testtest

Scenario: Life Altering Choice

Here in Texas I know 4 of the instructors that teach the teachers so they can carry inside a school and act as a first responder in the case of a school shooting. It’s not a easy course and the teachers here in Texas must pass every end of the course to be allowed to carry inside the school. I feel safer with these teachers in our schools.
That is what I like to hear. As an educator I would volunteer if my district asked, but I would push for the most rigorous training possible.

Here in Texas I know 4 of the instructors that teach the teachers so they can carry inside a school and act as a first responder in the case of a school shooting. It’s not a easy course and the teachers here in Texas must pass every end of the course to be allowed to carry inside the school. I feel safer with these teachers in our schools.
I know they're picked somehow and they do training for it here also. I'm in a town of less than 3k. In lew of everything that's going on, I understand why they do it. I would rather have a gun in my kids hand than theirs, because I know how I train them. They would probably get shot.

I know they're picked somehow and they do training for it here also. I'm in a town of less than 3k. In lew of everything that's going on, I understand why they do it. I would rather have a gun in my kids hand than theirs, because I know how I train them. They would probably get shot.
I understand your concern and there’s nothing wrong with that. All I can tell you to calm your mind is that I’d trust the training these teachers go through over most police trainings.

No matter what you do,especially in todays environment first thing that's going to happen is.Your going to jail.At least until things get sorted out.As I said in another post.When you shoot someone.your life changes forever.No matter how "In the right you are". People need to know the legal aspects of shooting someone.It's fine to say "I would take him out".I think about it and know in my own mind what my boundries are. Clint Eastwood had a good line in "the unforgiven" When you kill a man.you take away everything he is and everything he will be.For the record.I spent 6 years in the Marines.From 1962 to 1968.I know of what I speak. Be prepared,but be prepared to live with it. Peace brothers

No matter what you do,especially in todays environment first thing that's going to happen is.Your going to jail.At least until things get sorted out.As I said in another post.When you shoot someone.your life changes forever.No matter how "In the right you are". People need to know the legal aspects of shooting someone.It's fine to say "I would take him out".I think about it and know in my own mind what my boundries are. Clint Eastwood had a good line in "the unforgiven" When you kill a man.you take away everything he is and everything he will be.For the record.I spent 6 years in the Marines.From 1962 to 1968.I know of what I speak. Be prepared,but be prepared to live with it. Peace brothers
Well said sir.

Remember, the laws that apply to that kid apply to you also! That may sound like a terse statement, but I would suggest you read the Guns Free School Zone Act and the exceptions to it. Then read your particular State laws regarding gun free zones. That kid may have just as much right to be where he is with a gun as you! Call 911 and let the police sort it out.

Bloodknight said:

Very well said. And that is why I truly hope, for all of us, that this remains a strictly hypothetical discussion.

I tell myself that I'll react similarly to the gentleman in the Texas church - "I didn't kill a man, I stopped an evil". As far as I'm concerned, if you open up on a room full of innocents, you have forfeited your place in our society. My mindset - here typing on a keyboard, anyway - is that makes them a target, and not a person, and hopefully that will enable me to act decisively and quickly.

I tell myself that.
I don't know.
I honestly hope I never find out...but I'd prefer to have to live with it, as opposed to the alternative (not being prepared, and not surviving the event because of it).

You're driving by a school mid day and see a teenage kid walking towards the school with what appears to be a long gun in hand what do you do?
Run him down. No other choice if ur sure its a gun! Do you want to be throwing bullets around a school yard?? What if it goes thru & thru?? Cars ur best option. Who ever said get to the school & lock it down, do you know how long that takes !?!?!!? What you don't think he could shoot through the windows?? I was in a Walmart parking lot & a guy pulled a knife on me I drew down on him. Leme tell u a milion things go thru ur mind right then & something almost went thru his but to many people in the back ground. U have to always think about consequences folks...

The teachers/staff here have to complete a 120 hour course and qualify just the same as the LEO that trains them. They also come to the schools (during off days for the children) and practice clearing drills with the deputies to establish a good working relationship.
In a world where this is an unfortunate necessity they are doing as much as they can to be effective and safe about it.

The teachers/staff here have to complete a 120 hour course and qualify just the same as the LEO that trains them. They also come to the schools (during off days for the children) and practice clearing drills with the deputies to establish a good working relationship.
In a world where this is an unfortunate necessity they are doing as much as they can to be effective and safe about it.
Your absolutely right it is an unfortunate necessity. Personally I’m glad that schools are doing this now.

That‘s the issue I always worry about in an active shooting incident scenario like this. If I engage, will someone else with a gun or quick police response, think I’m the active shooter or an accomplice? With all the hectic excitement, adrenaline, & shouting, will I hear commands to drop the weapon? I agree, some sort of action (not necessarily shooting), would be required on my part aside from calling 911, I’m just worried on a bad outcome in a incident such as this that could unfold.
Agree with this, probably what I would and think to do.

Just my opinion.If you get involved.your going to have to answer for your actions.In todays society.being right does not always work.Like I said.I thought long and hard about my boundries.It may not agree with others,but it is what I can live with.Years ago things were much different. I remember stopping at a stop light.Getting out of the car.having a fist fight with a guy.When the light turned green,we got back in our cars & went on our way.Ive seen people recently have an argument and one was arrested by the police for saying the "F" word to his neighbor. Take in to consideration that you can be setting up yourself and your family for a lot of grief.Depending what choices you make.

Just my opinion.If you get involved.your going to have to answer for your actions.In todays society.being right does not always work.Like I said.I thought long and hard about my boundries.It may not agree with others,but it is what I can live with.Years ago things were much different. I remember stopping at a stop light.Getting out of the car.having a fist fight with a guy.When the light turned green,we got back in our cars & went on our way.Ive seen people recently have an argument and one was arrested by the police for saying the "F" word to his neighbor. Take in to consideration that you can be setting up yourself and your family for a lot of grief.Depending what choices you make.
Good breakdown and definitely something to think about.

If you don't get involved and several kids wind up dead, you would have to live with yourself. There is no easy answer for something like this, but it definitely helps to think about it beforehand. I think the best solution is armed, well trained educators. In my mind, for what it is worth, if an entity specifies itself as a gun free zone, then that entity must accept the responsibility to provide for the safety of those on the premises, especially kids.

Back