testtest

So you thought you could register your braced pistol for free ?

Random thoughts -
(I live in AZ - so very 2A friendly state.)

1) If federal gun confiscation ever happens, we will have much bigger problems - i,e confiscation will not happen in a vacuum.
2) After the Patriot Act passed - none of us really have any privacy anyway. The Federal government does not need a gun registry to figure out firearms I own. If they want to zero in on me, they already have the means to do it and follow my gun ownership trail.
3) I always saw braced pistols as a tax stamp free loophole for an SBR. I've never seen one shot not from the shoulder and they have a barrel less than 16". My positive spin on this - "free SBR registration." I'm good registering and once approved add a stock or 2 and a vertical foregrip (if it makes sense on that particular firearm.)
4) if overturned - I think there will be a process for owners to void the registration.....I know, I know - "but, but...they now got your info..." (See #2 and 1).
5) Folks register NFA items everyday and are fine.
6) The legislature will not fix this. This leaves the courts. The courts will not resolve this by May 31, 2023.
7) I'm 58 - in this politically divided, center-right nation - the federal legislature will never pass any gun legislation that will negatively effect me personally - If Sandy Hook didn't make it happen, what will?

Now - having said all that -
1) It sucks if one has a braced pistol and lives in a state that prohibits SBRs. This is an issue.
2) The biggest issue is the individual who, in the last 10 years - bought a braced pistol and is not in touch with changing rules/interpretation. They will take out their braced pistol in front of the wrong person and get legally screwed.

I'd be good taking SBRs and Suppressors off the NFA list....but see #6 above.

Last edited:
Random thoughts -
1) If federal gun confiscation ever happens, we will have much bigger problems - i,e confiscation will not happen in a vacuum.
2) After the Patriot Act passed - none of us really have any privacy anyway. The Federal government does not need a gun registry to figure out firearms I own. If they want to zero in on me, they already have the means to do it and follow my gun ownership trail.
3) I always saw braced pistols as a loophole for a free SBR. I've never seen one shot not from the shoulder and they have a barrel less than 16". My positive spin on this - "free SBR registration." I'm good registering and once approved add a stock or 2 and a vertical foregrip (if it makes sense on that particular firearm.)
4) if overturned - I think there will be a process for owners to void the registration.....I know, I know - "but, but...they now got your info..." (See #2 and 1).
5) Folks register NFA items everyday and are fine.
6) The legislature will not fix this. This leaves the courts. The courts will not resolve this by May 31, 2023.
7) I'm 58 - in this politically divided, center-right nation - the federal legislature will never pass any gun legislation that will negatively effect me personally - If Sandy Hook didn't make it happen, what will?

Now - having said all that -
1) It sucks if one has a braced pistol and lives in a state that prohibits SBRs.
2) The biggest issue is the individual who, in the last 10 years - bought a braced pistol and is not in touch with changing rules/interpretation. They will take out their braced pistol in front of the wrong person and get legally screwed.

I'd be good taking SBRs and Suppressors off the NFA list....but see #6 above.
I have never shot one from the shoulder. Shouldered mine once and immediately removed the brace and it hasn't been back on there since. I run a single point sling adjusted so that the tube rests on my cheek. 4 Points of contact and infinitely more comfortable to me than shooting all cramped up. A braced pistol is nothing at all like a SBR.

In any case this is supposed to be America. We should be able to have whatever we want. Even if a braced pistol is a "Loophole" it's a loophole to a ridiculous and unconstitutional regulation. Giving in and " Going with the program" is not an option for me.

I agree that if confiscation ever happens the government can already get most of the information they need anyway, however, I am not talking about confiscation as I believe any attempt at large scale confiscation would lead to large scale "Civil unrest". Willfully registering your items for the feds however is very likely to fascilitate individual "Death by 1000 cuts" bans and certainly is meant to entrap honest, law abiding citizens in a web of confusion and trick them into unwittingly committing federal gun crimes.

Anyway, Bassbob ain't registering :poop: with the government. I don't need or want a brace or a suppressor. If I'm going through the BS to make a deal with the ATF I'd go all out and find some transferrable HK machine guns and be done with it.

Saying the government will never pass gun legislation that will affect you personally, besides being provably false, is a ridiculous and selfish attitude. I have no desire to own bump stocks, suppressors or really even anything full auto, but that doesn't mean I don't care deeply that the government has and does infringe on my rights and the rights of my fellow citizens to own them.

In the meantime, I’m Spec Ops on the hogs legally with all the permits and equipment to have a damn good time.

Enjoy your horse and carriage
With all due respect I could care less about killing hogs legally or otherwise. And trust me, I have a damn good time all the time and don’t need anyone’s permission to do it. Horse and carriage. Lol.

I would be down with some thermal and NV. Other than that I’m perfectly happy with what I got and don’t need to have what you got. 😉

I don't agree with having to do all the paperwork to own an NFA item, but if you want to own one you have to do it, it is what it is.

Now i wouldn't have done my pistols if i hadn't already registered a few others. but it was free and i couldn't turn it down. besides i don't think this rule will ever come to be permanently, but i seen a way to convert mine for free and took it. well maybe not yet. i haven't been approved.

I will enjoy shooting them after i convert them a lot more than with the brace,

So this comment may wane off the main topic but shows the ridiculousness of these bureaucratic rules and regulations and the ambiguity.

ATF rules and regulations part of the cabal of Bureaucracies including the FDA.

As many major (D) cities claim and clamor that guns are deemed as Public Health Emergencies and qualify for additional funding for more social programs regardless how ineffective, it would be no surprise that gun regulations will find their way into the annals and directives of the FDA.

Now, many of you out there are likely in some violation of the FDA code if you are using a dental device in a manner other than it’s defined description, such as using it during a CLP regiment.

RT 872 -- DENTAL DEVICES
Subpart G - Miscellaneous Devices
Sec. 872.6855 Manual toothbrush.
(a) Identification. A manual toothbrush is a device composed of a shaft with either natural or synthetic bristles at one end intended to remove adherent plaque and food debris from the teeth to reduce tooth decay.

It may be a good time to keep those small bristle brushes separate from the cleaning kit until further direction is given by the FDA concerning other usage.
Just sayin’

Think again.

My co-worker showed me the paperwork for the registration of his modified AR, needed fingerprints, DL, Passport if available and the fee. How are outlaws supposed to be compliant :)
1657819368480.jpg

I just submitted a for an SBR a little while ago and I'll be submitting a few more tomorrow.

I submitted through Silencer Shop which cost me $50.00 for them to make sure all the docs are in order but I still had to input 100% of the information on the forms per ATF rules. Silencer Shop has my photo and prints on file so it made the process easy.

I just submitted a for an SBR a little while ago and I'll be submitting a few more tomorrow.

I submitted through Silencer Shop which cost me $50.00 for them to make sure all the docs are in order but I still had to input 100% of the information on the forms per ATF rules. Silencer Shop has my photo and prints on file so it made the process easy.
I had 6 to submit -so - for me - it was more cost effective to have a service do my prints. I have possession of the files - one price. And recently I submitted 2 paid forms. So overall getting the service done has paid off for me. Submitting the form electronically is not too bad at all.

Back