testtest

Scenario: Life Altering Choice

Just saying. My Granddaughter was in JROTC here. When not in drill weapons were cased, transported and stored by adult staff. Students were never permitted to wander the facility or campus with a weapon.
Doesn't matter any more. I see something suspicious at school or grocery 911. Monitor the situation and if necessary take appropriate action.
I supplied the jrotc into the mix as a "what if" to the stated scenario. Our students weren't permitted to freely roam with the drill rifles, and if carrying them from a vehicle into the building/building to vehicle, it was a very short trip from the classroom to the vehicle outside. Air rifles were cased (plastic rifle cases) once we raised money through fund raising activities. Out of curiosity, which service branch of jrotc is at your local school?

Our students weren't permitted to freely roam with the drill rifles, and if carrying them from a vehicle into the building/building to vehicle, it was a very short trip from the classroom to the vehicle outside. Air rifles were cased (plastic rifle cases) once we raised money through fund raising activities. Out of curiosity, which service branch of jrotc is at your local school?
Well it's Navy! But in my Air Force career I have worked closely with Navy.

Well it's Navy! But in my Air Force career I have worked closely with Navy.
Ours is Navy also. :) . We had 50 M1A1 drill demilitarized (inoperable) rifles while I was there, and I certainly carried my share of them during my 16 yr tenure there, but the students were doing their fair share of the carrying task also. Being demilitarized, those "rifles" were basically 9lb toys.:)

Ours is Navy also. :) . We had 50 M1A1 drill demilitarized (inoperable) rifles while I was there, and I certainly carried my share of them during my 16 yr tenure there, but the students were doing their fair share of the carrying task also. Being demilitarized, those "rifles" were basically 9lb toys.:)
Program was Navy. most of the time she was there the instructor was Army. Students could get a 3 day suspension for presenting a "Finger Gun" at the school. So, even a squirt gun is a no no.

That‘s the issue I always worry about in an active shooting incident scenario like this. If I engage, will someone else with a gun or quick police response, think I’m the active shooter or an accomplice? With all the hectic excitement, adrenaline, & shouting, will I hear commands to drop the weapon? I agree, some sort of action (not necessarily shooting), would be required on my part aside from calling 911, I’m just worried on a bad outcome in a incident such as this that could unfold.
My CCW instructor advised us to yell out "call 911" if we are ever in a highly public area and find ourselves having to use deadly force. His thought was not very many police or CCW holders will shoot a guy screaming call 911 but would instead decide that he is a fellow good guy. I just pray I never have a need to find out.

Those type of guns should have an orange or red color on the end of the barrel, but it could have been painted. Get his attention and draw him away. If you have your gun drawn then he is in defense.
I recently bought a CO2 BB pistol to tinker with in the backyard with the grandsons, and I was surprised to find out that the barrel tip wasn't painted orange/red. The pistols are also kept in a locked case. Dang thing looks real too.

I recently bought a CO2 BB pistol to tinker with in the backyard with the grandsons, and I was surprised to find out that the barrel tip wasn't painted orange/red. The pistols are also kept in a locked case. Dang thing looks real too.
Most BB/pellet guns I've seen in NH don't have any markings to tell it's not a firearm. There is a Crossman AR pellet rifle that 99% of people would probably mistake for the real thing that I seen at tractor supply.

Most BB/pellet guns I've seen in NH don't have any markings to tell it's not a firearm. There is a Crossman AR pellet rifle that 99% of people would probably mistake for the real thing that I seen at tractor supply.
The one I bought is a Daisy 426 (pic below), bought at Walmart for around $20. Fun for poking holes in paper in the backyard, but not a lot of distance with it. The dang thing will fit in my Alien Gear Holster that I have for the XD Mod2.
20200112_093655.jpg

I live within a block of a school and I get worried of my young son using his pellet rifle in the woods behind my house that someone may act out without making sure there is an actual threat.
"This is just a personal thought and is not meant to be part of the thread question".
I had a friend that got taken down by a swat team for carrying his pellet gun.

My CCW instructor advised us to yell out "call 911" if we are ever in a highly public area and find ourselves having to use deadly force. His thought was not very many police or CCW holders will shoot a guy screaming call 911 but would instead decide that he is a fellow good guy. I just pray I never have a need to find out.
Depends on the city. They might. just take their phones out for a video.

One time she pushed me in some shrubbery , so I shot he in the leg with a bb gun. She ran in the house and told our dad, so he came out and I explained what took place. His reaction was and I quote "You shouldn't have pushed him in the shrub and went back in the house. I was about 10 and she was 15. Maybe that's why she's mad.

I'd call 911. Describe the person in question. Describe MYSELF, as a good guy. Keep eyes on the person, and keep 911 on the line (bluetooth in the car should pick up any environmental noises as well as my getting out of the car if anything happens). Eyeball the person. Try and station between them and an 'objective' if they have one; let the 911 operator call the school. If the person acts...use the element of surprise and leave the phone line OPEN so 911 can hear everything.

Shoot? Nope.

Shoot BACK? ABSOLUTELY.

As an educator, we had to get clarification from the school district if we could keep a weapon in our vehicles if we had a concealed carry license. Luckily they said we could. The state actually allows school districts to arm teachers if they choose.

As an educator we had to get clarification from the school district if we could keep a weapon in our vehicles if we had concealed carry license. Luckily they said we could. The state actually allows school districts to arm teachers if they choose.
I have seen some of the local teachers shoot and function their gun. Now I'm more scared for my kids. I had a talk with the superintendent about it.

I have seen some of the local teachers shoot and function their gun. Now I'm more scared for my kids. I had a talk with the superintendent about it.
Truthfully that is a fantastic point. I believe the district decides on the qualifications and that would worry the crap out of me. I have seen some law enforcement shoot and that is concerning enough.

Here in Texas I know 4 of the instructors that teach the teachers so they can carry inside a school and act as a first responder in the case of a school shooting. It’s not a easy course and the teachers here in Texas must pass every end of the course to be allowed to carry inside the school. I feel safer with these teachers in our schools.

Back