testtest

Profiteering & Price Gouging

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The market” refers to what people are willing to pay for a certain item...hence “market rate”.

And gouging laws usually apply to things which are necessities—food, water, etc. Never seen it applied to firearms or accessories.
Actually Optics Planet was gouging respirators which would call in the safety category I believe and market generally refers to Fair and Competitive

Actually Optics Planet was gouging respirators which would call in the safety category I believe and market generally refers to Fair and Competitive

Guess it would depend on if it's illegal in the state they are based in.

If so, by all means, they should be charged.

And “fair and competitive” looks at all factors...if people are willing to pay jacked up prices, that’s fair and competitive at that time.

Just because YOU don’t think the price is fair & competitive, doesn’t mean others think the same way.

In short, panic pricing is actually caused by buyers, not sellers. If nobody is willing to pay what they ask...the price will come down.

Guess it would depend on if it's illegal in the state they are based in.

If so, by all means, they should be charged.

And “fair and competitive” looks at all factors...if people are willing to pay jacked up prices, that’s fair and competitive at that time.

Just because YOU don’t think the price is fair & competitive, doesn’t mean others think the same way.

In short, panic pricing is actually caused by buyers, not sellers. If nobody is willing to pay what they ask...the price will come down.
I agree with all the above statement's and with that being said as much as they have a right to set prices any amount they want we also have the right to speak up and protest about their rates and poor business practices, hence this thread which I am using to inform as many people as possible and hear everyone's thoughts on the subject yours included. 😁

I agree with all the above statement's and with that being said as much as they have a right to set prices any amount they want we also have the right to speak up and protest about their rates and poor business practices, hence this thread which I am using to inform as many people as possible and hear everyone's thoughts on the subject yours included. 😁

Yep. Get enough people to boycott these businesses—and CONTINUE the boycott after things get better, and hopefully they'll change their ways.

It's been a good discussion; I really appreciate how it's remained respectful by everyone.

Doesn’t always go down that way on other forums.

Yep. Get enough people to boycott these businesses—and CONTINUE the boycott after things get better, and hopefully they'll change their ways.

It's been a good discussion; I really appreciate how it's remained respectful by everyone.

Thanks for contributing to this thread so far I really appreciate the input.

You made a lot of good points on the subject and it's these things that can challenge our thoughts on an issue and understand an argument from a different angle.

I've noticed since I joined this forum that the vast majority of the members are very respectful and that we are all able to have a civil debate at times without anyone being intentionally disrespectful.

I had hoped I had not angered nor offended you in our conversations. In full disclosure when I read your first post I thought this might be someone for good conversation and I was right. You were respectful to me and I hope you feel the same. You made good points and I found it very enjoyable. I agree this is what forums are supposed to be a simple back and forth of ideas. In full disclosure Optics Planet is doing wrong at least in my State and for humanity purposes but CTD (lost my business) while I don't agree with it, I'm not sure it is wrong. I will end with "In short, panic pricing is actually caused by buyers, not sellers. If nobody is willing to pay what they ask...the price will come down." HansGruber

I had hoped I had not angered nor offended you in our conversations. In full disclosure when I read your first post I thought this might be someone for good conversation and I was right. You were respectful to me and I hope you feel the same. You made good points and I found it very enjoyable. I agree this is what forums are supposed to be a simple back and forth of ideas. In full disclosure Optics Planet is doing wrong at least in my State and for humanity purposes but CTD (lost my business) while I don't agree with it, I'm not sure it is wrong. I will end with "In short, panic pricing is actually caused by buyers, not sellers. If nobody is willing to pay what they ask...the price will come down." HansGruber
Well spoken @southtex I appreciate your input here and helping to make this discussion more interesting.

david.jpg

DAVE SAID HE GOT TP ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my go to place I buy from always reasonable prices and shipping. Bought from them many times. Guess what they still have 1,000 round 9mms bulk in stock under $200 in case someone is in need 😜 along with most other sizes.

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-blaze...r-115-gr-fmj-1145-fps-1000-ct-loose-pack.html
2 WEEKS AGO I purchased 1000 rounds of 115 grain 9mm Winchester white box for $225.00 brass, not steel or aluminum cartridge cases. SPORTSMANS GUIDE, CHEAPER THAN DIRT, PALMETTO STATE ARMORY, NATCHEZSS are all good places to buy bulk ammo ,

2 WEEKS AGO I purchased 1000 rounds of 115 grain 9mm Winchester white box for $225.00 brass, not steel or aluminum cartridge cases. SPORTSMANS GUIDE, CHEAPER THAN DIRT, PALMETTO STATE ARMORY, NATCHEZSS are all good places to buy bulk ammo ,

I will buy from all on your list EXCEPT Cheaper Than Dirt they are imho crooks that feed on fear. They do it every time something bad happens and charge 500% or more than normal.

I will buy from all on your list EXCEPT Cheaper Than Dirt they are imho crooks that feed on fear. They do it every time something bad happens and charge 500% or more than normal.

Additionally, if you had something ordered that they hadn’t shipped before they jacked their prices...they'll cancel your order and make you pay the new price.

They’re lower than whale dung at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

Follow up from something I posted at the beginning of the thread. They seem very charming.

I was talking with the cashier at the grocery checkout (seeing when the major deliveries are made to the store etc.), and he mentioned that a bunch of those "buying up the store", told him they planned on sell them as a profit, to those desperate for those items. Good old profiteering during a worldwide disaster. Blindfold 🕶 and cigarette🚬?

I was talking with the cashier at the grocery checkout (seeing when the major deliveries are made to the store etc.), and he mentioned that a bunch of those "buying up the store", told him they planned on sell them as a profit, to those desperate for those items. Good old profiteering during a worldwide disaster. Blindfold 🕶 and cigarette🚬?
Agreed.

Here is my go to place I buy from always reasonable prices and shipping. Bought from them many times. Guess what they still have 1,000 round 9mm bulk in stock under $200 in case someone is in need 😜 along with most other sizes.

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-blaze...r-115-gr-fmj-1145-fps-1000-ct-loose-pack.html
I bought this last month and it was a lower price, by the time I paid shipping and tax it was this much. I also bought 147gr from Angelfire, 1000 for $248. All of this was to prepare for my TC workshop that was suppose to be next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back