testtest

Profiteering & Price Gouging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the moral of this story is we all have different reasons to hold a grudge and not support a certain business for whatever reason we choose in a free enterprise society.

Absolutely, we do.

I will never do business with CTD after the canceled orders that had already been placed, and force buyers re-order at jacked up prices. That...is utterly reprehensible.

Just jacking up prices? Garden variety profiteering; plain old capitalism at it's purest.

Just like getting you hands on a bunch of Nakatomi bearer bonds, sitting on the beach, and earning twenty percent...

Absolutely, we do.

I will never do business with CTD after the canceled orders that had already been placed, and force buyers re-order at jacked up prices. That...is utterly reprehensible.

Just jacking up prices? Garden variety profiteering; plain old capitalism at it's purest.

Just like getting you hands on a bunch of Nakatomi bearer bonds, sitting on the beach, and earning twenty percent...
1584480248616.jpeg

😬😬😬😬

Just got the link below from Target Sports. Looks like their manufacturers are doing some gouging on shipping costs :mad:

We are also working closely with all manufacturers to keep products in stock at competitive pricing. Unfortunately, we have been informed that all manufacturers are now shipping product at an increased cost, due to demand. We are doing everything we can to mitigate these costs for our customers while trying to keep as much inventory as we can in stock.

Target sports usa's website for the moment still has reasonable prices on ammo.

I bought a decent amount of 5.56 American eagle from Bass Pro online today for $47.69 a box of 150 rounds. I shoot this ammo pretty often so I decided to get some before I can't find it on the shelf for a while with the panic buyers out there.

The problem is...in these current circumstances, that dehydrated man had numerous opportunities to buy that $1 bottle for .75...and chose not to.

Instead, he got the latest & greatest phone, or gaming system, or whatever...I can always buy water later, he thought.

He thought wrong.

Sometimes lessons should hurt a little. They stick that way.

I freely admit I was one of those guys that got caught short in 2008-2010...and I LEARNED—when it comes to firearms/ammo...when prices are good, you buy deep.

And again—while I don’t support these companies (for other reasons)...I don’t begrudge what they are doing.
How many bottles must one buy to have enough. I am not sure what lesson you are referencing.

How many bottles must one buy to have enough. I am not sure what lesson you are referencing.

How many bottles are enough? When I decide I have enough. That’s how capitalism works.

The lesson was that ammo, magazines, things like that dry up in a hurry when the herd panics(usually for no good reason), so get what you need when it is plentiful and cheap.

But what I also learned (and confirmed post Sandy Hook) is that market speculation pays off, if you’re willing to gamble. I see nothing wrong with buying a few extra items that are likely to be in high demand when the herd panics, and making money off those that didn’t prepare.

I’ve been picking up lowers at sub-$50 for the last couple of years; always nice to have rainy day projects...same with the cheap LPK’s. If I decide I want to sell them...I see no reason why I should sell them for what I have in them, when the market is commanding 2-3x that. If I would...they’re just gonna get resold at the market value.

It's no different than playing the stock market, speculating on real estate, or anything else.

What these companies are doing is gambling that the short-term profits they make will offset any ill-will from the guns & gear buying community in the future.

Judging by the fact that this is the 3rd or 4th time CTD has done this, and is still going strong...it appears to be a smart gamble on the businesses' part.

How many bottles are enough? When I decide I have enough. That’s how capitalism works.

The lesson was that ammo, magazines, things like that dry up in a hurry when the herd panics(usually for no good reason), so get what you need when it is plentiful and cheap.

But what I also learned (and confirmed post Sandy Hook) is that market speculation pays off, if you’re willing to gamble. I see nothing wrong with buying a few extra items that are likely to be in high demand when the herd panics, and making money off those that didn’t prepare.

I’ve been picking up lowers at sub-$50 for the last couple of years; always nice to have rainy day projects...same with the cheap LPK’s. If I decide I want to sell them...I see no reason why I should sell them for what I have in them, when the market is commanding 2-3x that. If I would...they’re just gonna get resold at the market value.

It's no different than playing the stock market, speculating on real estate, or anything else.

What these companies are doing is gambling that the short-term profits they make will offset any ill-will from the guns & gear buying community in the future.

Judging by the fact that this is the 3rd or 4th time CTD has done this, and is still going strong...it appears to be a smart gamble on the businesses' part.
Gouging is actually illegal in most states on certain items. Not for sure about "market" reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back