testtest

Show off your 1911

Frank 2041 and annihilator both nice pick ups. Still cant believe Ranfe officer line is no more.

That RAI has one of my personal favorite color concepts similar to colt m45a1 or Kimber desert Eagle. I am a big fan of brown and fde color concepts. Unfortunately not many production 1911 come that way. Good looking gun.

Springfield Mil-Spec .45 ACP - my daily carry gun for several years now, everyone knows what they look like.
Remington UMC 230gr ball.
24 rounds
15 yards
Two hand grip, shot faster than "Timed Fire" not as fast as "Rapid Fire".
6 o'clock hold.
I called the 10 o'clock shot.
Shot yesterday.

Attachments

• isMD4dV.jpg
    isMD4dV.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 130
Springfield Mil-Spec .45 ACP - my daily carry gun for several years now, everyone knows what they look like.
Remington UMC 230gr ball.
24 rounds
15 yards
Two hand grip, shot faster than "Timed Fire" not as fast as "Rapid Fire".
6 o'clock hold.
I called the 10 o'clock shot.
Shot yesterday.
OUTSTANDING! I recently found one at our local range that was a trade in. Appeared to have no use at all. It is an older model that came in the blue SA box with two magazines, holster and belt magazine holder. Wanted a 1911 that I would do nothing to but shoot. The only thing I did do was a Wilson Combat flat wire recoil spring. Ihave only fired two mags through it because I wanted to be sure I could police my brass. The spring not only makes it very smooth to cycle the brass jumps up and falls close to my side. Fixing to put a couple hundred rounds through it.

OUTSTANDING! I recently found one at our local range that was a trade in. Appeared to have no use at all. It is an older model that came in the blue SA box with two magazines, holster and belt magazine holder. Wanted a 1911 that I would do nothing to but shoot. The only thing I did do was a Wilson Combat flat wire recoil spring. Ihave only fired two mags through it because I wanted to be sure I could police my brass. The spring not only makes it very smooth to cycle the brass jumps up and falls close to my side. Fixing to put a couple hundred rounds through it.
Thanks. They are great guns right out of the box. Mine has a Wolff 16 lb. recoil spring in it, I replace them every few thousand rounds. Otherwise it is exactly as it came from Springfield. I use Chip McCormick 8 rnd. magazines in it.

I only own two. One is a heretic and is a Remington R1 Limited in .40 S&W...

IMG_20210217_180858379.jpg

The other was given to me by my dad for Christmas. It's a base model Colt that he began customizing and lost interest in.

I thought I would add a custom trigger, beavertail grip safety, and extended safety. I had no idea just how complicated and expensive it is to customize a 1911. The parts aren't too bad, but finding a competent gunsmith these days is nearly impossible and pretty expensive.

IMG_20220305_112547571.jpg

Back