testtest

New Saint Edge Pistol Owner Has Question

I've got a Sig Vtac AR I bought a couple years ago and it's a great rifle! The only thing I changed on it was the charging handle that I replaced with a Radian Raptor SD. I have the latest version they made where they took the sword off the receiver and put it on the handguard.
The custom Geissele it has makes it a fun gun to mag dump.

Interesting, first I've heard of a component shortage causing design alterations.
I currently have the PDW and the 10.3 inch Edge Pistols. It is my understanding the both of these pistols were initially equipped with BUIS. In my case only the 10.3 had BUIS's installed, the PDW did not. The trigger assemblies apparently have also been modified. I had read that the omission of the BUIS was a supply related issue, not sure about the rationale behing the trigger assembly variation.

I currently have the PDW and the 10.3 inch Edge Pistols. It is my understanding the both of these pistols were initially equipped with BUIS. In my case only the 10.3 had BUIS's installed, the PDW did not. The trigger assemblies apparently have also been modified. I had read that the omission of the BUIS was a supply related issue, not sure about the rationale behing the trigger assembly variation.

What is offered or not offered with packages change all the time. At one time all SAINT's came with a hard locking case, now they don't. The XD's once were offered with a Holster Mag Pouch and mag loader. Now they don't. Things change, and packages change.

I recently purchased a Springfield Saint Victor pistol and was very impressed with the fit and finish. Here is my only rub, you can only move the selector to the safe position only after the gun has been charged. In ever other AR15 I have ever owned allowed to to move the selector to safe regardless whether the gun is charged or not. I have been told the reason for this is because the Saint Victor pistol has a milspec trigger and a 45degree selector. I have also been told the edge uses a standard 90 degree selector can can be put safe regardless of the charge condition. Can anyone confirm this? If so perhaps I can dump the milspec for a Rise 140 and put this one to bed.

^ In the mil-spec format, if the has fallen, the safety will not move. The safety selector should only move when the hammer has been cocked. This thread describes it well:

and CalGuns Forum member "Cokebottle" describes the functionality of the FCG in his post (below) in this old CalGuns thread:

Last edited:
^ In the mil-spec format, if the has fallen, the safety will not move. The safety selector should only move when the hammer has been cocked. This thread describes it well:

and CalGuns Forum member "Cokebottle" describes the functionality of the FCG in his post (below) in this old CalGuns thread:

so, now the next question, If I dump the milspec trigger with lets say a rise 140 or some other cassette drop in trigger will this then allow me to operate the selector to the safe position regardless of the hammer condition?

so, now the next question, If I dump the milspec trigger with lets say a rise 140 or some other cassette drop in trigger will this then allow me to operate the selector to the safe position regardless of the hammer condition?
No I use Rise triggers in a few builds and the AR safety selector only works when the hammer is held in the firing position no matter a 45 or 90 degree selector.

I haven't seen an AR yet that allows the safety to flip without charging the firearm.

You can always charge the unloaded AR, drop the bolt then insert the loaded mag if that's what you are looking for.

thx for the reply 10mm, that helps, first I don't like to keep any weapon in a charged and no safety on. I would have sworn an old AR-15 cheap knockoff I once had allowed the operation I described.

The Saint victor pistol is a somewhat heavy and when operating it like a pistol and steady the gun while grasping the pistol handle grabbing and pulling the charge handle is fun (one's finger want to find its way into the trigger area to steady the gun during this process as it wants to rock front to rear). I would have thought having the selector in the safe position then pulling the charge handle would be much better an less chance for a accidental discharge. (and yes I know your finger should be no where near the trigger).
I thought it was an issues strictly related to the milspec trigger but I guess thats not the case. I wonder if anyone has an aftermarket solution to this problem.

thx for the reply 10mm, that helps, first I don't like to keep any weapon in a charged and no safety on. I would have sworn an old AR-15 cheap knockoff I once had allowed the operation I described.

The Saint victor pistol is a somewhat heavy and when operating it like a pistol and steady the gun while grasping the pistol handle grabbing and pulling the charge handle is fun (one's finger want to find its way into the trigger area to steady the gun during this process as it wants to rock front to rear). I would have thought having the selector in the safe position then pulling the charge handle would be much better an less chance for a accidental discharge. (and yes I know your finger should be no where near the trigger).
I thought it was an issues strictly related to the milspec trigger but I guess thats not the case. I wonder if anyone has an aftermarket solution to this problem.
An ambidextrous charging handle may make charging the firearm easier. The Radian Raptor can be had with extended handles and you only need to grab one side of the handle to charge it.

The manual-of-arms for the AR has been pretty standardized now for quite some time....proper manipulations should not have a shooter of reasonable stature and physical strength/articulation risking his/her trigger-finger entering the trigger guard, even with 16-inch barrel ARs with heavier full Picatinny rails (or monolithic), a suppressor, and/or the use of a full-profile barrel, all of which can be significantly muzzle-heavy in balance.

Typically, cycling of the charging handle as a part of administrative loading of the weapon should be performed closer to one's body, within that "bubble of physical power"/"in one's workspace." Alternatively, one can first "park" or "put the gun 'in-neutral'" by locking the bolt carrier back on an empty chamber, and accomplish that initial administrative loading via the bolt release. Both are commonly accepted modern manipulations methods, and the latter will allow you to achieve loading while the safety is mechanically engaged.

Similarly, working stoppage clearances -which can potentially necessitate significant forces be applied to the charging handle- typically has the shooter positioning the weapon within that same "workspace/bubble."

Are you able to take a video of how you're currently accomplishing cycling of the charging handle? It's possible that a small change in the overall physics and/or hand placement can help with your concern. :)

I have the older version with the black trigger and I tried to change the trigger shoe to a flat one. It's a drop in trigger that Springfield supplies and not a Milspec

Back