testtest

Saint .308 Strikes again

A few more down …
Big boar was in with the cattle feeding from the cattle feed bin.

4175B3A6-69E7-4115-93C8-AA051227AA62.jpeg
4CA606E7-3506-4F08-A2B7-D6E95FB5DED9.jpeg

Haven't seen a post here for a while. I started to wonder if you became overwhelmed by the boar and gave up ... not really! 🤣

Nice shooting!
Was working Dec-Jan on getting some deer. Didnt want to run the deer off the hunting area chasing hogs down at night. Didnt shoot any hogs at daylight as the deer usually came in shortly after hogs departed .

Momma was getting torqued up me deer hunting then off hog hunting at night, so I slowed it down for a bit and let the dust settle 😏🙂

Was working Dec-Jan on getting some deer. Didnt want to run the deer off the hunting area chasing hogs down at night. Didnt shoot any hogs at daylight as the deer usually came in shortly after hogs departed .

Momma was getting torqued up me deer hunting then off hog hunting at night, so I slowed it down for a bit and let the dust settle 😏🙂
I figured that's why you weren't responding...................no connection........---.-.-...--.-..-..------------ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been watching some hog hunting videos on FB and it’s a riot watching them scatter when the first one drops.
It’s also amazing to see some drop on one shot and others take two or three then drop and thrash around.
The clarity of the different thermal’s is also evident when you can see blood squirting while they run before they drop.

You want us to feel sorry for you having too much hunting time? Nope, not happening lol!

My next guess was gonna be you ran out of ammo with all your shooting. 😮

I guess you need to take momma out a night or two to smooth things over. Enjoy and be safe!

I’ve been watching some hog hunting videos on FB and it’s a riot watching them scatter when the first one drops.
It’s also amazing to see some drop on one shot and others take two or three then drop and thrash around.
The clarity of the different thermal’s is also evident when you can see blood squirting while they run before they drop.
Folks dont realize they can run 30mph for short distances. Like a sprinter.
You have to put the crosshair on the nose to hit them in the kill zone(heart/lungs,etc) on the run. Unless you hit the head. Even then, Nothing is guaranteed. They have thick hide

I’ve seen the small ones take 2 rounds of .300 BO on the run. Big boar took one .308
Another big sow took couple .300 BO and couple .308. Got away in thick brush- wooded area. Didnt ever find her

I use a Pulsar Trail that has exceptional quality and range. Like watching HD TV.
This is a group of hogs in tall grass and mixed in behind some tree’s about 75 yrds
6C9242A2-4226-44D8-A505-A58577F441E3.jpeg

Folks dont realize they can run 30mph for short distances. Like a sprinter.
You have to put the crosshair on the nose to hit them in the kill zone(heart/lungs,etc) on the run. Unless you hit the head. Even then, Nothing is guaranteed. They have thick hide

I’ve seen the small ones take 2 rounds of .300 BO on the run. Big boar took one .308
Another big sow took couple .300 BO and couple .308. Got away in thick brush- wooded area. Didnt ever find her

I use a Pulsar Trail that has exceptional quality and range. Like watching HD TV.
This is a group of hogs in tall grass and mixed in behind some tree’s about 75 yrds
View attachment 24463
I noticed they are very quick on there feet and being low to the ground can change direction pretty quick as well.
In one video a hog charged the shooter at a dead run, he dropped it destroying its head in the process.

All shooting fun aside the videos are being done to chronicle the damage to the fields the hogs are causing, some of the fields shown from Ariel view are completely destroyed from them digging huge holes everywhere.
Hope those pigs don't get established in my state because of all that. There's a small population just north of the border in Alberta that are being monitored.

While the grizzlies & wolves wouldn't mind adding pork to their diet, it's too risky to allow the pigs to get established.

Added a suppressor to the mix.
(NFA stamp item)
Cycles only 3 rounds then FTE/FTF issues.
Adjusted gas block from 2 1/4 turns to 5 turns and everything in between.
Going to fiddle with it some more this week end.

Feels like I made the gun 196lbs and 95” long with a thermal and suppressor 😬😬😬🤪🤪
5190F041-64E0-4A94-AAB9-27D4DE28F9AC.jpeg

Added a suppressor to the mix.
(NFA stamp item)
Cycles only 3 rounds then FTE/FTF issues.
Adjusted gas block from 2 1/4 turns to 5 turns and everything in between.
Going to fiddle with it some more this week end.

Feels like I made the gun 196lbs and 95” long with a thermal and suppressor 😬😬😬🤪🤪
View attachment 25981
If the bugger gets any heavier your gonna have to mount it on a tripod on the back of a Rat Patrol jeep! 🤣

Back