testtest

Saint Vic. 308 stuck

GusBros

Alpha
Morning Folks, after a little mishap down range yesterday, I have a Federal 168gr. BTHP round lodged in the barrel. After disassembly I found the barrel wrench for my AR15 is not the correct tool. Has any one had problems with ammo and could you recommend a good barrel tool that fits this particular type of nut.

Attachments

• 00B2B31B-803D-4043-B4B5-DEDBD59002F6.jpeg
    00B2B31B-803D-4043-B4B5-DEDBD59002F6.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
Morning Folks, after a little mishap down range yesterday, I have a Federal 168gr. BTHP round lodged in the barrel. After disassembly I found the barrel wrench for my AR15 is not the correct tool. Has any one had problems with ammo and could you recommend a good barrel tool that fits this particular type of nut.
I've seen others here post that the barrel nut on the Saint can be removed with the BCM barrel nut tool.

I'm leaning towards possible short throat? If any other members here has used the ammo he did please speak up. Question? Was this the 1st round of this ammo?

I'm leaning towards possible short throat? If any other members here has used the ammo he did please speak up. Question? Was this the 1st round of this ammo?
About three weeks ago I put about 25 rounds thru it, same ammo for this, I was 6 Roy da into a zero and click, the bolt never seated into full battery. So the primer has not been struck. I’ve worked it two days now and it hasn’t moved. I’m currently looking for a gunsmith here in my area. I’ll post up what we find.

About three weeks ago I put about 25 rounds thru it, same ammo for this, I was 6 Roy da into a zero and click, the bolt never seated into full battery. So the primer has not been struck. I’ve worked it two days now and it hasn’t moved. I’m currently looking for a gunsmith here in my area. I’ll post up what we find.
Have you accounted for all of the brass ejected prior? Now it has me wondering if there was brass in the neck/throat area that caused it to be severely stuck? I had a 10mm carbine that did that. With the chargehandle broken at the gas key did you try and leverage it causing it to break? I mentioned the short throat because of a 243win (ar10) barrel that almost froze up a bcg.

No problems here shooting Federal 150 gr in my Saint Vic AR-10, haven't shot 168 gr.

Mine won't shoot Buffalo Adrenaline 7.62 149 gr. (I have a pile of this ammo) without constantly jamming them in the chamber similar to your problem but not as difficult to remove. I haven't actually tried any other 7.62 ammo either (which I should), just been sticking with different 308 ammos with no problems.

No problems here shooting Federal 150 gr in my Saint Vic AR-10, haven't shot 168 gr.

Mine won't shoot Buffalo Adrenaline 7.62 149 gr. (I have a pile of this ammo) without constantly jamming them in the chamber similar to your problem but not as difficult to remove. I haven't actually tried any other 7.62 ammo either (which I should), just been sticking with different 308 ammos with no problems.
Good to know, I built a 700 to reach out some distance and 168 is my go to for the 200-600 stuff I didn’t think about it till now. Lol. Stay Safe.

Have you accounted for all of the brass ejected prior? Now it has me wondering if there was brass in the neck/throat area that caused it to be severely stuck? I had a 10mm carbine that did that. With the chargehandle broken at the gas key did you try and leverage it causing it to break? I mentioned the short throat because of a 243win (ar10) barrel that almost froze up a bcg.
I gave it a cursory look when I picked it up (there were only 6) but I need to give them a closer look. I didn’t notice any scrapes or compression. I had this problem when I made an attempt to use my progressive press for my 5.56. But never anything this stuck. I still can’t get it out with a 2lb hammer. So I’m researching local professional talent.

Gunsmith, then send it back to SA immediately. I had a VERY bad experience with my Victor .308 and one of the issues was exactly what you just posted. I had to send it to SA three times and after the third time they finally replaced essentially the whole upper including barrel. Get it to them asap.

Back