testtest

Springfield Prodigy Questions

I was looking at a Shadow 2 Optics ready and I was wondering how good it was. The SP-01 i had was amazing. I also was thinking about having hayes custom do a RIA 2011 for me. But the forums have encouraged me to give thee prodigy a chance
YahwenNoDeshi, Over the last two years of COVID lock down I bought a Shadow 2 Orange, but as of now not ever shot it. Yeah I know you must being thinking why buy and not shoot it? Let me just say its on my to do list before winter hits. I also have a 97BD which I base my reasoning for loving the Shadow 2.
That gun puts a smile on my face each and every time I have shot it. As for the SP-01 I have read many good things about it but never shot one.
Just maybe it comes down to my love of steel guns and only recently finding a couple plastic's I liked enough to keep.

YahwenNoDeshi, Over the last two years of COVID lock down I bought a Shadow 2 Orange, but as of now not ever shot it. Yeah I know you must being thinking why buy and not shoot it? Let me just say its on my to do list before winter hits. I also have a 97BD which I base my reasoning for loving the Shadow 2.
That gun puts a smile on my face each and every time I have shot it. As for the SP-01 I have read many good things about it but never shot one.
Just maybe it comes down to my love of steel guns and only recently finding a couple plastic's I liked enough to keep.
As much as I do like (and I do; CZ is making some kick-butt pistols right now)…the straight-press trigger models coming out (Prodigy, the Wilson X9/SFX9/STX9) just walk all over them.

The SP-01 is a great pistol and it's very accurate with very little muzzle rise while firing. It's a little on the heavy side which keeps it mostly a range gun for me. It would make a great HD pistol because of the capacity, accuracy and standard night sights it comes equipped with, but I already have that role filled with other options.

Here's my SP-01.

Screenshot_20220909-155106_Messages.jpg

The SP-01 is a great pistol and it's very accurate with very little muzzle rise while firing. It's a little on the heavy side which keeps it mostly a range gun for me. It would make a great HD pistol because of the capacity, accuracy and standard night sights it comes equipped with, but I already have that role filled with other options.

Here's my SP-01.

View attachment 30604
I really like my SP01 Tactical.

yeah, i have the 75B, and the 97B, and love them both. the 75B was my first hammer gun, and my G17 my first striker, both bought at the same time actually, at 2 different places.

as much as i love them, i just don't want any more right now (CZ's). my main focus has been on 1911 models

Would you ever put a 1911 in your carry rotation in 2022? Is capacity an issue for you? Could you suggest some good commander sized carry 1911 platforms to try for around 1500? If I decide not to go with the prodigy I will not give up on 1911's.

Edit: Someone suggested Bul Armory and I am taking a look at the ultra lite 2011 models

yeah, i have the 75B, and the 97B, and love them both. the 75B was my first hammer gun, and my G17 my first striker, both bought at the same time actually, at 2 different places.

as much as i love them, i just don't want any more right now (CZ's). my main focus has been on 1911 models
Smith&Wesson just came out with a new M&P 2.0 Metal. Had I not already spent the next several years allowance I would be hunting the baby down for sure.
You know what makes wanting all these new toys so much worse????? I'm a sucker for "Parts". Those things sure add up in a hurry.

Smith&Wesson just came out with a new M&P 2.0 Metal. Had I not already spent the next several years allowance I would be hunting the baby down for sure.
You know what makes wanting all these new toys so much worse????? I'm a sucker for "Parts". Those things sure add up in a hurry.
yeah, but i am "waning" from 9mm in favor of 45 ACP.

Would you ever put a 1911 in your carry rotation in 2022? Is capacity an issue for you? Could you suggest some good commander sized carry 1911 platforms to try for around 1500? If I decide not to go with the prodigy I will not give up on 1911's.

Edit: Someone suggested Bul Armory and I am taking a look at the ultra lite 2011 models
no, not a 1911, but G30 for sure, got a holster coming for that today in fact.

Right. So, this is a little of a stretch over your budget, but…in my experience? Worth it.
A8837559-EE49-4BEB-8F43-E0DACD697659.jpeg

This is what rode in my Bianchi OWB holster for most of today. Wilson Combat X9 EDC. If you’re looking for a carry pistol…it’s worth the extra $1k over the Prodigy.

Why?

First and foremost: PROVEN. They ran great out of the gate; issues with even the initial X9’s were few and far between.

Second: support. Wilson does not F around when it comes to making their customers happy. If you gave an issue—it gets SOLVED, to your satisfaction.

Seriously; if you want a higher-end, hammer-fired, all metal 9mm? The Wilson Combat X9 is the creme de la creme.

What brand of grease do you use? When i pickup my prodigy I may do that
+1 for TW25 grease.

Per @xdman’s suggestion I sit in front of the TV and cycle mine over and over. The rails are feeling very slick. I also pulled the followers out of my mags and filed down the small burr that each one has on the side.

Just got back from the range where I put another 60 trouble-free rounds through it. I’ve now put 310 rounds through it with no issues to report outside of the first four failures to feed. Also used a new 17 rd mag in the mix today.

+1 for TW25 grease.

Per @xdman’s suggestion I sit in front of the TV and cycle mine over and over. The rails are feeling very slick. I also pulled the followers out of my mags and filed down the small burr that each one has on the side.

Just got back from the range where I put another 60 trouble-free rounds through it. I’ve now put 310 rounds through it with no issues to report outside of the first four failures to feed. Also used a new 17 rd mag in the mix today.
Boy, I could have went to the dark side with your first few sentences……but I have refrained myself…….😬😬

Right. So, this is a little of a stretch over your budget, but…in my experience? Worth it.View attachment 30605
This is what rode in my Bianchi OWB holster for most of today. Wilson Combat X9 EDC. If you’re looking for a carry pistol…it’s worth the extra $1k over the Prodigy.

Why?

First and foremost: PROVEN. They ran great out of the gate; issues with even the initial X9’s were few and far between.

Second: support. Wilson does not F around when it comes to making their customers happy. If you gave an issue—it gets SOLVED, to your satisfaction.

Seriously; if you want a higher-end, hammer-fired, all metal 9mm? The Wilson Combat X9 is the creme de la creme.
That is one sweet machine there.

Hey folks !! So I’ve been reading and doing a lot of research with this new 1911 DS and I’m pretty disappointed. I would like to know what solutions are available to make these mistakes correct and me not having to dish out more money sending it back. “Springfield” aside from us sending our pistols back what can we do to make this $1600 plus purchase reliable. Otherwise I feel like many of us just got ripped off from such a company that has a good reputation.

Hey folks !! So I’ve been reading and doing a lot of research with this new 1911 DS and I’m pretty disappointed. I would like to know what solutions are available to make these mistakes correct and me not having to dish out more money sending it back. “Springfield” aside from us sending our pistols back what can we do to make this $1600 plus purchase reliable. Otherwise I feel like many of us just got ripped off from such a company that has a good reputation.
I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay to ship it back to Springfield. They take care of that. Ship it back. That's the solution.

Sorry sir was trying to add as a new thread didn’t know it was going directly to you. I appreciate the advice overall this sucks with all these issues with such a sweet looking pistol

Well, if it's any consolation, I just finished putting about 375 rounds through my 5" this morning and it still had quite a few jams or failures to load or chamber (whatever you want to call it) BUT, more and more mags went through with no hiccups (both the 17 and 20) so maybe and hopefully it is just a matter of breaking it in. I bought a 12 lb. recoil spring to replace the stock 9 lb. if necessary but I'll wait another couple hundred rounds to see if that will be necessary. I had a hell of a time just getting the 9 lb. back into the gun after cleaning it so the 12 lb. will not be a picnic in the park if I can even make it happen. I've heard from people in the know at my range and a local shop that say because this model is so tight and more like a high end competition pistol that they are tougher to break in and may require a break in period as well as changing out of parts, adjustments, etc. Good luck. Would've been nice if it would've just worked right out of the box like my other 2 1911s from Springfield but hopefully the payoff after the break in period will make up for it when it's finally dialed in. I have faith and just have to be patient I guess.

Sorry sir was trying to add as a new thread didn’t know it was going directly to you. I appreciate the advice overall this sucks with all these issues with such a sweet looking pistol
It isn't directly to me and I am not a sir. I was just responding to your post. SA takes care of shipping on warranty work.

Back in the day expecting a "Less than custom" 1911 to run flawlessly out of the box was unheard of. They all needed extractor work and feed ramp work. And they all needed to be broken in. These are not all hand fitted WC 3k pistols. I'm not saying there aren't problems with them, I am saying some of the problems are fairly typical of 1911 style handguns. That said, I have more than one $300-$400 1911 that ran great out of the box. I think if I paid $1600 for a handgun I would want it to run great out of the box, but I also wouldn't worry too much about it until I got it up to around 500-750 rounds. Range guns don't technically have to be flawless, carry guns do though. That's why I run a new carry gun until I get 500 flawless rounds through it before I carry it.

At any rate I hope all you guys get some satisfaction and I'm sure you will. SA is pretty good about that sort of thing. Though it is frustrating until that happens.

Back