testtest

Show off your Every Day Carry!

After changing the trigger and running another 200rds this is my new primary carry. Hellcat Pro with a Holosun 507 in a Muddy River Tactical holster. I also enjoy the Blues ;)
View attachment 33447
I've been looking at Muddy River Tactical holsters. They seem like good people to deal with. I like the informational videos they put out about their products. Good information. Even an old "gun nut" like me learned a few things...:)

I've been looking at Muddy River Tactical holsters. They seem like good people to deal with. I like the informational videos they put out about their products. Good information. Even an old "gun nut" like me learned a few things...:)
Agree. Great customer service and I do like their OWB Kydex Holsters. Comfortable, Concealable, and Sturdy IMO.

Agree. Great customer service and I do like their OWB Kydex Holsters. Comfortable, Concealable, and Sturdy IMO.
Agree. I have 3 of them now. And a couple double mag carriers. When you order a mag carrier they are single, but if you put in the notes that you want a double he makes it a double at no extra charge.

I've not ventured into his IWB holsters yet, but those leather ones look pretty damn nice. I will never buy a full kydex IWB holster. Gotta have leather against the body.

clothing dependent rotation...Also Wilson XL grip module for the Xmacro monstrostity (bottom left) with standard 3.7" barrel.
20221216_194308.jpg

Last edited:
DA525AA9-AF9D-4D89-8D64-31FA477D7FBD.jpeg

Daily load out for me. XD-S straddles my three o’clock belt loop with the Kabar Navy Mk1. Buck 110 goes in my left front pocket. Leatherman Wave+, Raptor and bit kit in double mag pouch that straddles my 9 o’clock belt loop. Single mag carrier goes directly behind double mag pouch.

On the odd occasion I feel like wearing two guns generally the Sig P220 takes the Xds’s spot and the xds goes in an ankle holster. Other option is xds stays put and the taurus 85 rides my ankle.

I was just on their website Muddy Tactical. Seems like really good quality stuff. I am comtemplating placing an order with them...Was looking at the leather IWB but was wondering if it collapses after you draw your weapon out ?
I've been carrying my EDC in one for about six months. It does not collapse when the gun is removed, but it is always advisable to remove the holster from your waist prior to re-holstering. An ounce of prevention and all.

Agree. I have 3 of them now. And a couple double mag carriers. When you order a mag carrier they are single, but if you put in the notes that you want a double he makes it a double at no extra charge.

I've not ventured into his IWB holsters yet, but those leather ones look pretty damn nice. I will never buy a full kydex IWB holster. Gotta have leather against the body.
Know what you mean on leather. If I'm going IWB for any length of time I use a Crossbreed Horsehide or a MTR custom leather. Recently purchased a Black Arch Protos (a Hybrid) and currently not to impressed while wearing, seems very thick.

Found a new rig with the bulky winter clothes: 😁🤪
MP5 baby . 😎😆

————
“Designed for domestic and foreign operations where maximum firepower needs to be discreetly carried, the DSD™ from DeSantis® is the answer. This rig allows the user to carry a SMG as well as an additional 2 full-sized magazines all the while presenting no visible weapons. Both hands of the security agent are free to open doors, manipulate crowds and direct the assigned principal's direction. The rig features a "quick-detach" system that allows for rapid disengagement of the weapon from the rig if an extended incident engagement occurs”
11319186-D5D7-4698-ACC6-FACDF8AE575F.jpeg

MP5 baby . 😎😆

————
“Designed for domestic and foreign operations where maximum firepower needs to be discreetly carried, the DSD™ from DeSantis® is the answer. This rig allows the user to carry a SMG as well as an additional 2 full-sized magazines all the while presenting no visible weapons. Both hands of the security agent are free to open doors, manipulate crowds and direct the assigned principal's direction. The rig features a "quick-detach" system that allows for rapid disengagement of the weapon from the rig if an extended incident engagement occurs”View attachment 33766

I am sure it works fine. But, maybe it's just my age, not sure what hand you use to draw. Looks practically impossible, but I could be wrong. No way I could get my right hand onto the grip, and not sure my shoulder would extend far enough to wrap my left hand around the grip. It would seem to me, to be more effective with the grip facing other direction. Esoecially if dealing with a cover garment at the same time. Maybe I need to work on my flexibility...

I am sure it works fine. But, maybe it's just my age, not sure what hand you use to draw. Looks practically impossible, but I could be wrong. No way I could get my right hand onto the grip, and not sure my shoulder would extend far enough to wrap my left hand around the grip. It would seem to me, to be more effective with the grip facing other direction. Esoecially if dealing with a cover garment at the same time. Maybe I need to work on my flexibility...
Answers your “Operator” status 🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪🤪

Answers your “Operator” status 🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪🤪
Lol, never claimed to be an operator indeed, there seem to be so many online. This conversation got me to wondering so messing around with a chest holster got a pistol in the approximate location. Butt rearward on one side and butt forward on other. To my surprise I could access weapon in either orientation tolerably well. But better in the traditional butt forward orientation of most shoulder holsters. Then i added a cover garment.

Adding the sweep of moving a cover garment away and drawing is very inconvient butt rearward and unheld the cover garment can fall forward and interfere. But the same area butt forward was much easier and faster with the cover grmarment held away with off hand. Maybe with practice it would be better.

Lol like I said, probably just me. Lol so goes the curiosity and distractions of the retired country gentleman lolol.

Lol, never claimed to be an operator indeed, there seem to be so many online. This conversation got me to wondering so messing around with a chest holster got a pistol in the approximate location. Butt rearward on one side and butt forward on other. To my surprise I could access weapon in either orientation tolerably well. But better in the traditional butt forward orientation of most shoulder holsters. Then i added a cover garment.

Adding the sweep of moving a cover garment away and drawing is very inconvient butt rearward and unheld the cover garment can fall forward and interfere. But the same area butt forward was much easier and faster with the cover grmarment held away with off hand. Maybe with practice it would be better.

Lol like I said, probably just me. Lol so goes the curiosity and distractions of the retired country gentleman lolol.
I like grip forward with a chest / shoulder rig. Ease of use.
Here’s my WW2 style “chest” rig for 1911 while EDC hog hunting afield.
Taken from my game trail cam walking up to switch batteries

DE97858C-3BA3-4389-BB31-BC586792BEBD.jpeg

MP5 baby . 😎😆

————
“Designed for domestic and foreign operations where maximum firepower needs to be discreetly carried, the DSD™ from DeSantis® is the answer. This rig allows the user to carry a SMG as well as an additional 2 full-sized magazines all the while presenting no visible weapons. Both hands of the security agent are free to open doors, manipulate crowds and direct the assigned principal's direction. The rig features a "quick-detach" system that allows for rapid disengagement of the weapon from the rig if an extended incident engagement occurs”View attachment 33766
I carry my 10.5” unbraced pistol like this except it hangs under my left ( support) arm. Single point magpul MS-3 on an end plate QD mount. Can hide it under an overcoat easily. 😊

Back