testtest

Saint Vic. 308 stuck

Gunsmith, then send it back to SA immediately. I had a VERY bad experience with my Victor .308 and one of the issues was exactly what you just posted. I had to send it to SA three times and after the third time they finally replaced essentially the whole upper including barrel. Get it to them asap.
Good thinking. I spoke with them yesterday and that’s exactly what they recommended. I need to get this weapon secure first.

Update: ended up packaging the disassembled rifle up and shipping it back to S.A. They told me a few weeks and it was about 2, not bad turn around, however they didn’t include any evaluation or findings on the round lodged in the chamber. I’m thinking they merely chucked the bad parts and replaced they with new. Kinda what I figured anyways but it bugs the poop out of me not knowing WTH occurred. They replaced the Barrel, barrel nut, crush washer, ejection port cover pin, charging handle and muzzle break.
I have used an “RCBS” headspace gauge and checked the ammo and taken a measurement to the groves. Near as I can figure I’m about 20 thousandth off the groves which should be a safe spacing, anyone have other checks they have done or have a detailed map of the chamber? I’m not shoot competition with it (it’s only a light weight factory barrel) but it would be just piece of mind.
Stay Safe Y’all.

Update: ended up packaging the disassembled rifle up and shipping it back to S.A. They told me a few weeks and it was about 2, not bad turn around, however they didn’t include any evaluation or findings on the round lodged in the chamber. I’m thinking they merely chucked the bad parts and replaced they with new. Kinda what I figured anyways but it bugs the poop out of me not knowing WTH occurred. They replaced the Barrel, barrel nut, crush washer, ejection port cover pin, charging handle and muzzle break.
I have used an “RCBS” headspace gauge and checked the ammo and taken a measurement to the groves. Near as I can figure I’m about 20 thousandth off the groves which should be a safe spacing, anyone have other checks they have done or have a detailed map of the chamber? I’m not shoot competition with it (it’s only a light weight factory barrel) but it would be just piece of mind.
Stay Safe Y’all.
20 thou off with which bullet and seated to what coal?

Thank y’all it’s a great idea. At the time it broke the charging handle, trying to get it out the round and never fully seated, which lost the bolt halfway between full battery and not so the teeth were jammed. If it happens again I’ll give it a try.
On the other reply Im shooting Fed Gold Cup Match 168gr. BTHP, same bullet as a Speer 308 168gr. BTHP. I don’t have my book with me but O.A.L. Was in spec and Case length was 2.003 if I’m remembering correctly. I’ll double check that.

Thank y’all it’s a great idea. At the time it broke the charging handle, trying to get it out the round and never fully seated, which lost the bolt halfway between full battery and not so the teeth were jammed. If it happens again I’ll give it a try.
On the other reply Im shooting Fed Gold Cup Match 168gr. BTHP, same bullet as a Speer 308 168gr. BTHP. I don’t have my book with me but O.A.L. Was in spec and Case length was 2.003 if I’m remembering correctly. I’ll double check that.
Most are at 2.005", but if 2.003" works for you then have at it.

What ammo? I bought some cheap overseas “surplus military 7.62x51” that I’ve had a number of stick rounds. Turns out the only “surplus military” ammo they sell to the public is the stuff that doesn’t pass inspection. 🙄

What ammo? I bought some cheap overseas “surplus military 7.62x51” that I’ve had a number of stick rounds. Turns out the only “surplus military” ammo they sell to the public is the stuff that doesn’t pass inspection. 🙄
Ditto HGs reply that's it's a false statement.

Mil-surplus are either production over-runs, or stuff that reach the turn-over dates that countries establish for their stock.

Not Cheap, Federal Gold Match 168gr. HPBT.

Back