testtest

Review: HEX Dragonfly Red Dot

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: HEX Dragonfly Red Dot" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-hex-dragonfly-red-dot/.

The shutting off after 16 hours is the worst design ever. I have found the sight to be real nice. It works great, stays adjusted after sighting in, easy to pick up. But is worthless for any kind of defensive purposes be it home defense or carry.
Imagine having this on your home defense pistol, your woke up by someone breaking into your home. Now the sight has turned off! Totally unacceptable. This is a range for fun only red dot. Until they get this feature fixed. I rate the dot a zero out of 10.
Fix the auto shutoff after 16 hours and this dot will be a solid 8.5!

The shutting off after 16 hours is the worst design ever. I have found the sight to be real nice. It works great, stays adjusted after sighting in, easy to pick up. But is worthless for any kind of defensive purposes be it home defense or carry.
Imagine having this on your home defense pistol, your woke up by someone breaking into your home. Now the sight has turned off! Totally unacceptable. This is a range for fun only red dot. Until they get this feature fixed. I rate the dot a zero out of 10.
Any dot that doesn't wake up immediately upon movement is useless to me for SD. If it shuts off automatically, it should wake up automatically too.

If Sig can get MOTAC technology in their $120 optics I don't know why it shouldn't be in a much more expensive optic. All optics really.

Simple fix?
Turn dot on before hitting the hay for the night? -
Not many people sleep more than 8 hours at a time.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: HEX Dragonfly Red Dot" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-hex-dragonfly-red-dot/.

Thanks for another well written/recorded article/video Mike and Paul,
Nice features. Pro's/cons? Sounds like a fairly well thought out product. Battery's a commonly used one, not a specialized one helps. Having user adjustable optic lighting is a good feature - like when using optic in shade and target's in bright sunlight? Function buttons function/use is straight forward. Included Pictininy attachment's nice touch for some firearms as well. - Sure beats hunting and pecking for right attachments! Sight's a hair wide, but not terrible. Bit tall in rear end for some applications as in some iron sight back ups, but mostly doable. Shake n wake would've been nice added feature, but for many applications should be fine with some work arounds.

When I first heard about the Hex, I was a little bummed I had already purchased a Romeo Zero.

But now I'm glad, and despite requiring some DIY modifications to install. I've been very happy with the Romeo Zero.

I'm still peeved the FDE version was released shortly after my black one arrived.

Yes it is, but it's so huge, there's no co-witness, even with the suppressor height sights on the XDM Elite Tactical OSP.
Huge?
If it gets the weather channel and your favorite TV station, you may have hooked up the wrong gadget?
This is worlds smallest tv screen. MicroEmissive’s ME1602.

10 Smallest Things Of Their Kind In The World - Listverse

Yes! I kept waiting to hear about shake-to-wake, but it apparently is not a feature. If/when I try a RDS, Holosun is still my first to try.
Agree and never seen anyone holding the weapon muzzle up next to your head in the Wasp video on their website.
Any thoughts??

This is a very well designed sight, except for one feature. The battery compartment is located on the bottom of the housing?! The sight must be completely removed from a firearm in order to replace the battery. Trijicon designed the RMR in the same fashion. Two years in development and no one thought of positioning the Dragonfly's battery compartment on the top? My search for the ideal red dot sight continues. Sorry, Springfield, but you missed the "X-Ring" on this product.

If the Wasp is big enough for easy use, why make a bigger one for bigger guns? I would think a minimal lump on top of the pistol would be a better choice, if it is functional at that size. On a bigger gun it would look even less obtrusive and help with ease of concealment. It would also be easier to co-witness the irons.
The worst thing about the best red dots is how big and clunky they are.

A side-mounted battery compartment on the Dragonfly would have been another great option. Why do some of the dot sight makers place these compartments on the bottom of their housings?

This is the first time I've seen this article.
1. Mine does NOT come on at the lowest setting it comes on at the medium setting.
2. Waterproof now that's funny!! The first time I cleaned my 10mm after it's first fire, even though I was careful not to get a bunch of liquid under the slide or turn it upside down the cleaning agent migrated through the striker retaining pin right up into the guts and I had to take it off the slide remove the plates and carefully dry the laser emitter. I also noticed that the O-ring was already pretty flat for a brand new firearm that was less than 2 weeks old. Hopefully I will not have any cleaning solution getting back up through the striker retaining pin as I put a new heavier duty pin that I squeezed clear silicone caulk into both ends to seal that up best I could. I 10,000% agree it should shake awake, I do not mind if it goes to sleep after 3-5 hours of no movement but it should immediately cone back to life should I move it.

I still think if it goes under water that O ring will not keep water or liquid out.

Back