testtest

Show off your 1911

Which one!? I only have about 25 or so. I'd have to count again.
But here is my first 1911. A Sig Sauer Nitron in .45 ACP with grips that my nephew got me for Marine Corps Birthday in 2016.

Attachments

• Sig1911EGA.jpg
    Sig1911EGA.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 140
Well, I’m not even close on owning that number of 1911s. But my buddy at my LGS, at one time owned 80 1911s & was big into 1911 competitions. He had to sell them all when financial difficulties arose.

I was more referring to the massive monetary outlay in such a small amount of time. :p

I have a 3" EMP in 9mm. Very easy to carry, very reliable. Came from the factory with a front sight that was way too tall, causing me to shoot low with it consistently. I replaced the front sight with a lower Dawson fiber optic. It doesn't shoot the greatest groups, but I still like it a lot.
I too own an EMP 3" and am sampling various brands/types of ammo. Curious, what ammo for self-defense are you happy with that doesn't cause feeding issues?

Like most things guns, brands are mostly preference. However, not all 1911-A1's are manufactured alike.

Reputation is generally a good indicator of quality. But we gotta keep in mind that there'll be people who'll find fault with Omega Speedmaster, the official watch of NASA, and a copy of which was directly responsible for saving lives of Apollo 13 astronauts.

A full-size 1911-A1 should be engraved upon Mt Rushmore. Dump the bald eagle. Make the 1911-A1 the official symbol of the USA. We need to returned to gold-back currency. A ounce US gold coin should have the likeness of John Moses Browning on its head side and the likeness of a full-size 1911-A1 on it's tail side.

As for me, I've sold all of my former 1911-A1's and have gone with strictly Springfield Armory. Other 1911-A1 aficionados have identical affinity for their favorite brands. As long as they're reliable and accurate, we gotta go with their making right choices for them.

I could write a book about why I've decided to sell my former 1911-A1's, including 2 Colts, and throwing in with Springfield Armory. I did do a lot of research. I've talked with law enforcement armorers, one of who flat told me that the Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto should be the official and only firearm of all of America's police agencies. It would make sense for all of America's cops to carry the identical duty firearm. But that's not possible with bureaucrats screwing up the simple. Imagine how efficient it would be were a cop from Anaheim Police Department, in pursuit of a dangerous, fleeing felon to Rampart where LAPD cops were waiting to assume command and control, and able to hand the Anaheim cop a replacement TRP because his took a round during the pursuit?

Many manufacturers market top flight 1911-A1's. It pares to individual preference and brand loyalty.

I will not reveal the brand name: I've heard more shooters' dissatisfaction about a purportedly "premium" manufacturer of 1911-A1's than all other brands combined. That brand seems to be over-represented in the preowned 1911-A1 market.

I've never heard of a complaint from a Springfield Armory shooter except concerning one issue involving guns sold only in CA. The irony is it's CA DOJ's firearms roster's fault, not SA's. Within 2 weeks and at no expense, SA Custom Shop had my EMP 3 shooting like a Stradivarius. That gun is 100% reliable and incredibly accurate, which is my segue to this: Springfield Armory's excellent customer service is unequaled in American industry, not merely firearms. SA's customer service professionals are extremely respectful and dedicated to customer satisfaction. Samsung makes excellent TV's. Try talking to a living, breathing Samsung customer service representative. Good luck with that ;-)
What did SA Custom Shop do to your EMP 3? I've heard they no longer accept guns for custom work. Was that false information?

Here are my two. One is my grandfathers 1943 M 1911 A1. It's obviously got a fair amount of wear and the "idiot scratch" from its previous handling. And I doubt anyone on the internet ever scolded him for dropping the slide on it. It still shoots straight but I know it's really too valuable to be putting rounds through it.

I was drawn to the SA 1911 mil-spec as it seemed to be the best American made clone. I had to wait a month to get it as they seem to be on back order these days.
i-Rn9LrBF-L.jpg
Personally, I don't have a problem with wear on a gun. To me it shows character.

I went a long time without a firearm. Sold what I had when my first son was born. Wife didn’t feel comfortable as I had no safe and just kept them in a drawer. In 2019, IL tried to shove through a bill that would have essentially banned every semi-automatic gun period. I decided that the dry spell was over.

I don’t know exactly how much I spend on guns and ammo but it’s been in excess of $40k/yr since January 19, 2019. My new year’s resolution was to curb the spending and build my vault but so far, I’ve bought 3 revolvers and 3 1911s and it’s not even mid February yet.

As for 1911s, I haven’t spent a ton of time on those. I think I bought my first one around April 2020. But these are what I have.

I bought both RIA Baby Rocks, the BBR 3.10 and the 380. The .380 is one I sold.
0FA5FD49-2E38-4430-813D-84BB61F1499E.jpeg

S&W E Series in .45
174AB84D-683D-4F06-BBFE-E3EB08218DCD.jpeg

Pair of hard chrome American Classics in .45

21BEDD50-A905-4DA8-A7B2-D0EE79843B8D.jpeg

Pair of Citidel Madagascars in 9mm. I just sold these a few days ago. To make room for upgrades.
FDD3DF05-F4AA-46A1-9C2A-D5E0147DECBE.jpeg

I just ordered a Springfield Loaded in .45 so this is the factory pic. It’s not here yet.
29160AFE-3281-45F4-8EB1-7A53AACF9278.jpeg

Kimber Stainless II in 10mm. I ordered a pair of these but I believe my brother is laying claim to one of them.
D48DA158-4696-44A8-8782-75BA1B9269A3.jpeg

There will be many more coming.

Last edited:
My1911's Top one is a Kimber Custom TLE/RL ll 10mm with Crimson Trace laser grip and Streamlight TLR7 tac light.

Bottom one is a Rock Island Armory M1911 A1 in 9mm I shoot the RI more than the Kimber because of of the cheaper Ammo costs. The Kimber took a while to break in. Approximately 600-700 rounds, but now that it is broke in. The pistol performs flawlessly and is very accurate! The RI 1911 has been performing great since day one! Both are a blast to shoot at the range!

Attachments

• IMG_20220312_105014067.jpg
    IMG_20220312_105014067.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
Nice pair!
I was just happy the picture doesn’t show the idiot mark on the RO, still can’t pop the slide stop in without using a tool/finger nail to depress the plunger tube even after 1k rounds. Of course I learned that lesson after my first time taking it down and cleaning it. Next up might be a mil-spec, was thinking of using it as a “practice” gun so I can try fitting parts and modifications on my own. Don’t want to use operator for that lol.

Back