testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

Still cold and rainy.
Time for some Vino .
E0DE206E-199E-41E7-867E-A38A7231CE0B.jpeg

4AB59AC9-DDA6-4A1C-82B3-C4B23C65AF81.jpeg

Hello, daddy, hello, mom...

I’m your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!

Local cherry stout; nice because the fruit is in the finish, and not syrupy sweet; actually a very tart cherry finish.

From a local brewery; MN just went to lockdown redux, and it sucks for a lot of small businesses. I’m trying to support the ones I can, just bought enough beer to likely last me until spring...but I think some friends are gonna get surprise pandemic self-care packages.

View attachment 12144
Hello, daddy, hello, mom...

I’m your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!

Local cherry stout; nice because the fruit is in the finish, and not syrupy sweet; actually a very tart cherry finish.

From a local brewery; MN just went to lockdown redux, and it sucks for a lot of small businesses. I’m trying to support the ones I can, just bought enough beer to likely last me until spring...but I think some friends are gonna get surprise pandemic self-care packages.
Nice!
Cherry stouts are good sippers.

A good while back, used to frequent a bar with over 100 different imported beers from all over the world. Was great!
If drank all offered at bar in a month, received a free t-shirt and name on "the wall of fame." Yep, still have that t-shirt. A little more snug now, but still have.

Now days, there's also many good US brewed beer as well so it's a bit tougher challenge. There's so many really good beers out there. Prob, if is there's one, is more good than not so much? May depend on what doing as well? Eating? Generally like heavier Brit or German dark's at room temp. Summer time or eating fish / chicken? Then, lighter, cooler or ice cold beer usually works best for me. It's not so much the beer is what am doing at the time. Beer's temperature can make a huge difference sometimes. About 55-58 degree's for darker beer can make them shine.

I know I've mentioned before that I'm a simple man who requires only very simple pleasures, and generally speaking likely wouldn't know one beer from the next. I decided many years ago what few beers I liked and have pretty much stayed with those few for a long, long time.

Actually it seems to me you have a much bigger chance of finding one you don't like as one you like better than your regular every time you try a new one. For me it's much the same when going out to eat, especially to a new place. I generally know what I like at almost every restaurant around town and that's what I order, or what I would typically like when offered on the menu of a new place, so based on the statement above, I rarely order anything new. On the other hand, I'm happy to say I'm very rarely disappointed in either my choice of entree or my beer.

Oh yeh, there is one stipulation ...... the beer has to be near ice cold. I truly love a beer that's been sloshin' around in a cooler of ice and ice cold water in the back of my truck or in the boat for about half a day. I like it so cold that it forms tiny little slivers of ice when the beer is opened. I've even been known to put a couple beers in a 6-pk cooler about half full of crushed ice and water on the deck of my tractor mower to slosh around in that ice water for a short while while I'm mowing. Then at some point I'll stop and park under a big oak tree and break out one of those really cold beers ...... whatever brand they are !!!

I know I've mentioned before that I'm a simple man who requires only very simple pleasures, and generally speaking likely wouldn't know one beer from the next. I decided many years ago what few beers I liked and have pretty much stayed with those few for a long, long time.

Actually it seems to me you have a much bigger chance of finding one you don't like as one you like better than your regular every time you try a new one. For me it's much the same when going out to eat, especially to a new place. I generally know what I like at almost every restaurant around town and that's what I order, or what I would typically like when offered on the menu of a new place, so based on the statement above, I rarely order anything new. On the other hand, I'm happy to say I'm very rarely disappointed in either my choice of entree or my beer.

Oh yeh, there is one stipulation ...... the beer has to be near ice cold. I truly love a beer that's been sloshin' around in a cooler of ice and ice cold water in the back of my truck or in the boat for about half a day. I like it so cold that it forms tiny little slivers of ice when the beer is opened. I've even been known to put a couple beers in a 6-pk cooler about half full of crushed ice and water on the deck of my tractor mower to slosh around in that ice water for a short while while I'm mowing. Then at some point I'll stop and park under a big oak tree and break out one of those really cold beers ...... whatever brand they are !!!
Many times while out traveling couldn't find what normally drank, so tried others instead. "Freezer beer" - most any lighter beer from freezer, or spinning beer bottles in ice water sometimes works real good for hot days. Haven't had one beer yet really disliked much so far, but first one disliked may be around the next corner too? I may have to have more different one's to find one? - Drink very little booze or beer compared to what used to. So, may take bit longer? PBR's are my least favorite, but that's me.

I've said before that I'm a very simple man who requires only very simple pleasures and that my preference is "Maker's Mark" bourbon whisky (spelled without an 'E') if I'm in the mood for a good bourbon, and "Jack Daniels Ol #7" if in the mood for a good sour mash whiskey (spelled with the 'E'). It's been that way since I can't remember.

There have been times I've been tempted to try something new/different .... but then I realize I just might get something I don't enjoy as well as what I'm drinking now, so why even bother? "Course I'm a 'drink it straight' with water on the side kinda' man too, and it's hard to beat either of these for just a good, sippin' liquor, with or without a good dinner steak.

In all honesty, I have tried a few different ones when offered a drink at someone else's house, but have never ordered one of my own volition IIRC, nor did I ever enjoy one of those as well as my two ol' stand-by's.

I tend to find that most times in life, 'simplicity' and 'familiarity' breeds comfort & joy !!!!! Jus' sayin' y'all !!!! :D:D:D

I've said before that I'm a very simple man who requires only very simple pleasures and that my preference is "Maker's Mark" bourbon whisky (spelled without an 'E') if I'm in the mood for a good bourbon, and "Jack Daniels Ol #7" if in the mood for a good sour mash whiskey (spelled with the 'E'). It's been that way since I can't remember.

There have been times I've been tempted to try something new/different .... but then I realize I just might get something I don't enjoy as well as what I'm drinking now, so why even bother? "Course I'm a 'drink it straight' with water on the side kinda' man too, and it's hard to beat either of these for just a good, sippin' liquor, with or without a good dinner steak.

In all honesty, I have tried a few different ones when offered a drink at someone else's house, but have never ordered one of my own volition IIRC, nor did I ever enjoy one of those as well as my two ol' stand-by's.

I tend to find that most times in life, 'simplicity' and 'familiarity' breeds comfort & joy !!!!! Jus' sayin' y'all !!!! :D:D:D
Bufallo Trace is very nice bourbon. Very smooth.

Back