testtest

Show off your 1911

Only have one 1911. Need more.

Attachments

• 20220923_154405.jpg
    20220923_154405.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 101
After the first range session, which included my preferred woods round (Underwood 200gr HCFN), I knew a stronger recoil spring was in order. Dropped in a WC #24 spring and swapped out the pretty grips for some rubber Hogues, since this gun will get carried in the field a lot. Another range sesssion with the new spring today, and it's running great.

Ronin 10mm Field.jpeg

Yes, according to the SA website, the TRP Operator has been discontinued for all models except the California compliant model(s). While talking to the SA rep at the LGS for the Prodigy promotion, he mentioned SA didn’t dare take firearms off the CA approved list not knowing if the could get other firearms back on. Another customer overheard us talking, and like you wanted and was looking for a TRP Operator, the SA rep and I suggested he ordered the CA compliant model from the LGS, which he did.
I may be missing something but help me to understand the “CA Compliant” designation, I would think the less then 10 round magazine would make any 1911 CA Compliant??

That TRP is a sweet looking gun.

I may be missing something but help me to understand the “CA Compliant” designation, I would think the less then 10 round magazine would make any 1911 CA Compliant??

That TRP is a sweet looking gun.
In order to be 'CA Compliant' it needs to be on their approved roster (in addition to being less than 10 rounds). You would think they could just approve all 1911s as one blanket category, but their goal is not simplicity.

Hi,

In order to be 'CA Compliant' it needs to be on their approved roster (in addition to being less than 10 rounds). You would think they could just approve all 1911s as one blanket category, but their goal is not simplicity.

It seems anything too "scary" to the liberals will not make it on the roster. I never found any rhyme or reason. The anti-gun lobby would rather have NO guns on the "approved" roster.

My Garrison (PX9420) is not on the roster. I had to move away from the Left Coast to purchase one.

There are currently only 814 handguns "approved" for sale in the state. The AR style rifles have ridiculous restrictions on them, grip fins, no quick-change (10 round) magazines, etc. Of course, ALL the criminals follow these guidelines. 😉 Don't get me started.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Since I have been carrying the 1968 vintage Colt Commander I have made a couple mods including ambi safety, beavertail and memory bump grip safety, and just added Mag Grip with magwell, which all make the old girl much more functional. I will send the slide off to Trijicon to get HD night sights installed. Keeping all the old parts so I can put it back original but I want it functional as my back up carry gun.

Attachments

• 20221003_084529.jpg
    20221003_084529.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Since I have been carrying the 1968 vintage Colt Commander I have made a couple mods including ambi safety, beavertail and memory bump grip safety, and just added Mag Grip with magwell, which all make the old girl much more functional. I will send the slide off to Trijicon to get HD night sights installed. Keeping all the old parts so I can put it back original but I want it functional as my back up carry gun.
Very nice 😘

Back