testtest

Seems like Colt is introducing new 2020 Python

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Interesting. I just received an Email from Hyatt Guns that they are taking preorders for 2020 Colt Pythons (.357/.38 Special). I know it's not Springfield Armory related, but thought I'd share as it's one of the iconic revolves out there (I have a used one that I purchased for a small fortune).

Interested in seeing one in the flesh when they finally hit the stores.
I recall reading that MSRP is gonna be in the neighborhood of $1400, (ugh). If the price was more in line with S&W 586/686's I might bite but for double that I'll just continue to be happy with my no dash 586's.

Miracles do happen with the announcement of the new Python.

I'm very interested in the new King Cobra Target. Already have a legacy Python so after a new King Cobra maybe a new Python also.

I'd like to see Colt also resurrect the Diamondback in 22lr.

Last edited:
the python has been on my all time gun gotta list since....well lits just say a long time. I never really got serious cause of the price till now...1499 is msrp. so hopefully they will come in in the mid 1300 range...I know that seems like a lot, but for us colt die hards, its almost expected. I will look forward to the release date like Ralphie waiting for the red rider.....hope I don't shoot my eye out!!!

Being an old fart here, I have owned several pythons over the years, all before the 1986 Colt strike. They were great guns, I hope the new python is as good as before, I may have to get one.

You guys buy the new ones. I have an Anaconda I bought for my 39th birthday(1995), still got the receipt for $495.00 (i think thats how much , might have been $395.00) . I have several Colts and a Jacket from the Colt factory. all retired in a controlled enviroment

You guys buy the new ones. I have an Anaconda I bought for my 39th birthday(1995), still got the receipt for $495.00 (i think thats how much , might have been $395.00) . I have several Colts and a Jacket from the Colt factory. all retired in a controlled enviroment
I also have a used Anaconda I bought for a bit more than you paid (ok, a lot more but not as much as my used Python). I‘m guessing when Colt starts getting up to the 44 Mag caliber, they’ll reintroduce a new Anaconda model sometime down the road.

Here's another video from GunTalkMedia with a Colt representative showing the new Pythons. Seems like they made it with stronger steel, and overall better than the original with current day machine manufacturing. Interesting.

Back