testtest

Profiteering & Price Gouging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see where you're coming from and free enterprise is one thing but raping you're customer base I don't agree with. With this being said I would never support any price controls for a business and I do understand that businesses have a right to set their own price for product's. I just think it's tacky for a well known company to try and take advantage of the panicked population.

Also I always enough ammo to feel comfortable with.
I agree. It's one thing for products you don't need as a necessity, it's another to price gouge for items needed especially during a national emergency (food, water, medicine, gas, etc).

Check out cheaper then dirt's site for the most insanely high ammo prices you'll probably ever see. They are selling a 1000 round pack of Winchester 5.56 range ammo for $980.00. 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

You would need to be a complete moron or have plenty of disposable income to buy from these creeps.
I don't know about Annihilators 🤖 income level, but I don't condone calling fellow posters morons. Annihilator, I apologize on behalf of our dimwitted 🥴 friend 10mmLife.

Thanks for that.

I’m pretty set...about the only caliber I don’t have minimum of 1k on hand is .357Sig...I’m down to a half case there, and about 200 rounds of my carry load (Underwood Gold Dots). But, my reloading connection has about 2k pieces of mixed brass, and I have some Berry’s plated in shipping right now, and powder on hand...so I just gotta head over to his place and pull the handle on his 650.
It will cost me a few growlers of local beers...but it’s worth it.
I've got the material for 500 10mm rounds that need to be put together but I'm new at reloading so I'll be at my friend's house this weekend working on that and getting some experience before I start using my press.

Go for it, man.

I’m a capitalist, all for charging what the market will bear.

We’ve been living in “the happy times” as far as guns, ammo, and accessories prices and availability are concerned for the past 3 years, give or take; anyone who hadn’t stocked up has only themselves to blame...and I see no reason not to make a buck (our several) off of their lack of foresight.
Capitalist myself but I don't believe when you charge $1 for a bottle of water you charge the dehydrated man $3. I will make a point to not purchase from OP or CTD again. The only way to speak out is to no longer purchase.

Capitalist myself but I don't believe when you charge $1 for a bottle of water you charge the dehydrated man $3. I will make a point to not purchase from OP or CTD again. The only way to speak out is to no longer purchase.
I remember reading a story about one of the Woodstock reunion concerts, where the temps for the several days was extremely high. They were selling water for more and more each day (I think it initally started a $6 per bottle which is still high), finally reaching something like $21 for a bottle of water. As complaints made there way to the NY capitol, the State started to look into price gouging, and I believe shut down the concert.

Found one of 10mmLife‘s relations.....
1584474016844.jpeg

😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

I don't know about Annihilators 🤖 income level, but I don't condone calling fellow posters morons. Annihilator, I apologize on behalf of our dimwitted 🥴 friend 10mmLife.
I just got an email add from CTD and could not believe their prices. Reminded me of their last price gouging stunt. I don't purchase anything from them because of that and this action makes my resolve stronger not to deal with them.

The problem is...in these current circumstances, that dehydrated man had numerous opportunities to buy that $1 bottle for .75...and chose not to.

Instead, he got the latest & greatest phone, or gaming system, or whatever...I can always buy water later, he thought.

He thought wrong.

Sometimes lessons should hurt a little. They stick that way.

I freely admit I was one of those guys that got caught short in 2008-2010...and I LEARNED—when it comes to firearms/ammo...when prices are good, you buy deep.

And again—while I don’t support these companies (for other reasons)...I don’t begrudge what they are doing.

I remember reading a story about one of the Woodstock reunion concerts, where the temps for the several days was extremely high. They were selling water for more and more each day (I think it initally started a $6 per bottle which is still high), finally reaching something like $21 for a bottle of water. As complaints made there way to the NY capitol, the State started to look into price gouging, and I believe shut down the concert.
I had a few friends at the 3rd Woodstock that had pics and stories about people rioting because the attendees had zero access to water & food except for paying a major premium to the venue who kept jacking up the prices daily as the concert goers started to dehydrate. The venue organizer's were some really bad opportunist taking advantage of desperation.

I just got an email add from CTD and could not believe their prices. Reminded me of their last price gouging stunt. I don't purchase anything from them because of that and this action makes my resolve stronger not to deal with them.
Check out Target Sports USA or Bass Pro if you are looking for ammo.

I quit getting stuff them years ago, CTD that is, if I order any ammo, I always get mine from Midway USA. Never had any issues in almost 25 years of buying from them, may not be the cheapest on certain items, but there customer service is great.

Check out Target Sports USA or Bass Pro if you are looking for ammo.
Just got the link below from Target Sports. Looks like their manufacturers are doing some gouging on shipping costs :mad:

We are also working closely with all manufacturers to keep products in stock at competitive pricing. Unfortunately, we have been informed that all manufacturers are now shipping product at an increased cost, due to demand. We are doing everything we can to mitigate these costs for our customers while trying to keep as much inventory as we can in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back