testtest

Review: Emissary 4.25" .45 ACP

they also now have a 9MM Emissary..

r6hWodMkKeHlJLzBpae85Ia7gJNvmPB4c8T7QqnvOHhtNKRRwHR2apkrH9-zGaN67wNVGl9Y6no-PsAcqhsCjmdTceLtiLPLt_ekGDET7qG6y71Hsp0tu5IE7_Sl_p7w2fsm7j_MKxmHV2pV5SrHa-L7_egsiuO35zduQAs0xPD2oLkY=s0-d-e1-ft

TWO NEW EMISSARY MODELS NOW AVAILABLE​
Combining forged steel construction for durability with a beautiful two-tone finish, the Emissary is now available in a 5" model in 9mm as well as a 4.25" version in .45 ACP. Both pistols feature grenade-pattern checkering on their stainless steel frames and G10 grips, as well as a Tri-Top cut to their carbon steel slides, giving them custom-grade styling. In addition, a heavy-profile stainless steel forged bull barrel delivers maximum accuracy and reduces felt recoil.

The Emissary, in both the 5" 9mm and 4.25" .45 ACP versions, blends form and function seamlessly in a defensive-minded firearm loaded with custom-grade features.​

As a non-1911 firearm owner, I'm like a cat with a play toy every time Springfield releases a new 1911. I still think the Ronin Operator is my favorite all-around 1911 from Springfield, but the Emissary is certainly interesting.

The big question for me and one that has contributed to my hesitation to pull the trigger is: Do I go full size or commander? I doubt that the 1911 would ever be my daily carry, but I can see it being a solid OWB contender when we're visiting relatives out on the family farms or out hiking somewhere that .45 ACP is a desirable trait for a sidearm. In that sense, I'm leaning toward the 5" full size model. However, an all-day hike might be a tad more comfortable with a commander at 4.25".

And nowadays is the question, "To rail, or not to rail."

With unlimited funds, I'd probably have a half dozen 1911s by now, but there you go.

On point, this was a pretty well-written article and I enjoyed reading.

If they would put a rail and ambi safety on a .45 version I might buy one
Agreed, it does seem to be more of a 'working' or as some would say, "go to war," aesthetic. I would prefer a rail and ambi features for this type of gun. Kind of reminds me of an 80s Benz.
14a832e49f7524d6a49f25a0042efe39.png

Just rough enough to make it edgy, but keeping the curves in the right places.

I was torn between the two .45 Emissary models. Then the old 1 is none and 2 is 1 came into play, so I bought them both. Problem solved.
I am also torn between the 4.25 and the full size model. Since I can't afford both I need to make a choice. Since you do own both guns can you tell me which of them you like better? Which of them shoots better and which of them is more accurate? Thanks for any Pros and Cons and any Input you may have.

I don’t need another 45ACP handgun but that is one very beautiful gun. I think it looks great without a rail, clean and well built.
Thanks for the article Mike.
As a follow up to my original post I had sold my 1911 45ACP RO and although I didn’t expect to buy another 1911 I did decide to make a change in my collection and made the trip to my favorite LGS, I didn’t know what I was going to bring home and was at first looking at a Colt 1911 then I saw the SA 45ACP 1911 Emissary, everything about the gun caught my eye and holding the gun reminded me of my RO and how stable and natural it felt to hold. It does have some features that are unconventional in a 1911 such as the squared trigger guard and the one I was looking at had an accessory rail which never appealed to me in the 1911 platform.
And those grips “very aggressive” looking. And of course the polymer trigger was almost a complete turn off but the gun was just overall beautiful and it came home with me that day.
Based on what I traded in the gun cost me no money out of pocket.
No regrets.
Shooting the gun? Wow!! The gun is effortless and has almost no felt recoil due to its weight and the polymer trigger? no issues whatsoever.
I’ve only got about 100 rounds through the gun but everything I’ve loaded into it’s mags it’s shot with no failures whatsoever. I haven’t shot it at any distance over 15 yards and plan to take it out soon and try 25 yards.
97CE573A-E99F-4776-BB77-795412F33519.jpeg

Since the gun is very heavy to use as an EDC it’s been put into service as my nightstand gun and the TLR-2 HL I’ve had for years fits perfectly.
27C75267-F044-4159-8970-7AA156FEC748.jpeg

I’m happy to say the gun shoots great groupings.

As a follow up to my original post I had sold my 1911 45ACP RO and although I didn’t expect to buy another 1911 I did decide to make a change in my collection and made the trip to my favorite LGS, I didn’t know what I was going to bring home and was at first looking at a Colt 1911 then I saw the SA 45ACP 1911 Emissary, everything about the gun caught my eye and holding the gun reminded me of my RO and how stable and natural it felt to hold. It does have some features that are unconventional in a 1911 such as the squared trigger guard and the one I was looking at had an accessory rail which never appealed to me in the 1911 platform.
And those grips “very aggressive” looking. And of course the polymer trigger was almost a complete turn off but the gun was just overall beautiful and it came home with me that day.
Based on what I traded in the gun cost me no money out of pocket.
No regrets.
Shooting the gun? Wow!! The gun is effortless and has almost no felt recoil due to its weight and the polymer trigger? no issues whatsoever.
I’ve only got about 100 rounds through the gun but everything I’ve loaded into it’s mags it’s shot with no failures whatsoever. I haven’t shot it at any distance over 15 yards and plan to take it out soon and try 25 yards. View attachment 26771
Since the gun is very heavy to use as an EDC it’s been put into service as my nightstand gun and the TLR-2 HL I’ve had for years fits perfectly. View attachment 26772
I’m happy to say the gun shoots great groupings.
Nice shooting goose!

Back