testtest

Should You Not Carry a Gun?

42 years in LE, 10 years as a PI, bodyguard, and firearms trainer. I have been armed every day of my adult life, 52 years and counting. All my family know the gunfighter seat is mine is restaurants and Mrs Greener and I can spot an officer or operator by the way they enter a room. It is a mindset that never leaves you. We prepare for the worst and hope for the best. With 25 rounds of 45 acp and an attitude on board.
I have a few years on you, and both my wife and I carry every day, even around the house. My wife always lets me sit with my back against the wall. Even before entering I observe the area, the entrance/exit, and on entering I scan the crowd. Over the years I have developed an attitude of not trusting people including some "friends", a couple cops.

I have been in two shoot or don't shoot situations. The first was with mentally impaired person who just needed attention, had weapon but never aimed it. I did not fire. The second was at a local bar that without a doubt all the patrons and the owners hated cops. My closest back up was from another department parked across the street in the patrol car, he happened to be friends with the owners of the bar. In reality, I had no friends or back up at the time. I finally talked the drunk to put the shot gun down and I had remained hidden as much as possible behind my patrol vehicle. It was afterward I realize dispatch had not been paying attention, my own department had not responded. It was the deciding factor that led to my resignation and re-entering the military.
Was I right, we will never know, but I have now decided it is me or the perp walking away, no question, it will be me.
Nowolfalone:, I'm sorry to hear those incidents took place while you were on the job. In my 38 years of LE I never had to experience that situation. I believe you made the correct decision in leaving that department as it sounds as though they were delebrately trying to place you in jeopardy. That is certainly not a good environment to work in. I wish you the best in re-entering the military and hope you find the MOS that you really want to do. Best of luck

42 years in LE, 10 years as a PI, bodyguard, and firearms trainer. I have been armed every day of my adult life, 52 years and counting. All my family know the gunfighter seat is mine is restaurants and Mrs Greener and I can spot an officer or operator by the way they enter a room. It is a mindset that never leaves you. We prepare for the worst and hope for the best. With 25 rounds of 45 acp and an attitude on board.
HayesGreener, That's what I'm talking about brother. My best to you and your wife.

Back