testtest

New Saint Edge PDW owner - Blast Diverter question

People I told you, there is no magic to this. Righty tighty lefty loosey. 3/8 extension in the front, use a short extension so the extension does not twist Under the torque. The PDW uses the same 1/2 28 threads any milspec barre has. Propane torch to heat the inner part of the break if needed. The Inner part is what actually screws onto the barrel. The inner part pushes the outer part into the shoulder of the barrel. You would use the same exact techniques one the hate break that you would use on a stubborn barrel nut.

Also Maxim warns against suppressor use on the PDX, the PDX and PDW use the same technology.
Will be calling to send to springfield today then. I am in absolute agreement with you. I have disassembled many, many guns. Have never run into this and giving SPA the benefit of the doubt. But at this point, sounds like something happend to my pdw in manufacturing that is not allowing the hate brake to be removed.

FYI - Maxim did get back to me and mentioned ONLY using a reaction rod and a 3/8 socket wrench. No tricks.

Suppressing MDX - They actually do support and warranty ONE suppressor. The QD Helios.

I would agree that if you’re having these kind of problems with local Smiths you should send it back to Springfield for disassembly before trying any further. No mfg process is ever perfect and the occasional problem gets into the wild. A cross thread is what comes to my mind also.
Regardless, put the onus on them to remove it and if they break it, they replace it.

I saw you mentioned the valley, are you in Ohio? I ask because I know an ogre smith in that area, Jeremy. Although, 260# is light for him.
Negative, the other, other valley. lol Las Vegas.

3rd call with springfield armory, new lady this time. Not very understanding of the issue. Keep making excuses that they dont ship out non assemled guns. I asked how you do warranty work then? I only need to send the upper to you.

Silence...

ON hold now again...

FYI

I had a long talk with one of the guys at (Jason) MAXIM defense today about the hate brake. He has said he saw a few brakes on there pretty good that took a breaker bar to get them loose but was in agreement with me, if it is stuck on there that hard, send it to SA and have them do it.

I also asked about the maintenance of the hate brake because of the ports and carbon build up. He said he has shot some 300,000 rounds out of their test PDX and have never had to clean it.

Good to know.

FYI

I had a long talk with one of the guys at (Jason) MAXIM defense today about the hate brake. He has said he saw a few brakes on there pretty good that took a breaker bar to get them loose but was in agreement with me, if it is stuck on there that hard, send it to SA and have them do it.

I also asked about the maintenance of the hate brake because of the ports and carbon build up. He said he has shot some 300,000 rounds out of their test PDX and have never had to clean it.

Good to know.
Great info, thanks!!!

Two thumbs up!
Excellent video, to the point and why in particular situation. Never use any more force/pressure than needed. Likely wouldn't use impact wrench on brake because it's use may transfer force elsewhere if someone got carried away with it? But, it may help if applied lightly?

Like your shop background too! Very homey! Little things help. Bench vice handle dampers make a difference on bench vises clanging. - Can use cheap hose bib washers on many vice handles. Iron pipe and fittings do make great shelf brackets too!

Well, that was anti-climactic.

Gun was sent back with "Sorry for the inconvenience" on the RMA note. lol.

No complaints. Hate brake is off and I can begin the fun =D

Thank you everyone on this topic that replied. I appreciate it. I owe ya all some beers if ya come to vegas.

Well, that was anti-climactic.

Gun was sent back with "Sorry for the inconvenience" on the RMA note. lol.

No complaints. Hate brake is off and I can begin the fun =D

Thank you everyone on this topic that replied. I appreciate it. I owe ya all some beers if ya come to vegas.
Glad you got your gun back!! No indication of what they did, huh? Kind of weird, but at least you’re good to go.

Yup, the note from the smith just says "Sorry for the inconvenience". lol. I feel like maybe the hulk was working the bench the day my gun was assembled.
Now you upset xdman and you know what happens next.......XDEMON.....not really! A good xdman on any day!

Back