testtest

Show off your 1911

I was just happy the picture doesn’t show the idiot mark on the RO, still can’t pop the slide stop in without using a tool/finger nail to depress the plunger tube even after 1k rounds. Of course I learned that lesson after my first time taking it down and cleaning it. Next up might be a mil-spec, was thinking of using it as a “practice” gun so I can try fitting parts and modifications on my own. Don’t want to use operator for that lol.
We have all had the “idiot” scratch at one time…..😬

I was just happy the picture doesn’t show the idiot mark on the RO, still can’t pop the slide stop in without using a tool/finger nail to depress the plunger tube even after 1k rounds. Of course I learned that lesson after my first time taking it down and cleaning it. Next up might be a mil-spec, was thinking of using it as a “practice” gun so I can try fitting parts and modifications on my own. Don’t want to use operator for that lol.
On my Spingers, I file a small round notch on the slide stop edge where it contacts the plunger on insertion. No more using something to push the plunger in…
( iirc, my Wilson already has that notch; it came that way ).

On my RO Operator, Kimber’s and Sig, the slide stop goes in smooth and easy, now on my 2 Colt pistols, they are real rough to put back in even if I try to depress the plunger tube tips, I think the last time I could get the one seated, I made up a few new swear words…….😵

Last edited:
The operator was no issue to pop slide stop in, already broke it down and cleaned it. I should of thought to file it, I will take a look and see what I have on hand. Now that I have a couple 1911’s and plan for more, I should buy some good files that are just for guns. Thanks for the tip.

If you got it line up correctly you would not need a tool

Last edited:
08D2239A-80D7-40F9-A303-431963873903.jpeg

My new 1911 Emissary 45ACP what a beautiful gun and sweet smooth shooter, definitely two heavy to carry but with the TLR-2 HL I couldn’t find a holster for it anyway so it’s my nightstand gun.
I want to add the grip looks and IS very aggressive and I love it. The gun feels solid in my hand and completely controllable.

Last edited:
Back