testtest

Pet Peeves

•Smacking while eating.
•When someone prefaces a statement or sentence with, “ To be honest with you…”
I’m thinking, “Yeah, that’s the kind of the basic expectation.”
I almost can't tolerate it anytime I can hear anyone eat period. Even with their mouths closed and eating normally. If it's chips or something crunchy or cereal or something slurpy I can be pushed easily over the edge. It's actually a condition. Or at least there is a name for it, which I forget now, but I definitely have it.

As for " To be honest with you", I think it isn't meant to imply that a person is being uncharacteristically honest, rather I think it implies that the person is going to say something they normally wouldn't admit or that they think you may not know about them.

I almost can't tolerate it anytime I can hear anyone eat period. Even with their mouths closed and eating normally. If it's chips or something crunchy or cereal or something slurpy I can be pushed easily over the edge. It's actually a condition. Or at least there is a name for it, which I forget now, but I definitely have it.

As for " To be honest with you", I think it isn't meant to imply that a person is being uncharacteristically honest, rather I think it implies that the person is going to say something they normally wouldn't admit or that they think you may not know about them.
I never knew it was an actual condition and chalked most of what annoys me to the fact that people in general annoy me. Lol
😎
My father in law could make smacking noises chewing on jawbreakers. Hard to believe I can actually hear him over the mother in laws constant yammering.

People who don't use cruise control on the expressway in light traffic. I drive 300-500 miles a day, much on expressways, and having to re-pass some cellphone moron 3 times in 10 miles drives me ape-:poop:-crazy. I don't care how well you think you can hold your speed....if you're not on cruise, you can't. I know, I have anger issues....

Without starting a disrespectful comment fight, may I ask why MISTAKENLY calling magazines “clips” sparks multiple people to not only correct someone but all out attack? I understand constructively correcting someone but to shame that person and make him/her feel inferior or stupid seems a bit much to me. I ask because I know new gun owners have been excited to join forums to learn and grow and mistakenly say clip and get attacked so badly they shutdown. Ok…attack away
:joy:

Without starting a disrespectful comment fight, may I ask why MISTAKENLY calling magazines “clips” sparks multiple people to not only correct someone but all out attack? I understand constructively correcting someone but to shame that person and make him/her feel inferior or stupid seems a bit much to me. I ask because I know new gun owners have been excited to join forums to learn and grow and mistakenly say clip and get attacked so badly they shutdown. Ok…attack away
If you read your manual on a new gun, which one should being new to firearms, there is never mention of the parts of the gun as a “clip”.
A very good exception would be an M1 Garand, among a few select others.
So no, it is not a clip..
Your manual says so
“Magazine”

It's because when you call it a clip you're trying to sound cool, as it is derived from TV/movie slang and rather than sounding cool it just makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about because there is a such thing as clips and they are NOT magazines.

It is a gun faux pas. Like calling a cartridge a bullet.

It's because when you call it a clip you're trying to sound cool, as it is derived from TV/movie slang and rather than sounding cool it just makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about because there is a such thing as clips and they are NOT magazines.
I don't think that when most of the people that use clip instead of magazine is to look or sound cool. Like you mentioned most people that use clip get it from TV or movies as this is where they hear most about firearm terms.

Experience usually corrects these faults in most people unless they are intentionally being ignorant.

I don't think that when most of the people that use clip instead of magazine is to look or sound cool. Like you mentioned most people that use clip get it from TV or movies as this is where they hear most about firearm terms.

Experience usually corrects these faults in most people unless they are intentionally being ignorant.
“Went to the pad to get the clip, with the Mac-10 on the side of my hip” - Eazy E

It really don't bother me people call them clips, my neighbor is 74 and bought his first AR about 4 years ago and he calls the mag clips. he sure ain't ain't tryin to be cool. now he was in the service and they shot the Garand so the term clips just comes natural i guess.

I usually don't correct anyone if i hear them say it, especially someone i don't know. now if i know them i might say something politely. i have told me neighbor but at his age he ain't changin and i ain't tryin to change him.

who the heck is easy e.? lol must be a rapper, they say some stupid **** anyway. if he has a fully loaded Mac10 on his hip it was pulling his pants down farther than his knees where they wear them mostly anyway. a 30 round 45 auto mac 10 clip thingy and gun is too heavy to put on the hip. but it's cool to say it is.

Now a guys pants down to his knees and underwear showing or bare butt is highly offensive to me.

It really don't bother me people call them clips, my neighbor is 74 and bought his first AR about 4 years ago and he calls the mag clips. he sure ain't ain't tryin to be cool. now he was in the service and they shot the Garand so the term clips just comes natural i guess.

I usually don't correct anyone if i hear them say it, especially someone i don't know. now if i know them i might say something politely. i have told me neighbor but at his age he ain't changin and i ain't tryin to change him.

who the heck is easy e.? lol must be a rapper, they say some stupid **** anyway. if he has a fully loaded Mac10 on his hip it was pulling his pants down farther than his knees where they wear them mostly anyway. a 30 round 45 auto mac 10 clip thingy and gun is too heavy to put on the hip. but it's cool to say it is.

Now a guys pants down to his knees and underwear showing or bare butt is highly offensive to me.
Speaking from experience of a street cop from years ago, those baggy saggy britches that they have to hold up when running makes them easier to catch. Bit they can hide all kinds of things in those baggy clothes that slows them down even more, like a 12 pack or 15 lbs of pork chops, or a Hi-Point.

I do not know why some feel they have to correct folks in this manner. I am no longer in the military, so I am not required to correct someone for using an incorrect term. I describe a clip as something that holds rounds together, where as a magazine (e.g., box or drum) holds rounds inside.

Ok, another peeve here, when you have a revolver that shoots pistol rounds and they include the moon clips, but if you read more in the manual it will state you DON’T have to use them! If you don’t have to use them, then why give them to you, if you ever tried to remove the fired cases from a clip, you know what I’m talking about, now my S&W 610, the clips have a small split on the end to make it somewhat easier, but on my 625, the ends are solid and a real b***h unless you have a de-Mooney tool, which 90% of the time I leave on my bench and forget to take it with me.
Get two small dowels; one that fits through the clip, the other that fits inside the case, and just keep them in your range bag.

Back