testtest

Romeo zero on a Hellcat

I used a bore site and was able to archive co witness with the hellcat iron sites and Romeo zero.
Glad that worked out for you and surprised. Every example I've seen with the Romeo and the Hellcat would not fully co-witness. Yeh, they'll get close, but as I understand the term 'Co-witness', it usually means you can see the whole 'ball in the bucket' and then the red dot. Simply being able to see the dot over the front sight (ball) doesn't qualify as I understand. But hey, I'm certainly more than willing to learn.

regards,
jumpinjoe

This little bit of info is invaluable RR!! Thanks loads, headed to local HWS today to look for the screws you recommend. Will look for the pics of your pistol everyday to see how it turned out!

Attachments

• ABEF05C4-22C8-4151-9EA4-24E0EF2D860B.jpeg
    ABEF05C4-22C8-4151-9EA4-24E0EF2D860B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 855
  • 47C1FA6F-30EF-4688-9280-CFD732C0D69C.jpeg
    47C1FA6F-30EF-4688-9280-CFD732C0D69C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 880
  • 42725505-8D63-4B7E-B4F3-2F3A439EDDA0.jpeg
    42725505-8D63-4B7E-B4F3-2F3A439EDDA0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 856
The screws you found are "healthy" enuff to do the job alright!! Doesn't look like they're so tall as to interfere with the off/on button, are they?

The screws you found are "healthy" enuff to do the job alright!! Doesn't look like they're so tall as to interfere with the off/on button, are they?
Nope, I can access the brightness button just fine. Doesn’t obstruct the view either. All about preference. If you were to go with these or a set that doesn’t protrude, I would recommend not using the supplied ones cut down either as the head is easily stripped. You will have to take off to replace batteries, so want something durable.

rushrush73 ..... in your post with the 3 pictures/attachments, how is it the tip of the trigger on your Hellcat in the first pic is so far towards the rear of the trigger guard- front to back? On mine, when viewed from the side exactly as yours in that picture, my trigger is almost directly in the center of the guard- front to back.

regards,
jumpinjoe

rushrush73 ..... in your post with the 3 pictures/attachments, how is it the tip of the trigger on your Hellcat in the first pic is so far towards the rear of the trigger guard- front to back? On mine, when viewed from the side exactly as yours in that picture, my trigger is almost directly in the center of the guard- front to back.

regards,
jumpinjoe
It’s not cocked.

Nope, I can access the brightness button just fine. Doesn’t obstruct the view either. All about preference. If you were to go with these or a set that doesn’t protrude, I would recommend not using the supplied ones cut down either as the head is easily stripped. You will have to take off to replace batteries, so want something durable.
Good thinking, I agree on that point 100%.

I just screwed nuts onto the bolts then ground off a tiny bit of the bolt and carefully filed the end just shaved off. Unscrewed the bolts when done and the Romeo tightened down just fine. It Co-witnesses just fine. I really like the hellcat and this red dot makes it even better.

RR, I thank you again for putting me on these compact socket head screws. I found some and torqued 'em down to 9 in lb and worked perfectly. I'm not gonna change screws even if somebody makes some that fit and countersink. These bad boys won't f up in a battery change ever!

I was able to shorten the screws, but now it won’t even come close to zeroing. I maxed out the adjustment screw and it’s still shoots 6-7” low at 10 yards.

Just went to the range today. Nailing it. I used some screws that where from another mount setup. Bigger heads than fitting in they sit on top. Working great

I’ve done everything I can think of and the red dot is still 6” high of where my bullet hits. I’ll take any advice or suggestions at this point. Thanks!

You maybe seeing a reflection which is actually lower than the red dot itself. Threw me off at first

I'm a photography so I'm used to optics . Zero it out to the mechnical sites

I’ve done everything I can think of and the red dot is still 6” high of where my bullet hits. I’ll take any advice or suggestions at this point. Thanks!
Good luck Woody. Sounds like you're havin' my kinda luck. But you'll get it-if i can get it mounted and zeroed a blind Chinese aviator can do it...

Back