testtest

Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM 16

Definitely my next rifle purchase!

How do I convince the wife I didn't buy another gun but I won it in a raffle. 🤔
Some more examples of how you got it:
1). I found it on/in the Street, sidewalk, woods, job site,etc
2). A guy came running out of a bank and said "hold/take this"
3). A buddy was about to do something deathly stupid, and instead of saying "here, hold my beer", he said "here, hold my M1A SOCOM 16", and you never saw him again.
4). You were walking along, minding your own business and this"gun" just fell from the sky into your arms. "It was a sign from God, I tell ya, it was just meant to be"
5). You just happen to be walking by your Local Gun Shop/store, when some guy grabs you, pulls you inside and say "you're our millionth customer through the door", here you won this"
6). More to come? 🤔

Last edited:
2). A guy came gunning out of a bank and said "hold/take this"
3). A buddy was about to do something deathly stupid, and instead of saying "here, hold my beer", he said "here, hold my M1A SOCOM 16", and you never saw him again.
4). You were walking along, minding your own business and this"gun" just fell from the sky into your arms. "It was a sign from God, I tell ya, it was just meant to be"
5). You just happen to be walking by your Local Gun Shop/store, when some guy grabs you, pulls you inside and say "you're our millionth customer through the door", here you won this"
6). More to come? 🤔
This has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while! 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, the SOCOM 16 is known to have a substantial "bark" and "blast".
I currently have the Socom's distant cousin the Mini-14. Owning the Mini-14 and seeing the potential for the Socom-16 being similar in size and design and having twice the bark and blast is what's driving me to it mostly.

Plus the Socom-16 is just plain sexy!

I will own one before summer I'm sure of it.

2). A guy came gunning out of a bank and said "hold/take this"
6). More to come? 🤔
How about "if I don't have this, the terrorists win"?

I currently have the Socom's distant cousin the Mini-14. Owning the Mini-14 and seeing the potential for the Socom-16 being similar in size and design and having twice the bark and blast is what's driving me to it mostly.

Plus the Socom-16 is just plain sexy!

I will own one before summer I'm sure of it.

The shortest I've gone is the 18" Scout with an M1A, mainly since I want to retain more MV due to my location, and that the Scout still has a milder MB and report.

Last edited:
I was averaging 1-2 guns a month last year and I told her I would slow down on buying so I had a local store write me a receipt for $200 for a gun that I paid $600 so when the wife asked I googled the same gun to show her the receipt and asked how was I supposed to pass up such a good deal.

The things we do for guns.......🤣

Last edited:
I almost bought a SOCOM16 CQB this time last year. Almost, because while nobody had one in stock and I was still saving up, I was browsing at my local gun store and saw a DPMS AR in .308, and I instantly blew my wad (of money). 😉 Fortunately, I'm single, so there were no repercussions. This year I'm going to invest my tax return more wisely.

Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 CQB.jpg

Back