testtest

Saint V/5.56 Pistol

No, a collapsible, IMO

ATF will likely declare AR pistols & like other stuff with braces as NFA weapons so that will require Class 3 stamp. If you want to keep the short barrel then either a brace or a collapsible stock would give you much better support than an AR pistol configuration.

A CCW won't exclude you from needing a "stamp" from the ATF with anything shorter than an 16.1" OAL barrel.

Get a ALG (angled forward grip (Magpul) or just a handstop. Vertical grips are very 80's & 90's, and really don't do much. I think ATF frowns upon vert grips on AR pistols right now, so with their inevitable decision in "June" if you want the short-barrel best do the paperwork & $200.

I briefly tried AR pistols & braces and didn't find them operationally useful, so the shortest I go is a pinned 14.5" barrel so no stamp needed.

My .02

Or you could just set up a single point sling correctly and forego the brace/stock altogether. Assuming this would fall within the new AFT guidelines. :cautious:

"Monopoding" the gun using the magazine should not produce any issues with function of the weapon, and should provide a satisfactory zero.

If you are seeing issues with function, first try other magazines. If function issue persists, further troubleshooting may be necessary. A properly in-spec modern AR15 using vetted magazines should *NOT* have any problems being monopodded via just the magazine. Monopoding is also a routinely taught marksmanship technique, and used at high levels.

More likely than not, any POI shift is induced by other factors such as eye-alignment differences when you're seated between bench/table or other positions, and and also the displacement of the sight relationship due to deflection of the handguard to which your front sight is attached. Towards the latter, I am hoping that you did not attach your optic, if you are using one, to the handguard instead of the receiver? That handguard looks monothlic with the receiver, but is not!

In terms of your zero, I would agree with @Talyn - because of your intended use of the gun within the 100, the 50 yard zero can potentially be easier to use (and remember that the bullet never "rise," - https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/suppressor-height-sights.10599/#post-141616), while the 100 yard zero may offer you easier hold-overs if you place more importance on absolute precision:

1646275355979.png

Understand, however, that these "ideals" are achieved via a "typical" 16-inch gun with the above-listed muzzle velocities (which is again an ideal), using "typical" ammo (again ideal). While your final zero will not differ too, too much based on the above, how your unique gun prints - with your selected ammo - will vary to some degree from this idealized diagram. Printing shots-on-target downrange, "truing" your optic or sights to your setup is the only way to go (especially if you wish to verify the "far zero").

STV975556B-BTR mine has a factory collapsible stock with cheek plate riser and forward "grip" stop.
*emphasis added

^ The weapon you cited: https://www.springfield-armory.com/...ols/saint-victor-556-ar-15-pistol-magpul-btr/ - is noted on the SA website to utilize the following Magpul brace: https://magpul.com/btr-arm-brace-mil-spec.html

Looking on the Magpul page, you can see how they configured their single-point sling use, with the QD sling swivel attached directly to the rear-of-brace QD cup.

Potential complications can arise, with one area of concern being that due to supply-chain issues, SA has been noted to sometimes substitute different items/components on their factory builds. If that's the case, you may or may not have this particular brace on your gun, and that can complicate our discussions.

Also, with the placement of this QD cup, should you chose to insert a QD swivel in that location, it would make it rather uncomfortable for you to shoulder the weapon (for the purposes of this current discussion, I'm choosing specifically to focus on technical concerns, not legalities).

I do not own either this weapon or that brace, but if you would prefer a traditional two-point sling setup, it looks like you should be able to direct-thread typical 1 to 1.5-inch width webbing slings through the slots present on that particular brace and then utilize standard Triglides to secure. I am also not sure if those slots are strong enough -or are even intended- to be used either as M-Lok mounting points (so that you can then attach a M-Lok QD cup, or would allow you to mount an accessory such as the the IWC Mount-N-Slot.

Other possibilities for two-point mounting include direct-threading a sling such as the Proctor Sling or attaching a sling using the BFG Universal Wire Loop (https://www.blueforcegear.com/universal-wire-loop-uwl-3-25.html).

Back