testtest

Off To The Doctor Today

Let me rephrase this, I was then strapped down……😬
woo-ah....

man..you're setting me up for a yellin' by the mods/admins, internet Gods.......and the stay puff marshmallow man........

1657291569298.png

As I was being prepared for surgery to have bone spurs removed from my right shoulder the anesthesiologist came in the waiting area carrying a tray that had a syringe with a really really long needle. I asked him what he was going to do, and he replied that he was going to give me a nerve block shot. I told him he wasn't going to stick that needle in me while I was awake. He said fine, nodded to the nurse who had just hooked me up to an IV, and when I came to a minute or so later the deed was done and he was leaving the room. If he had insisted doing that procedure while I was awake they would have had to strap/tie me down as well!

As I was being prepared for surgery to have bone spurs removed from my right shoulder the anesthesiologist came in the waiting area carrying a tray that had a syringe with a really really long needle. I asked him what he was going to do, and he replied that he was going to give me a nerve block shot. I told him he wasn't going to stick that needle in me while I was awake. He said fine, nodded to the nurse who had just hooked me up to an IV, and when I came to a minute or so later the deed was done and he was leaving the room. If he had insisted doing that procedure while I was awake they would have had to strap/tie me down as well!
When they did my nerve block they did the same thing without me asking, it was done in my room and I remember going out briefly and when I woke up he was gone. The next time I saw him was in the operating room and my left arm was completely dead, the next thing I remember was waking up in recovery.

Back when I had my wrist surgery to reattach a ligament and repair 2 torn tendons in the 2007, as the surgeon was drilling a place to put a pin in, I woke up and smelled bone burning, looked at him and asked WTF are you doing to my wrist, needless to say, a few seconds later a mask was put on me and I was out again, plus I was tied down.
Same here when I had a full upper dental implant (motorcycle accident). Woke up, wasn’t feeling it much but I chuckled at a joke the doc made and he’s like “You’re not supposed to be awake. Have some more happy juice”. Woke up post op. 😅

Same here when I had a full upper dental implant (motorcycle accident). Woke up, wasn’t feeling it much but I chuckled at a joke the doc made and he’s like “You’re not supposed to be awake. Have some more happy juice”. Woke up post op. 😅
Although Saturday was a good day with limited pain and mild overall discomfort however last night was not a good night, the pain in my shoulder was intense and on top of that I was woken up at around 2am with a left leg cramp in my calf. Luckily my arm was in the sling as I bolted out of the recliner screaming in pain.
I do find myself pushing to do more than I should to quickly so I need to remind myself to slow down to heal.

Although Saturday was a good day with limited pain and mild overall discomfort however last night was not a good night, the pain in my shoulder was intense and on top of that I was woken up at around 2am with a left leg cramp in my calf. Luckily my arm was in the sling as I bolted out of the recliner screaming in pain.
I do find myself pushing to do more than I should to quickly so I need to remind myself to slow down to heal.
be careful of those leg cramps, no matter what part of the leg they pop up.

i get them nearly every night while in bed, yet, in the recliner...nuffin...

one time i had to get to the bathroom, and my leg was so cramped up, it was either fall down, or.......you don't need to know what....outcome there was going to be.......

walking is not easy with those leg cramps for sure.

unfortunately, they never seem to happen, when you haven't any "emergency" run to the bathroom.

Slow down! Shoulders are finicky and rest and time are needed. You don’t want to undo what the doc did. Get better soon!

Back