testtest

Show off your Every Day Carry!

Thanks.

This is my Grail. Compact, high capacity, with an excellent trigger and ergos...literally no compromises whatsoever. Fits my hand like a glove, don’t even need to shift my grip to hit the mag release...wanted one for years, had a friend decide to part with his and I couldn't say yes fast enough.

I've shot this gun. It's infreakingcredibly accurate and smooth; slide is like it's on ball bearings, and will drill a golf ball sized, 15rd group at 15 yards with just a little bit of effort.

Best of all...it fits 1911 holsters, so I’m ready to roll with it after I get my carry load sorted.
It's certainly a beautiful weapon. A Wilson Combat 1911 is on my bucket list. Their shop is about 1.5 hours away from my house, I used to shoot IDPA over there long ago and far away.

It's certainly a beautiful weapon. A Wilson Combat 1911 is on my bucket list. Their shop is about 1.5 hours away from my house, I used to shoot IDPA over there long ago and far away.
I’m gonna let you in on something I learned when I bought my first high-end 1911 (Les Baer Custom Carry, my go-to .45 to this day).

You probably have 4-5 guns that you have but rarely shoot, that would be easily replaceable down the road if you wanted to (not talking about family guns, heirlooms, etc), that if you sold them, would come close to the price of a Wilson.

Move them. In my case, I sold an XDm and 2 Glocks to buy my Baer, and never regretted it.

I dumped a HK45C, a Sig P229, and a Savage 6.5CM to buy this Wilson—don’t miss one of them, and if I do down the road, they’re easy to replace.

I’m gonna let you in on something I learned when I bought my first high-end 1911 (Les Baer Custom Carry, my go-to .45 to this day).

You probably have 4-5 guns that you have but rarely shoot, that would be easily replaceable down the road if you wanted to (not talking about family guns, heirlooms, etc), that if you sold them, would come close to the price of a Wilson.

Move them. In my case, I sold an XDm and 2 Glocks to buy my Baer, and never regretted it.

I dumped a HK45C, a Sig P229, and a Savage 6.5CM to buy this Wilson—don’t miss one of them, and if I do down the road, they’re easy to replace.
That's some nice handguns and a nice rifle to trade in, but I can completely see the justification to do so to get that Wilson Combat 1911. One of my LGS is an official seller of Wilson Combat handguns and I'm telling you, I spend most of my time when I'm there perusing the Wilson Combat display.

I do have a few handguns, I call them "utility infielder" handguns that aren't necessarily the most glamorous handguns but they all go bang when I need them to. I have a retired Glock 22 Gen 3 .40 cal that I'm not sure I could part with simply because it's track record is astonishing. YEARS of IDPA shooting, target shooting, any and all kinds of ammo put thru it and not one failure to fire or eject. I bought it in 2000 so it's 21 years old now and I keep it in a bug out bag in my closet. Granted, it was broken down and cleaned after each shooting session over the years, but it's all original except for after market night sights, my third set now....lol, the two previous sets finally dimmed to the point they weren't useful in the dark any longer. But I do have a couple more Glocks that are there just in case, some Taurus handguns that I've customized quite a bit. BUT, to have a Wilson Combat 1911? I'll do some serious thinking about what you said. There's a Wilson Combat 1911 .45 cal at the gun store I mentioned, stainless finish with dark blue grips.....man it's one of the nicest handguns I've ever seen in my life.....but a hefty price tag also...lol

EDC.jpg

20210530_124513.jpg

20210530_130407.jpg

This year's latest. A few additions from last year's. The microtech and the Olight are new additions. The watch of course changes from day to day. Today an 80s Citizen Dolphin, one of my most comfortable watches.

I can see that so many like the hellcat sig p365, s w Ez etc for size and weight as EDC , but any thoughts about the HK VP9SK as EDC esp for lefties ?
Never used one but have heard good things. One family I know use nothing but HKs and swear by them.

I can see that so many like the hellcat sig p365, s w Ez etc for size and weight as EDC , but any thoughts about the HK VP9SK as EDC esp for lefties ?
The VP9SK is about as lefty friendly as they come. Ambi slide release, ambi mag release (and, truth be told, I think the paddle release is far superior to button mag release)...and, the grip can be customized for your hand, with a total of 9 panels & backstraps...27 different combinations, you can find the perfect setup for you.

It’s bigger than the Hellcat/365/etc, of course...about the same size as an XDS. But, it can also use 13rd P2k/USP compact magazines, or even the 15 and 17rd VP9 mags.

I'm willing to bet @HansGruber or @BET7 have one.

My personal opinion is that there are few if any manufacturers doing it better than HK. One that's right up there with them is another German company, Walther.
Yup, I have the VP9SK & it fit my hand like a glove when I first picked it up at my LGS (though I’m right handed). I just saw a GunMagWarehouse video where you can extend both the VP9 & VP9SK by two rounds, in the original magazine body. The kits come with new follower, spring & base plate, so it doesn’t increase the grip length when carrying concealed.
My VP9SK & my Walther CCP M2 are probably my two best hand fitting handguns I own. My new Walther PDP, is a close second.

Thank you all for your thoughts re HK VP9SK Seems better quality gun then some other compacts but harder to conceal . Any advise on IWB. holsters to help that ? Handling hellcat found slide grooves shallow and the grip like sandpaper ; local gun range /shops don't have one to try anyway nor a SA XS MOD2 which was my other thought . I have an Xdm elite 4.5 I love that I shoot at outdoor ranges . The mag release button needs a bit of grip adjustment to use but not a deal breaker , but interested in what the paddle release is like . The range does have a Hk VP9SK so I am going to try it out .

Thank you all for your thoughts re HK VP9SK Seems better quality gun then some other compacts but harder to conceal . Any advise on IWB. holsters to help that ? Handling hellcat found slide grooves shallow and the grip like sandpaper ; local gun range /shops don't have one to try anyway nor a SA XS MOD2 which was my other thought . I have an Xdm elite 4.5 I love that I shoot at outdoor ranges . The mag release button needs a bit of grip adjustment to use but not a deal breaker , but interested in what the paddle release is like . The range does have a Hk VP9SK so I am going to try it out .
When I bought my VP9SK, it was only available with the paddle Mag release. When at my LGS 2 months ago, my sales buddy tries to interest me in a VP9SK. I tell him “you sold me one a few years ago”, and he says “yeah but yours has the paddle release, this is a button release”. So it looks like you can get them with the button that some (like my buddy), prefer.

Back