhaps the sole weakness of the DF: that very "dual-fule" setup.

---

If you want something with a remote tape-switch (often just called "tape"), while the Streamlight items will come with, you'll have to add that as well as the appropriate tailcap for any of the Surefire based lights, including the Arisaka (you can make selections for that within the product's selection drop-downs - note that with the Arisaka lights, you can still meet the upper limit of your budget even with some of the tape options).

If you still have a few dollars to spare, the Cloud Defensive LCS (https://clouddefensive.com/product-category/lcs/) can really help with tape mounting and cord routing.

^ I'd get the Arisaka tailcap adapter and run a Surefire tail on it, just to take the possibility of tail-cap based failures out of the equation. To-date, I think that's really the only major failing point of the Streamlights.

Back