testtest

Possible Wounded Bear

Just joshin’ ya.
Nj has more and more black bear encounters each year. Partially due to opposition to a bear season and partly due to people moving further west into the more rural areas. yes, we have natural areas here. Some of which are quite beautiful.
I live in NH and black bear are everywhere here and nobody has been killed by a black bear in NH since 1784. I don't fear black bear encounters here but I still protect myself with a 10mm at my side while in the woods.

I live in NH and black bear are everywhere here and nobody has been killed by a black bear in NH since 1784. I don't fear black bear encounters here but I still protect myself with a 10mm at my side while in the woods.
Two or 3 years ago a college student was mauled to death by a black bear in a park close to a fairly populated area. People were shocked.
If i lived up in your neck of the woods i’d definitely carry my 1911 out in the woods. Down here we can’t do that.

Two or 3 years ago a college student was mauled to death by a black bear in a park close to a fairly populated area. People were shocked.
If i lived up in your neck of the woods i’d definitely carry my 1911 out in the woods. Down here we can’t do that.
The only place we are not allowed to carry in NH is federal buildings and courthouses. Every other public area is good to go with the constitutional carry laws here.

Like I mentioned I still carry a 10mm everytime I'm in the woods. I don't like to gamble especially with safety.

Statistics show that you have more of a chance getting struck by lightning than mauled by a bear. Most bear charges are bluff charges, but bear maulings can, do and will happen. Best to be prepared in my opinion. Better to have a firearm in bear county and not need it than to need it and not have it. Witch brings me to my next point. When packing in bear county, "Bring Enough Gun". I shot that 400 lb bear three times yesterday evening with a .338 Win Mag loaded with 250gr Swift A-frames! Even though I dumped him on his a** with the first shot. I didn't stop firing until the bear stopped moving, and he was a smaller bear for a Kodiak Brown Bear.

I
So that now a community has been built in this area it (now) belongs to humans.
Hmmm
I can’t help but wonder how long during the time (before) humans moved into that area the wildlife considered that area theirs. Humans move in then start killing things that are in there element doing what they do. (Trying to survive)
Hey I get it, can’t figure out a way to live with then kill it.
I've always respected your info and opinions and still do Keystone, but I must say with respect. That statement is ridiculous.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the addalesunt bear that was hanging around the village hasn't been seen in our community since I took out that seven footer three days ago. Also, when I skinned out the bear. He had a strong detergent smell like fabric softener. When word of this got out. I soon heard back that one of the village elders had a bear bead behind her house right up against the wall under her dryer vent! 😳 The right bear has most definitely been terminated. Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!

Evening Alaska state news tonight reported a man being mauled and killed by a Brown Bear outside of Anchorage! Three army soldiers mapping out a training exercise walked by a bear den unaware and it prompted a sow to come out and knock one soldier over and maul another that soon after died of his wounds.

Between 2000 and 2017 in the state of Alaska. Ten people have been killed by bear maulings and 68 people hospitalized by such attacks.

Last edited:
Evening Alaska state news tonight reported a man being mauled and killed by a Brown Bear outside of Anchorage! Three army soldiers mapping out a training exercise walked by a bear den unaware and it prompted a sow to come out and knock one soldier over and maul another that soon after died of his wounds.

Between 2000 and 2017 in the state of Alaska. Ten people have been killed by bear maulings and 68 people hospitalized by such attacks.
I just saw this reported online. Wow.

Strange coincidence... a woman in NJ was attacked by a 150-200lb black bear while going out to check her mail yesterday. It happened in a the northwest part of the state, which is "bear country" for NJ. According to the article there were 3 bears in total but only the one attacked. No mention if the other two were cubs or not. Neighbor scared the bears away by honking his car horn. Bear/human contact seems to be more common. Small state with more people fleeing to the rural areas... I guess it is bound to happen.

Strange coincidence... a woman in NJ was attacked by a 150-200lb black bear while going out to check her mail yesterday. It happened in a the northwest part of the state, which is "bear country" for NJ. According to the article there were 3 bears in total but only the one attacked. No mention if the other two were cubs or not. Neighbor scared the bears away by honking his car horn. Bear/human contact seems to be more common. Small state with more people fleeing to the rural areas... I guess it is bound to happen.

It most definitely is becoming more common and for exactly the reasons you just mentioned. All we can do as outdoorsman when spending time in bear county weather hunting, walking the dog or just picnicking with the family is be bear aware, maintian "bear social distancing" and "bring enough gun"! Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!

And let the records show that the biggest Bear ever killed with a rifle in the history of the world was a Kodiak Brown Bear taken with a 30-06 Springfield. Just another testament of many to the capabilities of the all time most popular and iconic cartridge in the United States!

Back